+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Good HT surgeons in Australia?

Hi

I was wondering why there is no recomended surgeons from australia?
    Are they all incompetent ?

If anyone had any experience with surgeons from down under please let me know,

i did research and came accross a few but not sure if their skills are good enough

Thanks

If your research didn't yield Dr. Woods, you are not researching. He has lots of videos online and is the self proclaimed "inventor" of FUE and BHT. He has lots of videos and his work, especially in repair, is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    If your research didn't yield Dr. Woods, you are not researching. He has lots of videos online and is the self proclaimed "inventor" of FUE and BHT. He has lots of videos and his work, especially in repair, is very impressive.
    I came accross woods but he seems to be v expensive, he does small seshions and it cost abt 15 dollars per graft. I checked out some of his videos, yea he does good job with repair patients but his density isn't that great. I know cost shdnt matter when it comes to ht. Also why he isn't recomended doc? Is there anyone else in the region that has good reputation dr martinick,etc?

Default Aussie

I'm an Aussie (Sydney) and initially looked into National Hair Institute (FUT) & Australian Hair Institute (FUE). Neither really managed to pull off the results of the US / Canadian guys.

I actually found the cost of flying to Canada, cheap hotel room and Grafts ($4) meant it still averaged around $5/graft. Add in the fact that the Aussie dollar is better than Canada / US at the moment, so it is still a better deal than an Aussie $15/graft.

A couple of the US/CAD guys I have been impressed with include:

- Rahal
    - True & Dorin
    - Konior

You could also consider:

- Path (asia)
    - Feriduni (Belgium)

It all depends what your needs are. Each of the overseas guys has unique styles, so you can match your needs to their pattern of result.

Im sure all the mentioned docs are good , the thing is im looking for the doc that does body hair and beard hair as I have abundance of it, I like my hair buzzed, dont want to scar my scalp too much,

I dont think any of recommended docs do body and beard hair(not that I know of anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Im sure all the mentioned docs are good , the thing is im looking for the doc that does body hair and beard hair as I have abundance of it, I like my hair buzzed, dont want to scar my scalp too much,

I dont think any of recommended docs do body and beard hair(not that I know of anyway)
    If that is the case, your choices are very few. Dr. Woods in Australia is one of the best in the world at this, in the U.S. I would only consider Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, California, and there is a Dr. Bisanga in Brussels who also does good work. All of these doctors are ethical and experienced, but you will get the most for your investment with Dr. Umar, in my opinion.

If that is the case, your choices are very few. Dr. Woods in Australia is one of the best in the world at this, in the U.S. I would only consider Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, California, and there is a Dr. Bisanga in Brussels who also does good work. All of these doctors are ethical and experienced, but you will get the most for your investment with Dr. Umar, in my opinion.

i know that it limits my options significantly, but thats ok as long as im in trusted hands, doc with reputation that is to say. You mentioned these 3 doctors that are the best for that kind of work but how come none of them is recommended by IAHRS? should that be a red flag. I know there is other association called ISHRS and there are many members docs that are from Australia and also Dr Umar is listed there? Im a bit confused with these associations.

Hi didi,

I'm in the same situation as you. Did you end up getting your procedure done?

Default Dr Jennifer Martinick

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    I came accross woods but he seems to be v expensive, he does small seshions and it cost abt 15 dollars per graft. I checked out some of his videos, yea he does good job with repair patients but his density isn't that great. I know cost shdnt matter when it comes to ht. Also why he isn't recomended doc? Is there anyone else in the region that has good reputation dr martinick,etc?
    Hi there,
    Speaking from my own experience I found Dr Jennifer Martinick and her team to be awesome. From the moment I walked into the clinic to moment I left I could not have asked for a more caring and dedicated doctor. I did a lot of research about hair transplants / doctors before I chose Dr Martinick. I found there are also some clinics internationally performing transplants at a lower price than what you pay here but for me I didn't want to take the risk. At least in Australia doctors are governed by the medical board and you have options if your not happy - legally that is. Not sure if you would have this option if you were to go overseas for a procedure.
    Hope this help

Default This is y dr wood is not recommended..

I got the procedure done from Dr Wood..I spent more than 22 grand for 1500 grafts ..n the results were ok ok..as I needed way more grafts (though wood said 1500 will be enough) I started looking globally and found dr Bhatti in India with awesome reviews and 10 times cheaper than wood...5 months back I went to have the procedure with him and had 3000 grafts.. am super super happy with the results so far... I will post some pics soon.. Happy to share details if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Winston; 09-22-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Possible false and defamatory comments removed. Please refer to our posting policies.