Taking action at 26

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bromin
    • Nov 2011

It has been a day over 1 month on propecia 1mg and a little over 3 months on 5% minoxidil. I definitely see a noticeable difference finally! My hair is a lot thicker than before and the roots are more firm! I can brush my hair without losing copious amounts of hair and using styling gel is once again an option

Please excuse the dandruff! I just woke up and added minoxidil haha. Nizoral 2% doesn't seem to get rid of the dandruff problem for me, although I am not sure if it is dandruff or just dried minoxidil flakes. Also notice the miniature hairs coming in the area of the scalp where there was originally a balding spot!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bromin
      • Nov 2011

sorry, meant a little over 2 months on minoxidil

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

congratz man theres definitely good improvement and its very early too.

just watch out for side effects : )>.

i will start taking propecia soon my staff its in the post office since i was not there to pick it up.

still arguing about .5mg or 1mg.....

scared about side effects.

Comment

• Bromin
          • Nov 2011

update

Almost 2 months on propecia (I did forget to take it one day)

Over 3 months on Minoxidil 5% twice a day (I forgot to dd a few applications)

Not being in school destroyed my schedule so I slacked off a bit.

My hair feels better than ever and I am only losing possibly 10-20 hair from taking a shower. I also started apply minoxidil straight after showers. My dandruff problem has been getting a little bit out of control, using Nizoral 2% really seems to do nothing for me. I might try out some other dandruff shampoo options, I have been using dove shampoo and conditioner since the beginning of the treatment.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bromin
            • Nov 2011

update time!

today marks my last pill out of 90 and it is time to update!

i did lax quite a bit since my hair has gotten to a stage where i do not incessantly worry about it anymore. i get lazy sometimes and only do 1 minoxidil application per day and there were a few times where I forgot to take the pill until 9 hrs later than i was supposed to take.

my hair feels absolutely amazing now. these pictures I am about to post really does it injustice. my hair is strong enough where i can use wax once again without losing copious amounts of hair due to the stress i put on it.

as a side note, my eyelashes have gotten longer! they say it doesn't affect other parts of the body but i've never had eye lashes this long before.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bromin
              i did lax quite a bit since my hair has gotten to a stage where i do not incessantly worry about it anymore.
              It is great that you are feeling better about your hair. However, you want to try your best not lax, though you probably can get away with only one application of Minoxidil per day.

Comment

• ravegrover
                • Jan 2011

Bromin,

do u think minox re-grows hair in areas in front that have severe thinning/miniaturization? i'm on propecia.. thinking of adding minox but have nt seen any good before/after pics on net.

Comment

• Bromin
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ravegrover
                  Bromin,

do u think minox re-grows hair in areas in front that have severe thinning/miniaturization? i'm on propecia.. thinking of adding minox but have nt seen any good before/after pics on net.
                  Hey Ravegrover,

Minoxidil has been approved only for regrowth in the crown but that doesn't mean it doesn't work on the frontal hair. From looking at my past pictures, I would say my frontal hair has significantly increased in thickness and strength. I am not sure if I have more hair follicles like my crown area, but it has definitely improved.

However, I cannot say that it was attributed to minoxidil alone. I started with minoxidil and started on finasteride while I was still shedding from minoxidil and I really didn't see significant improvements until 3 months later. Maybe it was a combination of those two but I am not sure. My diet has become better also, which might be aiding in my fight against hair loss.

Comment

• Bromin
                    • Nov 2011

quick update

quick update - my hair for the first time when it isn't drenched in minoxidil!

Reasons why my confidence has increased so much!

I am still fighting against my bad dandruff problem. Has anyone been successful against it? I get crazy huge chunks of dandruff even RIGHT after showers, its crazy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Maradona
                      • Nov 2011

Woah Congratulations bro ! nice results !

Comment

• Bromin
                        • Nov 2011

quick update.

It's almost 9 months into my propecia prescription. I made a huge mistake of trying to stop doing minoxidil applications and it has led to a drastic amount of hair loss. I started applying minoxidil applications and I am at the shedding phase once more.

I stopped for about 2 weeks and noticed a massive amount of hair loss about a month ago. I recommend people to NOT STOP minoxidil unless you plan on going bald. Although I am not sure if the massive hair loss after stopping treatment was just a natural hair cycle or it was from stopping treatment. I didn't want to risk it. I feel my hair is back at when it started or maybe slightly worse since I am in the middle of shedding.

Comment

Working...