+ Reply to Thread

Default One big delusion

There is an opinion that its easier (both physicly and mental) for good looking guy (with proper face detalis) to loss his hair since he will still be quite attractive.
    Well, that is just not true. If we take a look at all of the aspects, then its obvious why.

1. The mental aspect:
    Good looking guys are more vain then average looking guys. That is perfectly normal and natural. They see their good look as a effective tool and thing that puts them above the average. They rely and feel sure about their good look.
    When they suffer hair loss, they are lossing that big, important advantage. It cant be same like when average or lower then average guy loss his hair. His looks werent his major weapon it first place! Is its same foor soccer player to have problem with legs, as it should be for oridinary person?

2. The physical aspet:
    For an average looking guy hair loss isnt big problem like it is for an excellent looking guys (i guess there is a stigma that they never suffer hairloss )
    Why? Couse average looking guy couldnt have excellent girl even in time he was full of hair! Average girls he just to date are not PICKY, at least not so much. So he only have to adjust a little bit.
    But very good looking guy is used to sleep with great chiks. And that girl category IS PICKY, very much. So the adjustment he has to make is a lot bigger - he dropped in average category.

Um. The way I see it, hair is a person's way of contextualizing one's features, however symmetrical or unsymmetrical. While it's on our heads, hair is more or less the only feature we're born with we can decide anything about. To lose that small piece of genetic autonomy? I'd say that's what makes it terrible for anybody suffering androgenetic alopecia. We're all already in a fairly undesirable position - why make such pains to divide us further? Forgive me for saying so, but this kind of exploration doesn't seem particularly relevant, or sensitive, to the rest of the people on this forum, or in the world at large.

It's been said before that for someone who's handsome hair loss is more devastating than for someone who's average looking or that average looking people don't care much about losing their hair but I don't think that's the case, at least not always. I'm sure all of the people on this site aren't handsome male models or anything, but we seem to be really concerned about our hair loss problem or we wouldn't be spending hours here every week and we wouldn't be spending our money on drugs and thousands on HTs.... Some people are confident about the way they look even though they might be average or even below average looking people but once they start losing their hair they lose that confidence and they'd try to do whatever they can to get their hair back so they can look their best again being average.

So, I'm not really sure good looking people are worse hit (psychologically) by hair loss than average looking people but I know there can be some truth to it in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by gascoigne View Post
    There is an opinion that its easier (both physicly and mental) for good looking guy (with proper face detalis) to loss his hair since he will still be quite attractive.
    Well, that is just not true. If we take a look at all of the aspects, then its obvious why.

1. The mental aspect:
    Good looking guys are more vain then average looking guys. That is perfectly normal and natural. They see their good look as a effective tool and thing that puts them above the average. They rely and feel sure about their good look.
    When they suffer hair loss, they are lossing that big, important advantage. It cant be same like when average or lower then average guy loss his hair. His looks werent his major weapon it first place! Is its same foor soccer player to have problem with legs, as it should be for oridinary person?

2. The physical aspet:
    For an average looking guy hair loss isnt big problem like it is for an excellent looking guys (i guess there is a stigma that they never suffer hairloss )
    Why? Couse average looking guy couldnt have excellent girl even in time he was full of hair! Average girls he just to date are not PICKY, at least not so much. So he only have to adjust a little bit.
    But very good looking guy is used to sleep with great chiks. And that girl category IS PICKY, very much. So the adjustment he has to make is a lot bigger - he dropped in average category.
    This is one of the most IGNORANT and SUPERFICIAL statements I've ever heard. You must be a really sad person if those are an actual expression of your thoughts.

First of all, your first paragraph doesn't make any sense. You're relying on the argument that hair loss makes you less attractive to prove that hair loss makes you less attractive. It's a circular argument my friend - and as such, it is worthless. The point is, if you have good facial features, the lack of hair may or may not make you less attractive. I personally know 2 or 3 guys who have been doing much better with girls and been looking much better since they started buzzing their heads.

Secondly, your assumption that you need to be an excellent looking guy to pull a good looking girl is pathetic. Granted, if we're talking about bloody superficial morons, then yes, they wouldn't go for average looking people of the opposite sex. But I personally would never even want to be close to someone that superficial. If she's half smart or at least has a decent viewpoint at life, trust me, your personality, confidence, sense of humor, social status, etc will play a much bigger role than your looks. I speak from experience, both mine and of those around me.

Stop watching ****in hollywood teenage movies and bloody grow up.

