Full article found here

http://hairmultiplicationnews.wordpr...us-at-the-end/

Important statements are bold, hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Full article found here

http://hairmultiplicationnews.wordpr...us-at-the-end/

Important statements are bold, hope you enjoy it
    I'd leave spanishdude out of the blog... you were doing good

Well done Dawkins. You've added some great stuff to the forums the last while. Much of the that information verifies what many of us intuitively thought. Donor regeneration drops after the first harvest. However that really isn't a problem at all if they're getting 70% (even 60%) regeneration first time and Dr. Gho is on the level about the procedure. Why? Because the average norwood 6 will have around 18,000-21,000 FU in their donor. You could take every FU once (Yes near 20,000 FU) over multiple procedures and get back 70% of the donor.

Of course given current methods how would you know you're not harvesting a previously harvested follicle on the second, third pass etc.? Well, you probably couldn't tell. This is where a machine like ARTAS could help with donor mapping and transection/extraction. If HST works then we could easily get 20,000 FU over multiple procedures. An ARTAS like machine could go in and take 3000 FU the first time and 80-85% of those follicles come back. Second procedure it could use its mapping capabilities and take a different 3000 FU next time. Rinse and repeat.

If you can get even 60% donor regeneration of a follicle you can harvest everyone of them once and get 20,000 to transplant and 12,000 to regrow (equivalent to donor thinning of 40%). However maybe it is not exactly as Dr. Gho says it is. We may indeed be getting donor regeneration of 80-85% for a given follicle but perhaps you cannot take the follicle adjacent to it next time due to microscarring making the likelihood of donor renegeration drop for that second adjacent follicle.

An interesting read though.

Inactive

@ needhairasap : Thanks but i had to include it for people to see the dirty face of some users who even attack the smallest effort put in to find a solution.

I also posted this at a dutch hair loss forum and one moderator smirked and said "I was thinking the same as SpanishDude"

This shows me one thing, some people simply dont care and/or read other users postings carefully. Skywalker clearly pointed out WHY he asked for beard hair etc. Why does he get attacked for being thouroughly?

You know, people called me psycho, asshole, bitch and ****er all the time and of course i was never an angel but at least i really wanna help people, thats all i am doing. And i use all that there is available, it is no coincidence that a lot of users dont wanna participate anymore at hair site and other paid off forums. Also SpanishDude is always the frst person to attack and provoke others, but when he gets attacked back he just turns around reality and comes through with it. For example hair site accepts his provokings but here at bald truth they banned him because they saw the troublemaker he is.

And for example i often use harsh languange etc but i hinkthat the moderators here saw that it is not to attack or insult anyone on a personal level, its more of an agresive way to help people.

Just take a look at SpanishDude and IronMans latest replies at hair site, they have been away for a while and theyre comeback consists of you guesed it, attacks and in SDs case the usual lies etc.

All i can see there are people who were normal and the moment SD comes up he even annoys someone like Skywalker, who was at least to my understanding a very calm guy.

-----------------------------------------------------

@Follicle Death Row: Your estimation is almost correct but you missed one point, if you would harvest 20.000 in general more then two times, your head would get into big trouble because the average human has around 50k follicles on his head.

Believe me if you would transplant aroung 60k follicles on your head, you would get severe itching, a high chance for puss filled pimples and a greasy flaky scalp.

The perfect solution would be a restoration of around 70 to 80% of the original density, which obviously can be achieved with Gho.

Also there is something i forgot, Gho didnt wanted to do the 50 Grafst Tests on Skywalker nor was he interested in beard hairs. This is absolutely amazing because ahem Skywalker is a NW6/7 guy.

You know what this means if a surgeons say "You are a straight forward boring case" we dont need to test even if you are NW6 or 7?

In simple words, this means JACKPOT

And i say Thank you very much to every Blog reader, of course this blog is not a bald truth talk substitute, but its another unbiased point of view on the whole situation.

