+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I don't know man, this whole prayer issue is really a debateable thing. I think some people's prayers actually do get answered especially people who live happy lives without such enormous burdens as hair loss or anything else. I do agree though that if God did answer the prayers of everyone, then we would live in a perfect and peaceful world, which we obviously don't.
    My issue is that I believe that a certain medication that I was taking for a long time contributed to my hair loss, yet I was never aware at all this medication could cause hair loss. If I had known, I never would've taken that medication in the first place. I just wish I would've been given some sign, any kind of sign that certain medications could cause hair loss. Even if some one had casually said something off the cuff about certain medications causing hair loss, or I had read something on the internet to that effect, then I would have been "warned", and I would've gotten off that medication immediately. But man, I was just so naive about hair loss before it happened to me. Hell, I didn't even know what the term 'alopecia' even meant before I started losing my hair.
    You're right that genetics is to blame most of the time for hair loss, and I don't blame you for blaming your dad for giving you bad genetics that caused your hair loss. Although I'm pissed off that hair loss is obviously in my genetics as well, I could never really blame my folks for any of this. I think I most likely got this bad hair loss gene(s) from my maternal side of the family, and my mother loves me so much that she would never wish this upon me at all. None of my bald family members would wish this upon me either, they got shafted with regards to shit genetics, just like I did. What really kills me is that my dad is 60 years old and still has very thick hair. He actually developed a receding hair line at age 20 (very early) but it never progressed beyond that and his hair always stayed very thick so no one ever commented on his receding hair line.
    What really kills me is that in this world, there is no justice whatsoever. You see good people all the time getting screwed over with shitty things happening to them like hair loss and other diseases, yet bad people so often get the best luck and have the best things happen to them. I consider myself to be moral and good person, and I know that I never did anything to deserve this hair loss curse. Yet one of my rock n roll heroes (Vince Neil of Motley Crue) kills his friend and causes the brain damage of another person in a drunk driving accident and what's his reward? Millions of dollars, banging tons of hot chicks, and making a living having the time of his life. There is certainly no justice in this world and you don't get what you give, as so many people like to say. If there really was a God watching over us, then these injustices would most certainly never happen, or wouldn't happen so frequently.
    Actually, I was talking to a guy today about God and religion, and he was telling me that instead of praying for certain things to happen (which I don't do anymore), pray to God to give you the strength to make it through those tough times. But that's total B.S. when it comes to hair loss because right now there is no treatment or medication for us to completely regrow our hair, or even regrow a decent amount of it. And that's what's so maddening about hair loss, that it is largely permanent and there is nothing really effective that we can do to change our situation. So many people have the opportunity to work hard to change the things that they don't like in their life. If a person is fat, they can bust their ass to lose weight. If a person isn't making enough money, they can always go back to school to get a better education so that they can make more money. Or they can search for a better job. If a person is small, they can always pump iron and get bigger. Yet as hair loss sufferers, we're really ****ed in our situation because their is no effective method to regrow our hair. And if there was a way to regrow hair, I have no doubt that guys like you, me, and many others would pursue it no matter how much it costs or how much pain we had to endure. If it was hypothetically proven that if a person ran 10 miles a day, that they would regrow a substantial portion of their hair, I would run that 10 miles and much more, despite the fact that I can't even run 1 mile nonstop today! I would find a way.
    Life sure as shit doesn't make any sense at all and you certainly don't get what you give. It makes wonder why I should even try to do the right thing anymore, if all I get is total shit in return. I ask myself 'why should I even bother to pray when all I get is pain and suffering in return'? I dunno man, life is totally ****ed up, we both know that.

Depressed, I understand your frustration and anger. I feel a lot of anger myself. Like I said, life is NOT fair and doesn't make any sense. That's the one indisputable truth about life. Life is full of miseries.
    I know sometimes it appears like good people get the shitty end of the stick while the bad and evil ones get the good. But like I said, hair loss is a matter of genetics. Being good or bad will have no bearing on whether you're going to be bald or not. And I don't care if you pray every second of every day of your life, if your parents had the bald gene in them, you're going to end up bald. I'm a good person too who's never hurt anyone in my life, yet I have a shitty life and I'm losing my hair, thanks to my parents. I don't see it any other way.

Folly, how you getting on now? any sign of growth?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Folly, how you getting on now? any sign of growth?
    Nop. I've had maybe 5 - 10% growth. I'm just over 10 months post op now, so the remaining 90 - 95 % growth is highly unlikely.

DepressedByHairLoss:

Don't take this the wrong way man, we're all here because we feel down or even sad by our hairloss. It's completely out of our control and we wish we had it otherwise. We see people who are self-confident or even arrogant, they act like total jerks, they take what they have for granted and we feel we might've deserved to keep our hair more than they did.

But you know what? When I read your post about "the enormous burden of baldness", "prayers not being answered" and "injustice" I really wanna slap some sense in you. Seriously man you're 32 years-old.

80-85 % of the people in the world (both bald and full of hair) are born in poverty, hunger, war or enviroments which give them absolutely no chances for the future. Other people are born with - or get the 'enormous burden' on a later stage in life - some terrible physical or mental handicap/disease which excludes them completely of starting a normal family or social life. Neither one of their prayers will ever by answered.

Yes, it's sad we lost a big part of our identity and our good looks, but you know what? Put your money where your mouth is and go run those 10 miles a day, go work out in the gym and be mindful of your clothes and half the chicks won't even care if you're bald.

We're all here because we hope one day to see (even just a small part) of our hair back. But if you're depressed because you can't be billionaire or bang tons of hot chicks you need to get real or man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Nop. I've had maybe 5 - 10% growth. I'm just over 10 months post op now, so the remaining 90 - 95 % growth is highly unlikely.
    Oh dear. Sorry man.

For the rest of our sakes, could you name the surgeon for us, and what country you had it done in.

Thanks.

For the rest of our sakes, could you name the surgeon for us, and what country you had it done in.
    Unfortunately, not for the time being. I'm waiting until 12 months post-op and then i will have a review with him and see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Unfortunately, not for the time being. I'm waiting until 12 months post-op and then i will have a review with him and see what he says.
    Ok.

Did you have any reassurances from him before surgery that if it didn't work then he could work something out financially or try doing another Transplant. Or have you been in contact with him recently to inform him of how its gone and he has offered to help out?

Ok.
    Did you have any reassurances from him before surgery that if it didn't work then he could work something out financially or try doing another Transplant.
    No, i was so ignorant last year about hair transplants, grafts not growing at all was something i hadn't considered, so i didn't even talk to my HT surgeon about it. I didn't even think it was a possibility to have almost no growth. I was told there was a 90 - 95% success rate with FUE, so tbh, i would have been happy with 70%. Never in a million years did i think i would have 10% growth after 10 months.

God only knows what i signed on the day. Obviously, i'm not going to read 10 pages of a contract before my surgery. You research, you find a doctor you trust and then you leave it in his hands. That's what i did, but it didn't work out.

The only positive for me was that i rushed into a HT last year when i didn't even need one, so i still pretty much have a full head of hair.

Or have you been in contact with him recently to inform him of how its gone and he has offered to help out?
    He knows i've had little to no growth, but wants me to wait until the 12 month mark before a review. He hinted at re-doing my procedure, but i won't be accepting another procedure from him.

Chin up Folly. It was nice to meet you and you have got a good head of hair so just try take your time regards to moving forward.
    Best
    s
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.