X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungNbald
    • Nov 2011

Too young to be bald, please HELP!

Hello,
    I'm new to this site and I'm losing here and in a desperate need of help!
    I'm 21 but I began to lose my hair about a year ago! any advice would be truly appreciated! this is really stressing me out and I've tried too many shampoos and to be honest, I don't even know what to use anymore! please help!
  • ravegrover
    • Jan 2011

cut ur hair very short. dont tease them.
    immediately start taking propecia/finastride

Comment

• Bromin
      • Nov 2011

I would read the thousands of other topics of the same nature. haha

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by YoungNbald
        I'm 21 but I began to lose my hair about a year ago! any advice would be truly appreciated!

...I've tried too many shampoos and to be honest, I don't even know what to use anymore! please help!
        The first thing you need to do is talk to a dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss.

There is no shampoo that is approved by the FDA for the treatment of hair loss.

The only products that work to treat hereditary hair loss are:

Rogaine - or generic Minoxidil.

Propecia - or generic Finasteride (for men)

Anti-androgens (for women)

Low level laser therapy

These treatments above do not work for everyone. Some people will get results from one or more of these treatments, while others will not get any results from any of these treatments. I am a firm believer in covering all the bases and attacking the problem with everything currently available and appropriate for you, but you start with talking to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

Comment

Working...