And i personally hope that the hair loss community can now understand, why i went ballistic sometimes at hair site. its simply because i cant stand injustice

PS: Oh i forgot to tell you this Follicle Death Row, but your estimations are correct which means in other words "Early or first generation solution to hair loss"

Apologies maybe I didn't explain my idea clearly enough. I'm not talking about transplanting 60,000FU. That's more than a non balding person has on their entire head. I'm talking about a norwood 6 going for 18-20k FU. Which would be getting back to about 80% native density all over (80FU/cm2). My idea would be to use an ARTAS like system to map the follicles in the donor so that we never use a follicle a second time. Essentially if 80% regen is real for the first time you harvest a follicle, every follicle can be harvested once and a nw6 will end up with 80% native all over the scalp. In other words we never reharvest a follicle, we just try to harvest almost every follicle once if donor regen is actually happening.

The issue of taking every follicle might not work out in practice due to confluence of microscarring in the donor but it is an interesting thought. Even if we could take every second follicle once we'd be getting up around 9000FU. Then you could always try and eek out another 3000 by reharvesting and/or taking new follicles. Man I hope that HST pans out. Time will tell.

Inactive

Ah now i understand.

Seems plausible, but the graft count needs to be higher or you are busy for over a decade.

But correct if you got around 80% regeneration in the first round where you theoretically harvest every follicle once, this would be a huge shitload of follicles to use.

One thing is for sure with that much, its not a comb over its a real restoration. 70 to 80% of original density forever seems very good, the other 20% yeah who gives a crap.

In some cases even 60% of original density would work o in other words, given the own expectations, even donor limited NW7 guy can achieve your figures over time and money.

And we shouldnt forgetthat even this HST can be redefined in some ways like mega sessions or whatever.

For example if Dr Cole could achieve 50% regeneration on a consistant scale, this would help people up to NW4 who wont go beyond that.

All others need figures of 70% regeneration and upwards.

To bad that :

- Gho is expensive
    - does relatively small sessions
    - no other clinic/surgeons are interested

So sad that not hair los is the problem anymore but rather the three things above, which are not directly connected with hair loss, what an irony :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Apologies maybe I didn't explain my idea clearly enough. I'm not talking about transplanting 60,000FU. That's more than a non balding person has on their entire head. I'm talking about a norwood 6 going for 18-20k FU. Which would be getting back to about 80% native density all over (80FU/cm2). My idea would be to use an ARTAS like system to map the follicles in the donor so that we never use a follicle a second time. Essentially if 80% regen is real for the first time you harvest a follicle, every follicle can be harvested once and a nw6 will end up with 80% native all over the scalp. In other words we never reharvest a follicle, we just try to harvest almost every follicle once if donor regen is actually happening.

The issue of taking every follicle might not work out in practice due to confluence of microscarring in the donor but it is an interesting thought. Even if we could take every second follicle once we'd be getting up around 9000FU. Then you could always try and eek out another 3000 by reharvesting and/or taking new follicles. Man I hope that HST pans out. Time will tell.

If it pans out the way you say, I think I'd take HST by a good surgeon rather then deal with some of the strange chems and cell cultures

God damn it. I can't believe no doctor in N. America wants to bother with Gho's method. I'm wondering what it takes to become an HT doctor. Maybe I should learn it. Oh but I wouldn't be able to do the surgery on myself anyway. I wish Gho would at least open a clinic in N. America. If doctors here don't want to go there or learn his method, why the hell doesn't Gho open a clinic here.

Richard, do you plan to go to Gho for an HT? I'm just curious why you haven't got one yet.

Inactive

Hi good uestion, right now i am saving the money to go for multiple sessions after 9 months, i wanna save money for three or four consecutive sessions first.

Also i wanna see how far i can use cell based technology, thats also the reason why i said "I dont wanna have more follicles transplanted then i had originally before" i think i would be a severe case of an ithing head, especially because i like to do sports with a lot of sweat.

But when i go i will definitely document it at my blog (everyone is btw invited to present his/her HSI case there).

Thanks for the question, and believe me its not that i dont believe in Gho or something, i only wanna save enough money to have consecutive sessions done thats it like in go to the first session and immediately after that make an appointment for the second one

PS : The onl surgeon i know of who does something slightly similare if he is not lieing, is Dr Cole, but as he said himself it needs improvement

If the first session costs around 10,000$, is the cost of consecutive sessions less? Or does each session cost 10,000$?