+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Taking action at 26

Hello everyone,

I just recently came back from the doctors with a prescription of propecia and wanted to log my treatments somewhere, so I decided to join these forums.

I started noticing hair loss when I was 24 and slight increasing hair losses after showers. Since then,I recently turned 26 and my hair loss has escalated to the point where I started noticing increased thinning and areas where my scalp was becoming visible.

I have been on minoxidil 5% for 5 weeks so far and will be starting propecia treatment starting tomorrow.

So far, I think my initial shedding period has finally decreased somewhat compared to before. One week ago, I experienced the most shedding and became really worried, but it has calmed down since then. I definitely have lost a lot of hair starting treatment with minoxidil but the recent reversal of the shedding process and the starting of propecia treatment is giving me some hope.

Wish me luck everyone!

Initial photos after 5 weeks of 5% minoxidil - I've already went through 3 bottles and working on 4th already =/ Massive dandruff problems also. I have ordered 2% nizoral from UK and it's been over a month and it still hasn't arrived >.<
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg

Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	12245   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg

Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	12246   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg

Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	12247   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg

Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	12248  

Cool hi man wish you the best

hey man im sure you're aware of all the side effects this may cause i will order propecia from a good trustable website which is a lot cheaper and somebody in another forums has proven its authencity by sending them pills to the lab and check for the composition.

anyways, it'd be nice if you post all your side effects and people can give you feedback about those side effects i.e. if you should stop or not etc.

i will join you and also take the pills in one month probably! maybe you should make a new post about your progress with propecia with a different tittle to attract more people to help you out...its a dangerous road...ive heard horrible stories as im sure you have.

wish u the best and gl.

Starting medication and waiting for side effects to emerge is like buying a new car and waiting for it to break down. Yes, there is a small risk, but chances are you won't have any. Personally I have been using meds for 3 years and have had no problems. Best of luck and well done for taking action. Incidentally, I would consider switching to the Rogaine Foam instead of the liquid Minoxidil. It is far easier to apply and will not leave the residue or generally cause scalp irratation.

Speak of the devil, Nizoral came in today haha. Maybe I should've made a post sooner!

Today is the fist time using the triple threat against DHT

The reason why I am using rogaine liquid is because its like 3x cheaper than foam and I use a lot of minoxidil since I use it it cover my vertex and front area. I have a lot of diffuse thinning across the top of my head. I also don't mind the extra volume I get when I wake up in the morning. It actually looks decent with medium hair.

I already know about the side effects and will try to ignore that part unless I see something vastly wrong. I have access to most journal articles and have actually done a paper/presentation on it at school, so I am highly familiar.

I'm actually buying propecia from rite aid, since it's a reliable source and since propecia has a loyalty program, it brings the cost down significantly. Hopefully after a year, the patent will expire, allowing real generic versions in the US. Although that is being hopeful... lipitor's patent got extended.. so propecia might see the same thing happen.

and thanks for the encouraging words everyone. I will definitely try to keep updates

Thumbs up

Sounds like you have a plan, good luck with your regime!

Default Nice man...

wow man very nice !!!
    Don't be like some people, here they get their hair back and never come back :P.

Right now I've ordered propecia but probably will not take it :S, im such a ***** about the side effects :S.

But still if you got no penis problems, im very happy for you and continue if everything's ok : ). Even if you look like chewbacca let us know your progress .

Well my shedding that reduced actually came back. It's been a few days of taking propecia, so maybe the shedding cycle has to restart with propecia? Ugh, I hate seeing so much hair fall out during showers.

On a side note, it seems Nizoral is taking care of my dandruff problem very well, but my head is still very itchy.

Default : (

how many hairs do you see at the shower?

I count 20-30 my temple hair loss is huge but for some reason i still have my front hairline intact.
    My propecia should be coming soon....im very scared...im always unlucky :S.

No side effects for u yet?
    Last edited by Maradona; 11-19-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: :(

Yeah, no side effects at all. It's actually weird.. if you look at up the action of propecia, it goes like this

MPH is caused by high levels of DHT. The precursor for DHT is from testosterone, the male sex hormone. People with MPH usually exhibit high DHT levels and low testosterone levels. Propecia acts to inhibit the enzyme that causes DHT formation, allowing higher levels of testosterone than what you had before because you have more of your precursor substrate.

So I think I am actually being aroused more often than usual.. I don't know, maybe it's all in my head haha.

I'm seeing around maybe 10-15 in my hands after shampoo and another 10-15 in my bathtub after toweling off. I am quite vigorous when I towel my hair though, maybe I should stop doing that...I also vigorously shampoo my hair and scratch the scalp because it's itchy as hell -_- and it's the only time I feel like I can relieve it.