+ Reply to Thread

Default rogaine - top of the head effectivness

I saw how on the rogaine package it only pictures it working in the crown area but does it also work for the top of the head as well?

My hairline is fine (mature hairline) although my crown is starting to thin in its very early stages along with the top of my head up to my hairline. Will minoxidil work to fix this assuming it works to fix up the crown?

I have a little opinion that it works for top but not as well as for crown. It is also annoying me though as couldn't find enough concrete answer

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    I saw how on the rogaine package it only pictures it working in the crown area but does it also work for the top of the head as well?
    Please watch the video in the first link below. Additional information is in the second link.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair...ding-hairline/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...-on-minoxidil/

There are examples on this forum of guys who experienced re-growth at the hairline with Rogaine. It's generally accepted to be less effective the further forward you go on the scalp, but it's not totally useless for the hairline as many people believe.

It's definitely worth a try for the top.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I've been applying Minox foam to my hairline for around seven month's now. It's knocked out what was a pretty good hairline and made it an obviuosly thinned out one. I kinda wish i didn't start using it now, but i'll persevere - i'm reading that gain's may not occur until a year or so? If i re-grew back what i lost after starting this course i'd be content. Right now i'm feeling very self-concious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    It's knocked out what was a pretty good hairline and made it an obviuosly thinned out one.
    That is not what actually happened, though I am sure it certainly would seem like it... The hair that shed out was on it's way out soon anyway.

After a year of being on Minoxidil[all over the head], and finasteride, every day...I see no difference. but I guess no difference is better than losing hair. I think I might have regrow just a bit but I wouldn't know because I stopped taking pics half way through, it was just gonna drive me crazy if I kept taking pictures. It was taking over my life. Whatever regrowth I did get in 1 year, it doesn't matter, I still wear a hat to go out because i'm uncomfortable showing my ugly head. So I woulda say it has been a waste of money. But the fin was free and the minoxidil was dirt cheap. Sorry if I discouraged anyone but at least know that you would most likely maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is not what actually happened, though I am sure it certainly would seem like it... The hair that shed out was on it's way out soon anyway.
    For sure it was on its way out-thats my destiny. However my hairloss hasnt ever been aggressive, but since using Minox it seems like it has grown fangs and is biting hard.