+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Should I ditch it or continue?

Okay,

I am 24 and have been using proscar 1mg for the past year (as well as nizoral 2%) in an attempt to freeze any hair loss I thought i was coming into experiencing, with potential to re-grow a little more. I was and still am a norwood 1, however my dad is completely bald, which is obviously a worrying factor to me.

My dilemma, and what I'm hoping to decide is whether to stop using finasteride or continue.

After a recent appointment to the doctors to re-prescribe and a research over the internet, my before pleased and confident state of mind that fin is 'the bomb' and a life saver, has now turned to complete confusion and worry based on all the negative reports and stories I have been reading up on.

Just to add. I believe I am not suffering from ANY side effects. I am still very active and play sport, not drowsy, go to the gym and seeing great improvements, nothing in the sexual department to have changed at all. Still beat off very regularly and produce good amounts of semen (especially when I don't beat off for at least a day) However I DO NOT WANT THIS TO CHANGE! As I am sure no one would, even if it meant losing their hair.

Please help me make a decision as I am very confused atm as to which direction to step.

Thank you for your time and responses

I will post some photos soon as i know it helps.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerland View Post
    Please help me make a decision as I am very confused atm as to which direction to step.
    It would not be appropriate for anyone to help you make a decision like this.

The official percentage of men who experience negative sexual side effects from this medication is 2%. There is very strong evidence that many of those who experience this side effect are actually experiencing a self fulfilling prophecy. What that means is that because they are expecting sexual side effects, they are experiencing sexual side effects. Since you have not experienced these side effects, this does not appear to be a problem for you.

Tigerland,

My experience with this is that since I've been working for H&W for the past 8 years I have never heard of any of our patients developing side effects after the first few months of use. You either develop the sides once you start or you don't develop them at all. Simple as that.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I agree with Jotronic. It sounds like you have nothing to worry about with regard to side effects, but I do question the wisdom of using the drug before hairloss has begun, and without knowing if it's even going to be a concern for you. I understand you might view your father's hair as an omen for the future of your follicles, but things aren't that certain.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerland View Post
    Okay,

I am 24 and have been using proscar 1mg for the past year (as well as nizoral 2%) in an attempt to freeze any hair loss I thought i was coming into experiencing, with potential to re-grow a little more. I was and still am a norwood 1, however my dad is completely bald, which is obviously a worrying factor to me.

My dilemma, and what I'm hoping to decide is whether to stop using finasteride or continue.

After a recent appointment to the doctors to re-prescribe and a research over the internet, my before pleased and confident state of mind that fin is 'the bomb' and a life saver, has now turned to complete confusion and worry based on all the negative reports and stories I have been reading up on.

Just to add. I believe I am not suffering from ANY side effects. I am still very active and play sport, not drowsy, go to the gym and seeing great improvements, nothing in the sexual department to have changed at all. Still beat off very regularly and produce good amounts of semen (especially when I don't beat off for at least a day) However I DO NOT WANT THIS TO CHANGE! As I am sure no one would, even if it meant losing their hair.

Thank you for your time and responses

I will post some photos soon as i know it helps.

Cheers
    So what exactly is your question ? You say you don't care about losing your hair if you knew Fin would cause you side effects. Then just don't use it. If you're so scared of this imaginary monster in the shape of a blue pill why even bother taking it? I can't believe the fear that people have of this pill. Chances are even if Fin never actually causes any side effects in you your mind will start creating them. That's the case with many of the users and I have no doubt about it.

i use .5 every other day.

Matlondon, i think it is working for you and you do not have any, hmm side effects ?