+ Reply to Thread

Default Fin in liquid form?

Hi, I just went to see a local doc about my hair loss, and we talked about the surgical treatments, but he said that my hair wuld stil continue to thin. I said, fine, what do we do about that, and he prescribed me a kind of homeade remedy (that I got at the pharmacy downstairs) that was 6% minox, 10% of something else (it was a penetrating agent.....apparently, it's the vehicle that gets the medicine into your skin) and 0.3 mg of fin. I am a little skeptical, because I think he makes money personally on it (all his Rx slips had the prescription printed on them already...he merely wrote my name on it, which leads me to believe that's all he ever presribes) but I guess I'm wondering if Fin in liquid form taken locally would be effective at all. He said you don't get any of the sides as taking it in pill form.

Interesting. Your encounter with your local doctor sounds exactly like the visit I had with my first dermatologist. He had his own "home made" concoction of minoxidil, finasteride, etc. that was to be applied topically. He even said the same thing (no propecia side effects, etc.) as your doctor is saying. It was expensive but he sweared that it would help. I guess when you're desperate to halt or improve your hair loss, money isn't an issue. Can't say if his "potion" was similar to your doctor's brew but after trying it for six months, without any result what-so-ever, I gave it up. Bottomline: I don't know whether finasteride can be made into an effective liquid form and then applied topically. I can only relate it with my experience and tell you that the liquid version didn't work. The pill form has vastly reduced my rate of hair loss (sure prayed for some regrowth though.)

Best of luck in your battle against this dreaded condition.

I'm not going to ask how much you paid but Dr. Lee's 15% Minox formula with Fin is $93 for a 3-4 month supply. It is available at www.minoxidilsolutions.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbass View Post
    I'm not going to ask how much you paid but Dr. Lee's 15% Minox formula with Fin is $93 for a 3-4 month supply. It is available at www.minoxidilsolutions.com.
    Thanks for that. Is there any evidence suggesting that Fin in topical form works though?