Forgive me, But I do not agree with this post. At all.
    Not for a second.
    We are all human.
    And it is devastating for ANYONE to lose hair.
    Regardless of how you THINK someone is feeling.

Thumbs down

Who cares what ya think. Loosing hair is sad, especially when u lived most your life with a full head.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    It's been said before that for someone who's handsome hair loss is more devastating than for someone who's average looking or that average looking people don't care much about losing their hair but I don't think that's the case, at least not always. I'm sure all of the people on this site aren't handsome male models or anything, but we seem to be really concerned about our hair loss problem or we wouldn't be spending hours here every week and we wouldn't be spending our money on drugs and thousands on HTs.... Some people are confident about the way they look even though they might be average or even below average looking people but once they start losing their hair they lose that confidence and they'd try to do whatever they can to get their hair back so they can look their best again being average.

So, I'm not really sure good looking people are worse hit (psychologically) by hair loss than average looking people but I know there can be some truth to it in a way.
    Trust me, its definetly the truth! I know from my expirience. What for should average or less looking guy be vain for ???
    And we agree that hair loss is matter of vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    This is one of the most IGNORANT and SUPERFICIAL statements I've ever heard. You must be a really sad person if those are an actual expression of your thoughts.

First of all, your first paragraph doesn't make any sense. You're relying on the argument that hair loss makes you less attractive to prove that hair loss makes you less attractive. It's a circular argument my friend - and as such, it is worthless. The point is, if you have good facial features, the lack of hair may or may not make you less attractive. I personally know 2 or 3 guys who have been doing much better with girls and been looking much better since they started buzzing their heads.

Secondly, your assumption that you need to be an excellent looking guy to pull a good looking girl is pathetic. Granted, if we're talking about bloody superficial morons, then yes, they wouldn't go for average looking people of the opposite sex. But I personally would never even want to be close to someone that superficial. If she's half smart or at least has a decent viewpoint at life, trust me, your personality, confidence, sense of humor, social status, etc will play a much bigger role than your looks. I speak from experience, both mine and of those around me.

Stop watching ****in hollywood teenage movies and bloody grow up.
    I am sorry but you are not beeing realistic.
    Trust me, its definetly the truth! I know from my expirience. What for should average or less looking guy be vain for ???
    And we agree that hair loss is matter of vanity.
    I know 3 of my friends who are going bald - and they dont give a shit!!! Couse they are 3-5/10 looking guys.
    What MAJOR difference for them is hair loss making? I see them going out with same girls they did 5 years ago when thay had full head of hair.

I personally think that hair loss is absolutely devastating for anybody, whether they were previously good-looking or not. To determine whether a person is 'good-looking' is very subjective, some people think certain people are good-looking, while other people say they are not good-looking. However, just about anyone can agree that a full head of hair looks better than being bald virtually every time. And having a full head of hair helps a person to an enormous degree with regards to their looks. An average-looking person can look great if they have a full head of hair. I am no Tom Cruise by any stretch of the imagination, yet I had so much more confidence and enthusiasm for life when I had a full head of hair. I never looked like a male model or anything like that, but I was not ugly, and I always tried to attract hot looking women when I had my full head of hair. And even if some one is not considered good-looking (which is so subjective anyway), they can do so many things to improve their facial features (everything from botox to plastic surgery, yet with regards to hair loss, there really isn't much we can do with the shitty options that we currently have. Bottom line is that hair loss is absolutely devastating for anyone that unfortunately experiences it. We really need a cure for this shit and soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I personally think that hair loss is absolutely devastating for anybody, whether they were previously good-looking or not. To determine whether a person is 'good-looking' is very subjective, some people think certain people are good-looking, while other people say they are not good-looking. However, just about anyone can agree that a full head of hair looks better than being bald virtually every time. And having a full head of hair helps a person to an enormous degree with regards to their looks. An average-looking person can look great if they have a full head of hair. I am no Tom Cruise by any stretch of the imagination, yet I had so much more confidence and enthusiasm for life when I had a full head of hair. I never looked like a male model or anything like that, but I was not ugly, and I always tried to attract hot looking women when I had my full head of hair. And even if some one is not considered good-looking (which is so subjective anyway), they can do so many things to improve their facial features (everything from botox to plastic surgery, yet with regards to hair loss, there really isn't much we can do with the shitty options that we currently have. Bottom line is that hair loss is absolutely devastating for anyone that unfortunately experiences it. We really need a cure for this shit and soon!
    Its painful, but not SAME on everyone!
    I have 3 friends who dont give a damn about their hair loss!
    Why didn you read my topic with attention.