+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thank you but one article is hardly enough evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Thank you but one article is hardly enough evidence.
    Another recent article vindicates that too.

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/44478

However, the hair transplant community would like you to think otherwise, that is, believe that hair follicles die, so that they can keep making huge amounts of money from a surgery as simple as hair transplant. God, I hate capitalism!

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Another recent article vindicates that too.

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/44478

However, the hair transplant community would like you to think otherwise, that is, believe that hair follicles die, so that they can keep making huge amounts of money from a surgery as simple as hair transplant. God, I hate capitalism!
    Its thanks to capitalism that we have treatments available in the first place. And its thanks to capitalism that superior treatments in the future will be available.

And no OP, follicles don't die apparently - according http://www.biologixhair.com/.

And it can be reaffirmed if you find some study done in a university in the states but I can't be bothered finding it.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    However, the hair transplant community would like you to think otherwise, that is, believe that hair follicles die, so that they can keep making huge amounts of money from a surgery as simple as hair transplant.
    I doubt the question of whether hair follicles truly "die" has much of an impact on the economics of the hair transplant industry -- since there's no known way to revive non-producing hair follicles, it's a moot point.

Yeah, maybe some younger guys might hold off on getting hair transplants in the (so far unrealized) hopes that hair follicles don't actually die and that science might find some way to revive them within the next several years, but I don't get the impression that a significant chunk of potential HT patients are banking on it.

God, I hate capitalism!
    Without a profit motive, where do you think the resources to figure out how to revive non-producing hair follicles will come from?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    I doubt the question of whether hair follicles truly "die" has much of an impact on the economics of the hair transplant industry -- since there's no known way to revive non-producing hair follicles, it's a moot point.

Yeah, maybe some younger guys might hold off on getting hair transplants in the (so far unrealized) hopes that hair follicles don't actually die and that science might find some way to revive them within the next several years, but I don't get the impression that a significant chunk of potential HT patients are banking on it.

Without a profit motive, where do you think the resources to figure out how to revive non-producing hair follicles will come from?
    The question of whether of a follicle truly dies would absolutely have an effect on the hair transplant industry. If hair loss sufferers were convinced that there was no chance of reviving a "dead" follicle, they would be less inclined to wait for better treatments that claim to revive follicles, and would thereby be more likely to opt for today's hair transplantation options. Hell, there are people that come on this forum all the time, asking if they should wait for future treatments or simply pull the trigger and get a hair transplant.

I don't think Baldozer was meant that he fully hated capitalism, just that he hates certain aspects of capitalism. BTW, Baldozer, you've brought up some very good points in your posts.