+ Reply to Thread

Default Generic Finasteride from Costco

Hey All,

I currently take Finasteride and split it, but Costco is showing a new generic from TEV that is about a third of the cost. Is this just as good or is only Merck worth while? Has any one tried or heard anything about it?

Cool that would be great

I do shop at costco, and take propecia. Is this true? I have not seen it. I need to know! I currently pay 77$ a month at Mejer pharmacy for this stuff, is that normal? and does any insurance plan on the planet cover finesteride? thanks

Arrow

Hey Treyga,

How long have you been taking Proscar and have you had success with it? The reason I ask is that I’m not a big fan of switching to a generic if you're doing well on the product that you're currently taking. Even though the generic is supposed to be exactly the same as the name brand, I have heard from guys who made the switch, and who now believe that they lost ground after doing so. These instances might have been coincidental, but to me if it you’re doing well, why screw with it.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

I have been taking about a year. I take 2.5 mg a day because quite honestly it is impossible to cut those into fourths. I can save SOOOO much money going generic. It is like over half the cost. I don't want to mess a great thing as I have not lost any more hair, but at the same time..I really want to save money.

Seriously guy, why would you mess with a good thing to save a few bucks a month?

well no...but to save like 30-40 bucks a month....yeah....it comes out to a few hundred dollars a year and the doc made it sound like there is absolutely no difference at all.

Costco is cheaper but I got tired of going to my doctor and dealing with the pharmacy. I found it easier in the long run just to buy it online. If you're curious this is where I get it without a script www.validonlinepharmacy.com