+ Reply to Thread

Default Fake Hair Implants

I'm tired of waiting for HST refinement and genetically mutating chemical shots....

its time we make a fake hair that the body wont reject and just implant it... get some specially sized clippers for what real hair is left and forever have a buzz cut

they are sticking all kinds of foreign shit inside people. why can't they hang some fibers out of my scalp. It could be easy to pull off and maintain as a buzz cut

Well I don't know how much this appeals to you but I've been thinking of getting a good FUE transplant to my front 3rd and make a great hairline back to the midscalp and (assuming I need it) wearing a high quality piece for the crown. Movie stars do it all the time you can't even tell and people on this site even boast of their great results. And plus your saving money on grafts

What you ask for is actually outlawed and banned in most developed countries. Why? Because it is considered to be brutally invasive and presents chronic infections that eventually cause massive scarring. Once inserted, these fibrous hairs remain anchored with a tiny hook. This causes inflammation and welcomes infection which causes even more inflammation. Then anti-biotics must be prescribed on a constant basis. With continued efforts by the body to reject this foreign substance scar tissue eventually forms and depending on the area of coverage the entire recipient scalp will become one sheet of scar tissue. You think hair loss sucks now? Try wearing a scar helmet. I've seen it, we've worked on it, it's not pretty.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Is this one that you guys are talking about?
    http://www.crownclinic.com.au/nido_implant

Although I have to say that I have PMMA (poly methyl methacrylate) implants in my face(!), it's a foreign substance, and they're absolutely fine.

Let me explain: they're used to rise some deep "ice pick" holes left by acne scarring in my teen years. They work quite well, I've done the procedure in 2008 and there are no complications at all.

Probably it's "apples and oranges", this must have some fundamental difference, but still, they're a foreign substance living in absolute peace with my body for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntz View Post
    Is this one that you guys are talking about?
    http://www.crownclinic.com.au/nido_implant

Although I have to say that I have PMMA (poly methyl methacrylate) implants in my face(!), it's a foreign substance, and they're absolutely fine.

Let me explain: they're used to rise some deep "ice pick" holes left by acne scarring in my teen years. They work quite well, I've done the procedure in 2008 and there are no complications at all.

Probably it's "apples and oranges", this must have some fundamental difference, but still, they're a foreign substance living in absolute peace with my body for years.

cool, lets make fake hair out of poly methyl methacrylate and call it a day

Not kidding, check this:

"PMMA has a good degree of compatibility with human tissue, and can be used for replacement intraocular lenses in the eye when the original lens has been removed in the treatment of cataracts. This compatibility was discovered in WWII RAF pilots, whose eyes had been riddled with PMMA splinters coming from the side windows of their Supermarine Spitfire fighters – the plastic scarcely caused any rejection, compared to glass splinters coming from aircraft such as the Hawker Hurricane."

^ Robert A. Meyers, "Molecular biology and biotechnology: a comprehensive desk reference", Wiley-VCH, 1995, p.722

Although probably someone else had thought of this and for some other reason it didn't worked. I doubt that this has been so overlooked.