• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sp8rky
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
    All good hair follicles go to Heaven.

lol,

That's all i wanted to say, but for some reason my post has to contain 10 letters or more, should be enough now.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by sp8rky
      ...can you link to this?
      What is up with this? Everyone want's a link to everything. As if nothing in the world really happens unless there is a link about it. Doesn't anybody spend any time in the real world anymore?

Get out into the sunshine. It will do you a world of good.

Comment

• sp8rky
        • Jul 2012

So, you can't then?

With 2,235 posts, I think it's you who needs to get out in the sunshine, go on, treat yourself!

Comment

• gavinmulls02
          • Sep 2012

She's been a member since Sep 2011. That's only roughly 5 posts per day leading up to Sep 2012. I doubt she spends that much time here.

Comment

• baldozer
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
            I was listening to The Bald Truth today and heard a comment that hair follicles do not die. I had read long ago that hair follicles miniaturize until they become dormant. Then after they are dormant for an undetermined number of years, they die. So I was surprised to hear that comment. Could one of the doctors chime in and confirm whether hair follicles actually die or not?
            Read this article Tracy, where they say a 73 year old bald man regrew all his hair after being on spiro (for problems other than hair-loss) for 6 years!

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

Thank you but one article is hardly enough evidence.

Comment

• baldozer
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                Thank you but one article is hardly enough evidence.
                Another recent article vindicates that too.

However, the hair transplant community would like you to think otherwise, that is, believe that hair follicles die, so that they can keep making huge amounts of money from a surgery as simple as hair transplant. God, I hate capitalism!

Comment

• LMS
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
                  Another recent article vindicates that too.

However, the hair transplant community would like you to think otherwise, that is, believe that hair follicles die, so that they can keep making huge amounts of money from a surgery as simple as hair transplant. God, I hate capitalism!
                  Its thanks to capitalism that we have treatments available in the first place. And its thanks to capitalism that superior treatments in the future will be available.

And no OP, follicles don't die apparently - according http://www.biologixhair.com/.

And it can be reaffirmed if you find some study done in a university in the states but I can't be bothered finding it.

Comment

• gmonasco
                    Inactive
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by baldozer
                    However, the hair transplant community would like you to think otherwise, that is, believe that hair follicles die, so that they can keep making huge amounts of money from a surgery as simple as hair transplant.
                    I doubt the question of whether hair follicles truly "die" has much of an impact on the economics of the hair transplant industry -- since there's no known way to revive non-producing hair follicles, it's a moot point.

Yeah, maybe some younger guys might hold off on getting hair transplants in the (so far unrealized) hopes that hair follicles don't actually die and that science might find some way to revive them within the next several years, but I don't get the impression that a significant chunk of potential HT patients are banking on it.

God, I hate capitalism!
                    Without a profit motive, where do you think the resources to figure out how to revive non-producing hair follicles will come from?

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
                      I doubt the question of whether hair follicles truly "die" has much of an impact on the economics of the hair transplant industry -- since there's no known way to revive non-producing hair follicles, it's a moot point.

Yeah, maybe some younger guys might hold off on getting hair transplants in the (so far unrealized) hopes that hair follicles don't actually die and that science might find some way to revive them within the next several years, but I don't get the impression that a significant chunk of potential HT patients are banking on it.

Without a profit motive, where do you think the resources to figure out how to revive non-producing hair follicles will come from?
                      The question of whether of a follicle truly dies would absolutely have an effect on the hair transplant industry. If hair loss sufferers were convinced that there was no chance of reviving a "dead" follicle, they would be less inclined to wait for better treatments that claim to revive follicles, and would thereby be more likely to opt for today's hair transplantation options. Hell, there are people that come on this forum all the time, asking if they should wait for future treatments or simply pull the trigger and get a hair transplant.

I don't think Baldozer was meant that he fully hated capitalism, just that he hates certain aspects of capitalism. BTW, Baldozer, you've brought up some very good points in your posts.

Comment

Working...