+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    This is brilliant mate, I'm sure your posts will give hope to a lot of guys out there. Glad its been so successful for you, I can only imagine that feeling of being totally happy with my hair, all the best with it!

Thanks guys really appreciate your kind replies ...it is without a doubt the best decision of my life and I wish everyone else the best success with growing your own back.

Take care guys.

Thank you for posting your story.

I'm a 22yo male with a decent amount of hair loss and I'm contemplating having a hair transplant. (I'll post pics in that thread later). It's amazing to see such great results!!!

More importantly, it's fascinating to hear how much happier you are and how the transplant has changed the way you feel. In my life people tell me to just 'get over it' and 'accept it' or 'it doesn't look that bad' and it's so frustrating to hear this from people who have no idea what you're going through. I'm been constantly wearing my hat for the past 2 years (except on the rare formal occasion) and I'm so tired of it. Reading your story and how relieved you were to finally get rid of it really resonates with me.

I hate waking up in the morning and not being able to just go outside without wearing a cap or having to spend so much time "styling" my hair to cover up as much as I can. I hate how every time I shower the first thing I look at is how much more hair I've lost.

To those who will read this and say to buzz it or shave it, I'm going to be trying that in a few days when I graduate from university and no longer have to be around the same people who knew me when I had lots of hair (ie. back in 1st year). That way I can avoid having to talk about this subject with every single person I meet.

Again, thank you for posting your story of how a hair transplant really made a difference in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Thank you for posting your story.

Thanks Locke, I hear you. I never took my hat off apart from when attending formal family gatherings and going into the office at work was a nightmare.. specially in meetings! I nearly died with embarrassment when it was my turn to speak in front of the whole room. Terrible, and that was the time I just decided 'I cant do this anymore' and started looking for help on the forums out of deperation. My heart races with anxiety even thinking of how I went into work looking like that. I suffered bad depression because of this, when I got home I never left my room until the next day to go back into work again, but until then I would be thinking of how crap my day had been and dreading the next one.

Sorry for the long explanation....I just wanted you to know I do know how that feels.

Your still very young you have your full life ahead of you, dont rush into anything yet... its cool.. you have time on your side... I know your friends tell you 'its not so bad' but thats what friends do. Least you know they care about how you feel, but like you said... they have no idea of how you feel inside, unless you have suffered hair loss.

I heard a cancer patient speaking about losing there hair during there therapy, and the real wake up call for me to hear them saying... they are more upset about losing there hair than having the disease!! This is how much your appearance has an effect on how you feel about yourself. Even someone in that situation was devastated by there hair loss 1st of all over there health.

When someone who hasn't suffered hair loss tells you 'not to worry' its just impossible for them to understand how its effecting you mentally, you just have to acknowledge them and kind of humour them a little, as they are just trying to be supportive without realising how much its effecting you inside.

Thats a great idea to shave it off... and waiting for the right time. You can look great with a shaved head....many guys do. I want to wish u all the best with your own future.

Take care and dont stress too much...you have some good options and your really young I only finally found myself feeling better over the last few years since I was 22 and now I'm 38 in July! But I now feel 22 again

Hang in there mate.

Looking great dude!Enjoy - coz U deserve it!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

WOW DUDE!!! Great freakin results! Truly incredible! I've recently decided that I'm not going to move forward with an HT because of all the horror stories-you know them first hand as you yourself were a victim of a bad HT. But results like yours make me want to reconsider my stance on HT's.

Dude, I'm really happy for you. I'm sure you're estatic and I'm sure it's turned your life around, for the good! Enjoy it, you deserve it, especially after the nightmare you went through in 95.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    WOW DUDE!!! Great freakin results! Truly incredible! I've recently decided that I'm not going to move forward with an HT because of all the horror stories-you know them first hand as you yourself were a victim of a bad HT. But results like yours make me want to reconsider my stance on HT's.

Dude, I'm really happy for you. I'm sure you're estatic and I'm sure it's turned your life around, for the good! Enjoy it, you deserve it, especially after the nightmare you went through in 95.

Cheers!

Thanks Level for the kind feedback the most important thing is you make the decision you feel is right for you.. thats cool. The reason I had a bad HT at the beginning was because I didnt have a computer or able to research the best HT Dr's around like you can now. I went to the nearest one as they had a fantastic advertisment of guys before and after pictures in a magazine promising amazing results! It turned out to be the worst decision I have ever made.

The difference is now you/everyone that finds these forums can make a really good educated decision based on the results of certain Dr's and can decide who they feel comfortable with. (but the most important thing for guys in the UK is to travel! dont think you'll get the same results here).

I'm super grateful for these Forums and the guys that have helped me (and of course Dr Feller) and without them I would still be in my room with my hat on hiding my head.

I wish you all the best and thanks for your kind words it's a great feeling to hear someone telling you that your hair looks good, this is really something I never thought I would hear anyone say to me in a million years before my repair.

All the best