+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Here is an update from the Gho HSI patient with scarring alopecia who had 700 Grafts planted

http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/9/...%20029.JPG

Its after 5 weeks or so.

The funny thing is, that you can clearly see 2 hair grafts, plenty of them. I only mention this bcause people alwas come up with this story

"Gho is plitting hairs which means he took a 2 graft follicle and extracts one hair which he plants and one remains in the donor"

Bla bla adda yadda, if this would be the case, then this scarring alopecia guy had A LOT OF three or four Graft follicles, which we all know are pretty damn rare.

Also you can see some tiny hairs sprouting, but that doenst interest me, i was only looking for the two graft follicles which grow there.

Yeah i know it sucks that no one els offers HSt except Gho, i pretty much know this and its pissing me off too.

PS: You know what pisses me of the most, when everytime you have to debunk stupid questions and accusations from other users regarding Gho, like this whole hair splitting thing.

Tracy i hope this will help you somehow

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    people on this website, and others, are more interested in "non-invasive"-genetically-mutating shots possibly
    Where do you get this idea from that the cellular multiplication treatments that are going through trials are about mutating your genes? Multiplying cells does not equal mutating genes.

The problem with Gho (and I want to believe him) and something like Acell is that even though their findings have been submitted to peer reviewed papers, they still are relying on what is largerly anecdotal evidence, instead of going through a trial study that is controlled and double-blinded.

Yes, no reports of complaints and lawsuits is a good sign (and a submission in a peer-reviewed paper helps things to an extent), but that doesn't mean that there is now completely concrete evidence that Gho's procedure gives the results he claims it can give.

But like I said, I hope it works because it means the field of hair-tranplants, a field that quite frankly is in serious need of progression, has now improved.

I think we DO have enough evidence -on paper and real examples of real people- on Gho's success but it's always nice to have reassurance from other doctors in the field. Not that the lack of that means Gho's method isn't viable but like I said it just would give us more reassurance. People are usually wary of new things.
    I myself believe Gho is legit. I'd say I have 95% faith what he's doing is real but I only need that 5% before I commit to spending the money because for me money IS an issue as I don't make much of it at all. If I had a good steady job and money wasn't an issue I'd go for it even if it were a 50/50 thing that Gho is real. So for me it's the expense that's holding me back -and also the travelling and all other expenses required- but I still do intend on giving it a go eventually. The other thing is that I'm cursed with the possibility that I might lose all my transplanted hair and that's why it is especially hard for me to sacrifice $6000 or 7000 knowing it might go in waste.

I SWEAR TO GOD IF I HAD THE MONEY I'D PAY FOR SOMEONE TO GO THERE, GET AN HT, AND DOCUMENT THE WHOLE PROCESS AND PUT AN END TO THIS. I'm a philanthropist but I'm a poor one. Well, it's the thought that matters. But yeah, I wish I were in a position where I could do something to help.
    But anyway, this is ridiculous. Like I said, there is NO damn reason why we still don't have a 1000% definite answer to this Gho debate thing.

Richard are you also Stevie D, haven't seen you at the other forum for a while. As you know I put an update, just wanted to correct you that it has been 8 weeks, not 5 weeks. I'm still happy with the result so far though. I actually thought I might have lost all of the hairs by now.

Cheers

I assume the limit of (if anything) Dr Gho's discovery may just be a "perfected" hair transplant technique or something?

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    But anyway, this is ridiculous. Like I said, there is NO damn reason why we still don't have a 1000% definite answer to this Gho debate thing.
    There is one reason: if it is in fact legit who the hell would go for a traditional FUT or FUE. Now I can't say if it's real or not but that is definitely something to consider. If it is real why would the other docs go "yeah it is really working and you should go to Gho rather than let me ravage your donor with a good old smiley scar." You could say that they have a moral and ethical obligation but that would be naive thinking that this is the case in this industry. The docs are in this industry for the $$$.

I should think it is legitimate seeing as how open Dr. Gho is with the procedure, offering to demonstrate for other doctors.

Man I hate this industry, the wild west indeed.

Hey guys,

Could someone please post the link to where gho says he will train other docs?

Also - isn't his technique patented? Or Ghos technique can't be patented just like you can't patent fue?

I have my procedure date with Gho in MAY 2012. There is a lot of demand and he is given date for December 2012. I think something good is doing.
    Recently saw the Dean Saunders procedure and this is a good sign. He is a NW6 and Gho is doing a good hairline, he will use the hair very short and the donor area must to be ok if really are donor regenaration, and he will do another 2 or 3 treatments.
    I hope everything will be ok....the only cons that i find is the High price!!
    Wait for your pictures.
    Bye!!

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    There is one reason: if it is in fact legit who the hell would go for a traditional FUT or FUE. Now I can't say if it's real or not but that is definitely something to consider. If it is real why would the other docs go "yeah it is really working and you should go to Gho rather than let me ravage your donor with a good old smiley scar." You could say that they have a moral and ethical obligation but that would be naive thinking that this is the case in this industry. The docs are in this industry for the $$$.

I should think it is legitimate seeing as how open Dr. Gho is with the procedure, offering to demonstrate for other doctors.

Man I hate this industry, the wild west indeed.
    Do you know the percentage of people who don't know crap about anything in this industry ? Pretty much the majority of people -and even some so-called doctors- don't know much and whatever little stuff they know comes from hearsay. A lot of people have never heard of Dr. Gho. A lot of people haven't heard of any of the well-known doctors out there and that's why they end up in some butcher's chair. I've been on many hair loss sites and only recently did Dr.Gho come to my attention. I had no clue who he was or what all the debate was about. I say this and like I said I've been on these sites for some years now and I have a bunch of HTs behind me. Every now and then I see people who don't even know what a hair transplant is or at least how it's done. My own brother had no clue how HT is done. He thought doctors put hair from other people's heads into your own scalp! He actually used to think there were clinics that could REGROW hair and give a bald guy a full head of hair ! I'm just saying this to say that the only or the main reason why people aren't going to Gho is most likely because they have never heard of him. It's the same reason why some people in this day and age still get punch grafts at the hands of some butchers who claim to be HT doctors. The same reason why people spend billions of $$ on snake oils thinking that they actually work. So again, it's the lack of knowledge.
    People are still getting FUTs even though they (FUTs) seem on their way out-hopefully. I'm sure some people still haven't heard of FUEs and that's why the only thing these people would do if they decide they want an HT is to do an FUT.

But seriously, do you really expect HT doctors to tell you to go to Gho since their own method is outdated now ? Dude, that would NEVER happen. Ethics are the last thing on most HT doctors' minds especially that HT is an elective surgery and has nothing to do with one's health. Most of these doctors are more than happy to take your money and that's all they care about. The problem with HT doctors -except for a few who actually try to research and invent and improve on the current HT methods- is that the way they see it, if your dough machine ain't broke don't fix it. So, as long as their dough machine is making them dough and people are willing -because of the lack of knowledge- to pay these doctors, they will never bother to learn about any new technology let alone pay $50000 to learn it.

Hopefully soon this will be behind us and Gho's -once it's proven 100%- becomes the standard but even then I guarantee you many people will still be getting FUTs not knowing that there's something better out there.

To be honest the only reason I went to Gho to begin with was for the donor regrowth. Having limited donor meant that this was my best hope.

But now, after the experience and assuming I get the results I'm hoping for, I will definitely be going there again. The whole thing was a breeze to be honest, I've felt more pain getting my blood taken, but I think that has more to do with how far FUE has come.

Best of luck to you damielmillo, how many are you having done. I hope you take plenty of before and after photos including your donor.