+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    I saw it somewere, I don't know where. It looks great but i don't believe that it will bring back natural density in a head like Teli Savalas had and i don't believe that it will bring back a natural hairline, for that we will need a HT surgry.
    Do you have any reason to believe it won't bring back natural density? Or is that belief simply based on a cynical hunch.

I don't know how much density it will restore if it works. I do believe hair transplant surgery will still be needed to restore a lost hair line though.

What are the variables in this procedure? Obviously the Dermal Cup is the backbone but, does anyone know any other factors that have been tested with the other cell based treatments?

This may be phase 2 stuff but, If it has already been documented and you could point out the article I would appreciate it. i.e. solution they use to multiply the cells, depth at which they inject, doses they've tested, area per injection.

which of the three pictures are of the cells that dr gho transplants? which are follica? and which replicel?

Yeah our intuition is all telling us that we'll need FUE for the hairline (first 1cm, maybe a little more). Around 1500 FUE I would think for native density.

Thing is they say they can get follicular neogenesis so new hairs that were never there to begin with could grow and that might be messy that close to the forehead and up front for all to see. What does it matter in the crown for example if the effect extends beyond the crown and into the donor. It's not a problem. The hairline potentially is though. If it works out like this Dr. Rahal will be a busy man.

If DSC cells have been tried on humans then I wouldn't be surprised if Chengyang People's Hospital perhaps tried it on a burn victim or that other Chinese hospital that Replicel are now affiliated with for human testing. Maybe Chengyang People's Hospital is the one that Replicel are affiliated with. I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    which of the three pictures are of the cells that dr gho transplants? which are follica? and which replicel?
    The three pictures are all from Replicel.

The issue of the hairline needing to be transplanted is at this point really just a guess. Its a possibility that might be real as the clinical trials go on, but until the trials progress, we don't have any solid info to base this guess on. I would also think Replicel (probably Aderans as well) was aware of this possibility before starting the trials, and they most likely have come up or coming up with some way to administer these injections to recreate the hariline.

But we shall see.

This is all just speculation guys. We don't know anything yet. I'm sorry to be the devils advocate on this one but we need to stay cool and just wait for trial results. And not just phase I trial results. Histogen had promising first trial results from phase I/II, and now they are nowhere to be heard from...

However unlike Histogen, I don't doubt the efficacy of Replicel I am more concerned about the current financial crisis since phase 3 trials are hardest to pull off because of their cost, managment needs and concers and so on..

On the other hand I always was and always will be a pessimist, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    This is all just speculation guys. We don't know anything yet. I'm sorry to be the devils advocate on this one but we need to stay cool and just wait for trial results. And not just phase I trial results. Histogen had promising first trial results from phase I/II, and now they are nowhere to be heard from...
    Agreed. Until the end of the first quarter of 2012, when RepliCel should share the results of its first in-man (pilot) trial, no one has any real reason to celebrate the technology as a treatment for hairloss in human beings.

Much the same should be said of Histogen's H.S.C.: a rational person must wait to make any conclusions, until results are shared of their phase I/II trial.

Mice are lucky motherf'ers. They get all hair treatments done on them, they can go back to their rat land and show off their new hair to the female mice. While we're here just reading about how successful treatments are on mice and we stay balding.