+ Reply to Thread

Default How bad is it getting (lots of pics)

Hi I have posted on this before a few years back im just wondering how bad is this getting? I have no regime I have never took any meds although I have thought about it everyday but never plucked up the courage sadly heres my pics

the first 6 were taken just now with towel dry hair the others 5 months ago the last one was taken in 2009.I just got out the shower and withmy hair soaking wet it looked awful at the hairful to the point were if i went swimming people who know im balding.

I grow it kinda long so im sure it would look so much worse short and reveal how bad it is, i feel like i have been balding since I was 18 always shedding loads, I always have.I am now 29 and a half years old my brother who is 3 years older than me had a badly receding hairline but everything looks fine otheriwse I dont know if he is on meds tho never asked him.

I suffer anxiety and panic attacks so propecia would mess me up in the head even more I think and Minox worried me because the shed would speed up my hairloss and I wouldnt handle that very well.I am hoping one day I can get a transplant but maybe thats a dream since I have no money

anyone any thought be gratefully appreciated thanks

please excuse my english

Your hairloss still isn't that bad. If I were you I would use Nizoral 3X a week and use dermmatch to disguise the baldness. The worst aspect about hair loss is when the hair goes thin, where you think you have hair, but under lighting conditions people start staring at your see through scalp. As for HT, they are expense. I consulted Hasson & Wong and they are quoting $16000 for 4000 grafts. I hate debt, and I am not going to trade my cosmetic issue with a financial issue. Therefore, I am considering getting a HT in India where they charge a $1 per graft. However, what's stopping me right now is work. Once I can book a vacation, I will get a HT.

As for HTs, people get who are bald actually aim for your level of coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    If I were you I would use Nizoral 3X a week and use dermmatch to disguise the baldness.
    Three times per week is much too often to use Nizoral. Nizoral 2% should only be used once per week unless specifically directed by a doctor to use it more often. You can use the 1% version twice per week, once every three or four days.

Nizoral is a great medicated shampoo that helps a lot of people, but over using Nizoral does more harm than good. Don't over use it.

Hey fabio your hair loss looks very similar to my own. Except, I maybe a bit worse off. A HT isn't a bad option if you have the money. Just make sure you chose the right doctor...money or travel shouldn't be a factor when it comes to your choice of physician.

I know there are payment plans for hair transplants. Maybe thats something you want to look into?

Good luck and know that your not alone. Everyone on this site suffers from the same problem.

It doesn't look bad at all. A solid NW3 or thereabouts. At close to age 30 this isn't a terrible place to be, and if you've been losing hair since 18 then you're lucky it hasn't progressed further by now.

You've got thick enough hair that you could easily style it to reduce the appearance of a receded hairline and maybe hide it totally.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I think your hair is good for your age and i didn't see any changes by time on the photos. And thank God that you have enough thick hair to cover what you think is receding, i wished i had my hair just like yours, btw i am 22 y old

thanks you for the replys every body

I dont know if i should start regaine because its my hairline that needs it most right now and its now proven for use on the hairline is it? I have alot of peach fuzz at the front i think it wont be long till i can no longer hide my bad hairline

but the only think stopping me is the thought it may speed up my hairloss and not give me results

i would rather go bald slowly if it is inevitable

Thing about rogaine is that you HAVE to continually use it forever. I would start rogaine and test yourself out for a week to see if it's a commitment you are willing to make. Many people can't stand having your hair be oily/messy for 8 hours a day at least.

If your hair shedding increases after a couple weeks, most people actually look at it as a sign that the treatment is working, thus should be used for at least 6 more months to see the true effects.

I myself just recently passed the "extreme shedding" period and made me feel extremely happy to notice less hair in the tub after taking showers or less hair on my pillow when I wake up in the morning. And this is after 5 weeks of 2x per day religiously.

A lot of people face issues with rogaine when they continually go on and off of treatment, which puts a lot of stress on your hair. TBH I think the best possible thing for people experiencing hair loss is to stop thinking about it, which is extremely hard. The extra stress affects your hair loss more than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromin View Post
    Many people can't stand having your hair be oily/messy for 8 hours a day at least.
    You don't have that problem with Rogaine foam. That is why so many women use men's Rogain foam in the mornings.

yes i have heard the foam is better i have long hair will it be hard to apply because of this i really dont want to cut it off as it will make it obvious im balding

I am so indecisive I really want to do somthing about my hairloss but keep putting it off by convincing myself one day it isnt that bad and the next feeling depressed and checking my hairline constantly thinking how ugly i will look with a bald head especially as my ears stick out i might even get them pinned back before i lose my hair at least that will help