+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I don't think this should effect anybody decision to use finasteride. The studys are out there and they consistantly show a similar side effect profile, and has been followed up to 10 years with thousands of people. Its not a Merek conspiracy, DUT shows similar %'s.

However there is no doubt some people are experiencing long term side effects after quiting the drug.

The sticking point with the legal cases is if Merek had known the potential for permanent side effects and not acted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    That is strange. I am going to call my Merck tomorrow and find out what is going on. I often tell my consultation patients to go to that site to get more information before taking Propecia.
    Dr. Charles, have you heard anything back from your contact at Merck? I registered just to ask this question since I am very worried by this. The other Merck drug pages are still active so I don't think this is some kind of fluke...

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    ...but what's up with the big ring the FDA if you have side effects bit?
    I have seen this notice on every medication I have ever read about.

Quote Originally Posted by BMT View Post
    The sticking point with the legal cases is if Merek had known the potential for permanent side effects and not acted.
    If they didn't know it before and they want to make sure they know it now, they would need to get peoples attention and ask them to report it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMT View Post
    I don't think this should effect anybody decision to use finasteride. The studys are out there and they consistantly show a similar side effect profile, and has been followed up to 10 years with thousands of people. Its not a Merek conspiracy, DUT shows similar %'s.

However there is no doubt some people are experiencing long term side effects after quiting the drug.

One thing that is relevent I think is how mental the ED side effect is....in other words, once you experience ED ON the drug, it's entirely possible that the negative feelings of that experienece (and the "trying too hard" aspect) could continue to cause ED OFF the drug, even though it's not the Fin anymore causing the effects.

I think I read somewhere that the prevalence of ED on subjects who didn't know that ED was a side was like 2%, whereas when tehy DID know that ED was a possibility it was closer to 20%. It's not hard to extrapolate that 18% of that 20% were probably not caused by the fear of ED, and not the drug itself.

This is all BS.... can you explain to me that more than 1 year off Finasteride i have no force and volume eyaculation and donīt have morning erections??
    This is mental??
    Please, Finasteride is a poison...i am 25 years old and this sh*t destroy my life
    More respect

Inactive

The redesigned Propecia.com web site is back online:

http://www.propecia.com/