+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bromin View Post
    7 weeks on 5% Minoxidil, 2 weeks on finasteride 1mg

got bored of studying so doing a quick update. so far from comparing back and forth between the old photos, i really don't notice anything special besides my hair being longer.
    you havent lost much hair either it seems to me, just hold on to propecia. if youre really not experiencing major side effects, just continue and your crown(which is barely noticeable that you're losing hair there with long hair), will get dense for sure...

its just a matter of time before your crown looks better, just focus on your life and let propecia do its job. check back on 3 months from now.

if you check everyday...then u probably wont see differences because they might be so small...

relax chill man you still look good : ) !

Ok everyone, I finally caved in and bought the samson pro hair regeneration to possibly help with the application of minoxidil. I never really liked the method of using the dropper since my hair is long and I felt most of it went into my hair instead of my scalp.
    Really?.. It isn't so difficult to apply Minoxidil that you need a vibrating thingamajig... I have shoulder length hair and I don't have much trouble. The thought that I might possibly need a vibrating thingamajig has never even crossed my mind. I didn't even know anybody would bother to make such a thing until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    you havent lost much hair either it seems to me, just hold on to propecia. if youre really not experiencing major side effects, just continue and your crown(which is barely noticeable that you're losing hair there with long hair), will get dense for sure...

its just a matter of time before your crown looks better, just focus on your life and let propecia do its job. check back on 3 months from now.

if you check everyday...then u probably wont see differences because they might be so small...

relax chill man you still look good : ) !
    Haha not freaking out or anything. I've already noticed that my shedding has gone down drastically and my roots are definitely have improved! I can tell just by running my fingers through my hair. It definitely has gotten healthier.

Sad part is, i'm probably looking at my front vertex the most, where it has been known to have the least benefit. But I can only hope for the best I guess, everyone looks at the front first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Really?.. It isn't so difficult to apply Minoxidil that you need a vibrating thingamajig... I have shoulder length hair and I don't have much trouble. The thought that I might possibly need a vibrating thingamajig has never even crossed my mind. I didn't even know anybody would bother to make such a thing until now.
    Do you use a dropper or foam version?

I use the dropper and go through 2-3mL every application. I try to stand my hair up and put the dropper close as possible to the scalp and drag it across while releasing the minoxidil. I am not sure how efficient this method is but I generally don't have the time to part my hair with a comb and to get the best results.

What method do you use to apply the rogaine?

Do you use a dropper or foam version?
    I use both. I use men's Rogaine foam in the morning and generic liquid Minoxidil in the evening.

What method do you use to apply the rogaine?
    I follow the directions provided in the package and massage it into my scalp.

The package just says to apply it on the effected area. No real directions as to how it should be applied.

No real directions as to how it should be applied.
    Drop a bit on, then massage it into your scalp. Repeat until you have applied the full correct 1ml dose. The foam is a little tricky to get the correct dose. Practice makes perfect.

Drop a bit on, then massage it into your scalp. Repeat until you have applied the full correct 1ml dose. The foam is a little tricky to get the correct dose. Practice makes perfect.
    Yeah -_- that's what I do currently. The point of the minoxidil comb thingamajib was to spray it onto your scalp without getting the minoxidil onto your hands because your hands absorb a lot of it.

...because your hands absorb a lot of it.
    Unless you've got furry paws, I don't think so.

Anyways, run cold water over your hand before you apply it.
    This is especially helpful when using the foam.

Unless you've got furry paws, I don't think so.

Anyways, run cold water over your hand before you apply it.
    This is especially helpful when using the foam.
    Your skin is actually designed to trap moisture and absorb substances. Easiest example I can give is when you eat blueberries, notice how easily your hands are stained? There are also different varieties of patches such as nicotine patches used to release chemicals into your bloodstream by contact through your skin.

The major point was, I wanted a device to help evenly spread the medicine without guestimating. I guess I didn't want lopsided results where I grew patches of hair on one side and not the other. I probably realize this wouldn't happen and one of the reasons I'm taking propecia is to lower my chances haha.

On a side-note, I have been seeing a decrease in shedding and am almost down to around maybe 10 hair on my hands when I shampoo and only around 10 on the floor toweling off (completely estimated figures, I've been becoming less scrutinizing). Majority of the hairs that have been shedding seems to be baby hairs, not sure whether that is good or bad, but I am guessing they are the hairs that will regrow stronger.

I also started taking biotin, but I am not sure if I can keep up with the 3 gigantic pills daily.