X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hannibal
    • Nov 2011

severe hair loss at 22 ! is it normal ?

Hi, everyone,
    I just turned 22 and I've been loosing hair really bad for the last year an a half , is it normal for somebody in my age? my father started loosing hair in his mid 30's, and my mother have a full thick hair, and i don't know any relatives who have hair loss around my age ! and when i visited a dermatologist , he said that i have MPB just by looking at me ( no tests or questions) and he prescribed me Propecia which i don't want to take.
    pic attached thanks,
    Attached Files
  • Hannibal
    • Nov 2011

by the way my hairline still perfect ,

Comment

• wylie
      • Sep 2011

You should get on Rogaine for a year and see if it stabilizes or if any regrowth occurs. If you want a professional opinion in Chicago I recommend you visit Dr. Konior.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Hannibal
        ...is it normal for somebody in my age?
        Your age does not matter. If you have a family history of hereditary hair loss, you can start losing hair any time after puberty. It's a totally terrible thing, but it is what it is. I have a cousin who was horse shoe bald before he was 20 years old.

If you want to do something about it, get yourself to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. At your age you are in a good position to be able to arrest it and possibly grow some of it back.

Comment

• crowningglory
          Inactive
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Hannibal
          Hi, everyone,
          I just turned 22 and I've been loosing hair really bad for the last year an a half , is it normal for somebody in my age? my father started loosing hair in his mid 30's, and my mother have a full thick hair, and i don't know any relatives who have hair loss around my age ! and when i visited a dermatologist , he said that i have MPB just by looking at me ( no tests or questions) and he prescribed me Propecia which i don't want to take.
          pic attached thanks,
          Hannibal. It certainly makes sense to get a trichological test before diagnosing MPB. However, at the first look it certainly looks like. I do not suggest the usage of finasteride - really the sideeffects (errection problems etc.)are not worth taking it. And even if you don't experience sideeffects you can't be sure about the long-term risks (cancer etc.). For me finasteride anyway didn't worked and I quit after 3 years of usinng it. i highly recommend trx2 - i'm on it since 10 month with amazing results (however, beware that not everybody is having those results and expenses can add up- look at the trx2 thread). You may want to combine trx2 with 5% minoxidil as a topical. This should add up as a rock solid treatment regimen - in my experience the best what you can do at this time.

Comment

• Hannibal
            • Nov 2011

Thanks, everybody, and I forgot to mention that I' m loosing a lots of hair on my chest as well ,

Comment

• Morgan137
              • Nov 2011

Yes it is

Hi everyone, I am new on this forum. Before I read posts here for about several months and decided to join. My hairloss story is I think typical. I started to lose my hair when i was only 16, now i am 22, and i think i am nearly norwood 2.5 - 3. Nobody of my nearest and far relatives had or has hairloss except my father lost his hair on the crown when he was 35 - 36 years. I am from asia, and like you guys (i think you must be happy) there is not any hair transplant clinics, trichologs or even nobody knows about drug propecia. I decided to start to use propecia and ordered generic one from usa. Guess will help me, will be posting you about results

Comment

Working...