+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Default Help

Hello everyone.i am 20 years old and started to thin and loose a ot of hair.earlier i was in texas,i use to have very less hair loss but from the time i moved to san francisco my hair is going more quick.i checked with a doctor.and i saw my hair was miniaturising,so i know its genetic.
    i am currently using revivogen from almost 2 months and have not seen any positives from it. do u guys know if revivogen works at all..if not what would u guys recomend for me....

I would get on propecia. It has worked great for me. I wish I had started earlier and not listened to the scare sites.

i almost succumbed to the advertisements of revivogen. i'm sure using the product will help hair loss for some but upon trying to find solid proof of the effects of revivogen, i couldn't find anything substantial. also the doctor who promotes it doesn't have any journal articles stating any positive clinical trials.

like the previous poster said, try the FDA approved drug propecia. i also agree in not being suckered into the scare of the side effects. most people who come to forums and complain are the rare 1-2% of people with side effects and the vast majority who actually got improvements stop visiting the forums because they are already satisfied.

i just started propecia yesterday, so i will be posting some results hopefully in a month or two.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by newbald View Post
    do u guys know if revivogen works at all..if not what would u guys recomend for me....
    The only products that work to treat hereditary hair loss are:

Rogaine - or generic Minoxidil.

Propecia - or generic Finasteride (for men)

Anti-androgens (for women)

Low level laser therapy

These treatments above do not work for everyone. Some people will get results from one or more of these treatments, while others will not get any results from any of these treatments. I am a firm believer in covering all the bases and attacking the problem with everything currently available and appropriate for you. I am not a believer in those over priced bottles of empty promises such as Revivogen, Nioxin, Provillus, Avacor, ScalpMED etc...

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I have had many patients tell me they tried the product you mentioned and not a single one told me they had any positve results after using it. You may want to consider a prescription that has been shown to help in a high percentage of patients.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thanks fro the valuable suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The only products that work to treat hereditary hair loss are:

Rogaine - or generic Minoxidil.

Propecia - or generic Finasteride (for men)

Anti-androgens (for women)

Low level laser therapy

These treatments above do not work for everyone. Some people will get results from one or more of these treatments, while others will not get any results from any of these treatments. I am a firm believer in covering all the bases and attacking the problem with everything currently available and appropriate for you. I am not a believer in those over priced bottles of empty promises such as Revivogen, Nioxin, Provillus, Avacor, ScalpMED etc...
    Dont forget to add TRX2 to the list of non productive scam 'products'.

I am not a believer in those over priced bottles of empty promises such as Revivogen, Nioxin, Provillus, Avacor, ScalpMED, TRX2, Promox, Remox, etc...

There might just be too many to name...

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Many of these product are very similar and may just have one or two different ingredients to make it a little different.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile