+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default At what age did your old man/relatives go bald? :-)

Just curious, and besides, it's a good way of spending some time with you guys!

My dad went bald at the age of 18-19 there are som pictures from the time he was serving/doing conspriction in Turkey. I'm 21 atm. and have all of my hair. I caught it right in time (4 months ago, and i noticed a severe shedding 7-8 months ago). My head looks completly normal now, looks like my hair from when i was 16 (only difference is my mature hairline but the difference is REALLY minor)

My cousin went COMPLETLY bald at the age of 18. Another one of my cousins have really thin hair know (he's 27), it's really obvious. Another of my cousins (26) also has diffuse thinning, and it's REALLY noticable when he styles it gel and stuff. My oldest cousin (28) is dealing with some receeding temples and thinning at the crown.

So yeah every male in my familiy is ****ed egarding MPB! :-S

My father was either 34 or 35 when it started. I remember it happening as a kid. He had a full head of hair when I was about 5 or 6 then I would say in the space of 5 years he went to a norwood 6.

I've started earlier. Probably started losing around 21 I guess. It has been slow and I'm now 25 with a norwood 2.5 I would say. My brother is a negative norwood the lucky son of a gun.

My mother’s mother had a full head of hair all her life. My mother started losing her hair in her 30's. So did two of her three sisters. All of my female cousins on my mother’s side started losing hair in their 30's. None of them are doing anything about. They wear wigs.

My mother’s father was horse shoe bald. None of her brothers have hair loss. My only male cousin on my mother’s side was horse shoe bald shortly after graduating high school.

My father’s father was horse shoe bald. One of my father’s brothers was horse shoe bald. My father started losing hair in his 50's. So did the rest of his brothers. Only my oldest male cousins on my father’s side are showing signs of hair loss. None of my female cousins on my father’s side have hair loss.

I started losing hair in my 30's. My sister started losing hair in her 30's. One of my brothers has been horse shoe bald since his 30's. My other brother started losing hair in his late 40's.

Long story short, hair loss is very strong on both sides of my family. My brothers, sister and I were doomed. We are hoping and praying that it skips her daughters.

My father is not bald, its hair just went thin and my mother side all my uncles are extra thick hair. As I've been seeing We're losing hair earlier.

Wow. Never thought someone can be bold at the age of 18. You're so young... But there's a good thing about it: now you look more like Bruce Willis. That's kinda cool, cause he always saves the Universe. Maybe you should try it sometimes.
    As for my father, he's something like 50 now and he just started to loose his hair.
    mp4 to mp3 converter

My father started losing his hair in his early 30's, and progressed very very slowly. He was a NW3 from about 35 to 50, from 50 to 67 he's turned into a nw6.

My mom's side has absolutely no balding at all. Her father and all her brothers have thick lush heads of hair. Why couldn't I of inherited those genes!?!?

My father had a juvenile hairline until he died aged 58. My mother's brother began to thin in his late thirties or early forties and it has been slow. Their father was around a NW6 and I've seen photos of him aged about 14 when he was already a NW3! Thank God hairloss in my family is minimal overall and I didn't follow his pattern.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

My dad is NW6 , and he's 58. My elder brother is NW6 and he's 29, he went from NW3 to NW6-7 in like 6 years, and he did not try to prevent it.

At age 23 I was NW2.5 and now I am NW 3-3.5 currently on Propecia.

Both my brother and I have got our MPB genes from my Mother. The males in my mom's side all went bald before age 30. My elder brother is taking this route, and I am hoping to avoid it!

I have no history of baldness at all except from one uncle who is thinning in his 50's! Ive been through all old family pictures obvious facial features and builds but no balding except for me, what a shi@ter

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbo View Post
    I have no history of baldness at all except from one uncle who is thinning in his 50's!
    Most people whould be very hard pressed to find no hair loss at all in their family history... All it takes is one blood relative from either side of the family from any generation and you know you have the gene.