+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

On second thought, after another shower. I think I'm convinced the hair falling out in the shower are actually the hair that minoxidil didn't get a chance to work on. Most of them are very short and thick, so I am guessing it was the hair where roots were thinning that propecia is working on.

So it would make sense that these hair would fall out.

Default Nice to hear that :)

very nice to hear that, happy for you. No side effects is nice, now you can get all your hair back and live a nice normal life.

On a side note, i have canceled my order of propecia. I only have huge temple loss on both sides still i know im going bald but i don't think ill go that bald.

anyways i chickened out after reading so many horror stories of the people taking the drug, i only found like 2 or 3 dudes online with no side effects for +8 years. I didn't even go check the page from propeciahelp for the side effects since those might be the .2%.

Anyways really wish you good luck and maybe ill use propecia next year and keep us posted of your progress maybe you'll convince me use it ^_^ later.

Im such a *****....hahaha.

Hah, only a few cases... really? I think I've read more than a few people already with good results with propecia with no side effects.

Go to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

and type in "Propecia side effects"

these are true clinical tests/studies that scientists have performed and will show you the REAL results. Not some biased idiot complaining about the hells of his life or hysteria about pharmaceutical companies.

If those don't give you confidence, which almost all experiments use some of these data in one way or another, I don't know what else would.

yeah i know all those studies and the one from japan is more amazing. im very depressed right now as I was hoping propecia would keep my hair the way it is...but i dont know man...it's too risky brain fog? ed?

ill probably order but this time with a prescription after seeing a doctor.

or maybe i can get a hair transplant later on...

btw, no mean to disrespect man im really happy that you have no side effects kind of gives hope...maybe ill order after this year but right now i have to asses more things you know have the knowledge that you have...as i dont think i have much.

anyways good luck and hope you get no side effects at all man. and youll get your hair back don't stress about it, propecia really works : ).

I finally noticed something that I haven't seen in a long time.

Every time I go get a haircut, I ask the stylist to match the rest of my hair to the front of my hair because my initial losses were my bangs. My bangs never grew past my eyebrows and if they did, they were very staggered and thin.

I noticed my hair this morning and I actually have quite a bit of hairs passing my eyebrows. Definitely elated me a little bit and felt like the medications were working in giving me healthier and stronger roots in the front of my hair.

The diligent application of minoxidil seems to be paying off

I still don't really notice any hairs growing in my crown area however. It actually seems thinner haha. I'll try to upload some pics in a couple weeks to give a 1 month review.

On a side note, I ordered the Samson Pro Rechargeable Comb Massager. Since I couldn't see any reviews on tools that help with minoxidil application, I decided to take a plunge and try one of these tools out. Will give an update on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromin View Post
    I still don't really notice any hairs growing in my crown area however. It actually seems thinner haha.
    That's pretty ironic. I'm guessing it's because the hair on your crown had miniaturized more than the hair around your hairline. It will probably take a little more time for you to see results on your crown because the hair has to shed more to produce the original strength that it once was. Made sense in my head anyways.

Red face Im back

So I ordered the propecia again :P, just didn't feel good doing nothing...it should be here in 15 days.

I read more documentation and apparently the occurrence of PERMANENT side effects is very low.

How are you doing man, we should keep track of each other in this post for this long and at least for me, scary, road.

Are you taking the full dose, maybe we should try the .5mg dose for a while to check for side effects : ), then dose it up to 1mg.

Default Samson Pro Hair Regeneration REVIEW

Ok everyone, I finally caved in and bought the samson pro hair regeneration to possibly help with the application of minoxidil. I never really liked the method of using the dropper since my hair is long and I felt most of it went into my hair instead of my scalp. Parting my hair and applying it one stream at a time took too long so I usually just tried to stand my hair up and put the dropper closest to my scalp and started dropping it in strands all over.

I cost me $59.95 + shipping from gravity defyers. At first, it seemed like a decent set and I was extremely hopeful in helping with the application of minoxidil. I plugged it up and waited for it to recharge.

1) After 6 hours, I tried putting minoxidil into the reservoir and instantly noticed something wrong... minoxidil was seeping out of the prongs without any pressure what so ever. It is extremely inconvenient since the reservoir entry is at the top.

2) Second thing was, that upon pushing the on switch, the damn thing didn't vibrate at all. I wasn't sure if the applicator was defective or it was meant to do "micro" vibrations where you couldn't feel it. But one thing was for sure, the damn light was on and the handle was heating up.

3) Also, it's impossible to tell how much minoxidil your using. The tank can hold up to 10 mL of minoxidil. Even if you were to only put in 1 mL, it's not enough for it to go through all the holes since the reservoir is 10 mL. So you actually end up wasting minoxidil.

So in conclusion, it was a bitter departure but I had to send it back to the company. I had high hopes but I guess I will be using the dropper until something else comes out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	12373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	12374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0251.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	12375  

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    So I ordered the propecia again :P, just didn't feel good doing nothing...it should be here in 15 days.

I read more documentation and apparently the occurrence of PERMANENT side effects is very low.

How are you doing man, we should keep track of each other in this post for this long and at least for me, scary, road.

Are you taking the full dose, maybe we should try the .5mg dose for a while to check for side effects : ), then dose it up to 1mg.
    I have actually been taking the full 1mg dose for over a week now. So far zero side effects and have been noticing succeeding less hair shedding throughout the week. I am definitely having positive effects from taking propecia

Also, you can get a coupon for propecia off their official website if your paying out of pocket. It reduced the pill cost down to $2/day for me. Obviously getting it from internet might be cheaper, but I wouldn't risk it. Especially since we are dealing with hormones.

Default Picture update!

7 weeks on 5% Minoxidil, 2 weeks on finasteride 1mg

got bored of studying so doing a quick update. so far from comparing back and forth between the old photos, i really don't notice anything special besides my hair being longer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg

Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	12490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg

Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	12491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0308.jpg

Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	12492   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0315.jpg

Size:	45.5 KB