+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Holymoly! This Regaine (Rogaine) shit is kickass! :-)

So today i decided to get a buzzcut ( a #1), and yes i did regret it A LOT! But now that my haid is buzzed off i can see how well rogaine has worked! I'ts my 4th month on the med, and to tell you the truth it looks like i have NEVER EVER experienced baldness! Could my young age (21) be the cause of the effectiviness of the med? Even my parents where amazed, my hair looks like when i was 16! NO SIGN OF BALDNESS! MPB go **** yourself!

I'm so damn happy i can't even describe it. The only downside is that i look like shit whit a buzzed head! :-( no honeys for me atm

My intention with this post is to let you guys know that if you are at the beginning stage of MPB (diffuse thinning) and are young then start using rogaine, it can change your life! Good luck to everyone :-)

It is well known that the younger a person is and the sooner he or he starts treatment for hair loss, the better the treatments can work. So yes, it is because you are so young and you started treatment early.

In the years to come, you will likely need more than just Minoxidil.

Nice man congrats, im 20 so im glad people my age are getting results. I agree with Tracy though that down the road you will probably need more then just minoxidil

are you using rogaine foam, minoxidil liquid, what percentage 2 or 5? I was supposed to start tomorrow on the minoxidil but ive been busy studying for 3 mid terms coming up this week i havent had a chance to buy it o well lol

I started Regaine when I was 21 and I felt the same way you do now. I remember how amazing it felt 3 months into it when my hairloss worries disappeared. It's such an incredible feeling isn't it? With the help of Regaine I had the most amazing 7 years of my life. It really saved my life. As of a year ago the stuff stopped working for me unfortunately and I'm now trying to prevent further loss with Finasteride. I have very little hair left on the top of my head and do a combined combover/combdown to try and disguise it.

But yeah, I am ecstatic with what I was able to achieve for my hair and for my life during that period.

also did you guys notice the rogaine (ramazan and kanyon) change your hairline?

Rogaine filled in areas of my scalp that were thin. By the time I got onto it I had somewhat of a receding hairline and so I didn't apply it on the bare skin up there as I understand it's not good for your skin.

But I applied it everywhere there was thin hair including my frontal hair line and thick hairs eventually grew there as well as all over my crown.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    also did you guys notice the rogaine (ramazan and kanyon) change your hairline?
    Hmm nope, nothing new here... My hair is still the same but i'm not loosing any hair anymore and i haven't been loosing any hair for like 3-4 months now. And my baldness was, as mentioned, nor visiable at all, i caught right in time :-)

PS: hmm after thinking a bit moore then my hair may have gotten darker since i started using regaine. My hair was dark brown (REALLY dark brown) but now it seems black?!

Im happy for you bro. As everyone here is looking for success it must feel nice to win a little in the battle against hair loss.

I'm glad you've had success. Couldn't you tell you'd responded well before shaving your head, though? I'm sort of surprised that you needed to buzz to a #1 before noticing.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I'm glad you've had success. Couldn't you tell you'd responded well before shaving your head, though? I'm sort of surprised that you needed to buzz to a #1 before noticing.
    It's to the fact that the first time i noticed that I was thinning was when i got myself a buzz cut (#1). Well if it was thinning, I'm still not sure if it was MPB or just the side of excessive use of Nizoral, but my doc. told me that it MIGHT be MPB, she wasen't sure. She adviced that i should use Regaine after hearing that my uncles and my father are all bald.

So after a failure haircut i decided to buzz it all off to a #1 again, and this time it was obvious that my had turned back to normal. As mentioned, i didn't show any signs of MPB or whatsoever prior to getting a buzzcut and using regaine, but i did loose a lot of hair (50-100) a day sometimes even over 100 frem the age of 17 till 19-20 (yes i did count!).