+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I dream of the day when I could go to a street hair transplant surgeon in my country to get injections on my head and my hair would grow as thick as a cloud.I would go to the guy who keeps reminding me of my balding and say "Go **** yourself " ..No kidding

Waiting for that day, haha.

Inactive

The thing which speaks in favor for Replicel is the mouse study where they grew hair on spots, where no hairs should grew at all.

Also they had different growing rates with different types of DP cells, which shows that also ARI can be on the right track and others so

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    The thing which speaks in favor for Replicel is the mouse study where they grew hair on spots, where no hairs should grew at all.

Also they had different growing rates with different types of DP cells, which shows that also ARI can be on the right track and others so
    Yes, and I think it was u who said they probably already tested it on themselves. They supposably did, there would be no way a CEO would claim he'd be sure that they will reach at least 20% regrowth if he did not have any clue about the results of this trial. This stuff is really exciting.

Surely they will exceed 20%. I'm pretty confident of that. If they had any reservations about it not beating finasteride's supposed 20% they wouldn't even bother pursuing this. It should be substantially better.

Being that Rolf Hoffman, did the Macrophotography for the Histrogen trials.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Excerpt from http://sdcasea.com/PDF/Gail_K_Naughton_pub.pdf

And we know Replicel have begun their follow ups, one could assume
    that the "fully confident" comment made by David Hall, might have come from some very positive interim results.

And yes I realize its a double blinded trial, but there are only 19 subjects, your going to notice if there is hair where it wasn't present before.

Aderans launched phase 2 in 2008, have just hit 300 subjects, and still dont expect results until 2012. Replicel have not even started phase 2.

Anybody that knows simple mathmatical addition can work out what that means. It means that Replicel are years off. If they start next year that puts em at 2016/17.

Also I think its a maybe about them testing it on themselves first. That is stupid. A scientist who knows the potential to get, oh you know, that lil ole thing called cancer!, is going to try it on his own best friend and wife first.

Also why didnt Spencer ask him a basic question like, have you seen hair growing back yet with your own two eyes? What is your gut feeling?

I was hoping for more of that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Aderans launched phase 2 in 2008, have just hit 300 subjects, and still dont expect results until 2012. Replicel have not even started phase 2.

Anybody that knows simple mathmatical addition can work out what that means. It means that Replicel are years off. If they start next year that puts em at 2016/17.

Also I think its a maybe about them testing it on themselves first. That is stupid. A scientist who knows the potential to get, oh you know, that lil ole thing called cancer!, is going to try it on his own best friend and wife first.

Also why didnt Spencer ask him a basic question like, have you seen hair growing back yet with your own two eyes? What is your gut feeling?

It depends on how many participants are in the trials. Replicel's phase 2 trials I think will have 100 participants, which will require less time than say Aderans that has considerably more participants in the trial.

As for Spencer not asking that question, he most likely would not get an answer even if he asked. Hall has to answer to shareholders and they decide what info will be released to the public, and they definitely wouldn't want the official spokesperson to make any type of statements about efficacy (on a trial that is mostly designed to determine safety) before the official data has been collected (and rightfully so).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

I don't know why you're making assumptions about the release date, not sure what your simple math is telling you. Since Replicel isn't adding anything to the process, just using your own cells, I think the clinical trials will be shorter than what is typical in the medical community. But I agree, the idea that they've used it on themselves or someone else without documenting it is dumb, if they were that unprofessional I wouldn't trust them to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by howardroarke View Post
    I dream of the day when I could go to a street hair transplant surgeon in my country to get injections on my head and my hair would grow as thick as a cloud.I would go to the guy who keeps reminding me of my balding and say "Go **** yourself " ..No kidding
    You realize you could tell that guy to go **** himself anyway, right? Just point out something about his looks.