+ Reply to Thread

Default Am female living in seattle,washington wanting to get hair transplant cause i have

I have a huge forhead...am really tired of wearing bangs.can you please recommend a doctor in Seattle and also cost..and I don't want to go in for multiple surgerys I just want to do it one.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlegirl View Post
    can you please recommend a doctor in Seattle and also cost...
    http://www.hassonandwong.com/

Hasson and Wong is in your area. They seem to have a really good reputation.

How many surgeries you would need and how much it would cost is dependant on how much restoration you need to be happy with yourself. My hair loss was on the high side of moderate, almost extensive, so I needed two surgeries at 2500+ grafts each. The cost for both was over $15,000.00. The more grafts you need, the higher the cost. The less grafts you need, the lower the cost.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    http://www.hassonandwong.com/

Hasson and Wong is in your area. They seem to have a really good reputation.

How many surgeries you would need and how much it would cost is dependant on how much restoration you need to be happy with yourself. My hair loss was on the high side of moderate, almost extensive, so I needed two surgeries at 2500+ grafts each. The cost for both was over $15,000.00. The more grafts you need, the higher the cost. The less grafts you need, the lower the cost.
    Hey Tracy thank you for your response.I have another question I heard some think about shock loss?!I would be devastated if my hair fell out I have long thick hair...I certainly would not take a risk of it falling out.can you tell me anything about that???its kinds scary.Please tell me about your experience and results too .thanks

I had a lot of shock loss with my second surgery. It is devastating. Thank goodness mine is growing back.

The doctors tell me shock loss is not very common and there is no way to predict if it will happen or not - or if it will grow back. I was well aware that shock was a possibility. I hoped and prayed that it would not happen to me but it did... I survived...

I do not know how extensive your hair loss is at your hair line. That is something you will need to think about and do some soul searching on to determine if you are willing to risk shock loss to have a hair line that you will be more happy with. In my case, my hair loss was extensive enough that it was well worth the risk.

My results are excellent with respect to the amount of hair loss I had suffered. I do not have as much density as I want, but my hair looks so much better than it did before. I absolutely needed to wear wigs before. I do not need to wear a wig any more if I don't want to.

My hair is still coming out though. It has been a little over 13 months since my second surgery. I had my hair done this morning and my stylist tells me every time she does my hair she sees a little more new hair coming in than there was before. I get my hair done every six weeks. When my stylist tells me that, it helps keep my hopes up for more density.

I had been seriously considering asking my doctor for a third transplant. But with the recent news about RepliCel, I think it might be best for me to wait to see what happens with that before committing to a third surgery.

As a female who is only looking to have her hairline lowered, you are in a good position to avoid shockloss, as the hairs would be planted into bare skin and you (almost certainly) don't have the fine, weak hairs that men with male pattern baldness often have in the balding area. Planting hairs among existing, native hairs is where the risk of shockloss is highest, and those weaker hairs are the ones which are more likely to shed due to surgical trauma.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Planting hairs among existing, native hairs is where the risk of shockloss is highest, and those weaker hairs are the ones which are more likely to shed due to surgical trauma.
    I think this is what happened to me. I didn't notice any shock loss with my first transplant. My first transplant was to fill in areas that had very little hair. With my second transplant, the doctor planted among existing hair and previously transplanted hair to build up density. I had extensive shock loss with my second transplant. Thankfully, that hair seems to be growing back along with the hair that was transplanted.

I am wondering what would have happened if I had waited longer than ten months between these two hair transplant surgeries. Would I have been less likely to experience shock loss?

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    As a female who is only looking to have her hairline lowered, you are in a good position to avoid shockloss, as the hairs would be planted into bare skin and you (almost certainly) don't have the fine, weak hairs that men with male pattern baldness often have in the balding area. Planting hairs among existing, native hairs is where the risk of shockloss is highest, and those weaker hairs are the ones which are more likely to shed due to surgical trauma.
    That was exactly what was trying to find out thank you for clearing that up.thank you Tracy too!