For anyone who has or is using Finasteride! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default For anyone who has or is using Finasteride!

    Please can you tell me your story with the drug. I have never taken it myself and am curious after discovering my own hair loss.

    I want to know:

    1) What dosage you've taken, for how long and your age.

    2) How it has affected your hair loss/have you gained or maintained and for how long? (please also state if you have used other treatments in tandem with finasteride)

    3) Did you have any of the following side effects (please state if they did went away)

    - Lower libido - be honest here..how often did you want sex?
    - Erections - Any change? Any problems getting it up? Morning wood?
    - Watery Semen?
    - Orgasms any different?
    - Body composition any different? - Did you find it harder to keep weight off/feel weaker in the gym/anything like this?
    - Fertility issues - for those who have tried to have kids while on finasteride.
    - Decreased body hair?
    - Tiredness/Lethargy?
    - "Brain Fog"?
    - Any other sides not listed?

    4) Are you happy with your experience with finasteride?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Oh...I forgot to include the side effect of aniety/depression/behavioural changes - did anyone get any of these also.

    Many Thanks!

  3. #3
    Senior Member jjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gh05 View Post
    Oh...I forgot to include the side effect of aniety/depression/behavioural changes - did anyone get any of these also.

    Many Thanks!
    Dude your way over thinking this.

    I've been there, and when I was there I totally went into panic.

    After doing some crazy stupid things, I ended up taking .25 mg propecia and held my hair for many years.

    I've recently had to bump up to 1.25 mg (proscar) because I started to thin again but I believe I'm doing better but am still watching it.

    If your just starting to lose your hair, my advice would be to get on 1/4 pill of propecia every night before bed and forget about it.

    Take pictures and document every 100 days. Thats it.

    I'm in my 40's and should be bald...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    Dude your way over thinking this.

    I've been there, and when I was there I totally went into panic.

    After doing some crazy stupid things, I ended up taking .25 mg propecia and held my hair for many years.

    I've recently had to bump up to 1.25 mg (proscar) because I started to thin again but I believe I'm doing better but am still watching it.

    If your just starting to lose your hair, my advice would be to get on 1/4 pill of propecia every night before bed and forget about it.

    Take pictures and document every 100 days. Thats it.

    I'm in my 40's and should be bald...
    Thing is, I have to think it through because I've experienced sexual side effects from taking an antidepressant before and I never want to go there again.

    Did you have any sides? How long were you taking 0.25mg and what NW are you? How can you say that you should have been bald when hair loss can skip generations in the family?

    Thanks.

    Any other replies appreciated too.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    150 views and nothing???

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hi

    Im new here but joined to post on another thread but I guess while Im here I can add to this one too.

    Ive been on propecia for around 5 yrs (officially and perhaps 2 years unofficial when it could have been anything off the net )

    Its 1mg dose, I stopped taking it about 1 year ago as I couldnt determine how well it was working for me, its difficult to assess when you dont know what would happen without it. I noticed after being off it for around 4 months I had a lot of shedding. This alarmed me so I went back on it and am still on it now.

    I honestly think it slows loss for me, but doesnt give me anything I didnt have.
    Yes, Im one of the blokes who gets effected on the sexual front. (it was actually the reason why I stopped) I dont get the same consistency of erections, Ive never taken anything to help it and because its not that bad have consoled myself that if/when it does ill try the viagra.
    Yes I have experienced 'fogging' too, although I cant conclusively say its the finisteride, it comes and goes.

    I had a hair transplant recently, they seem to advise that you take fin before they agree to do it. The way I look at it is finisteride aint for everyone and some might think its not worth it.....I on the other hand am one who thinks I can only do the best I can do for myself, I wouldnt want to be 10-20 years down the line thinking 'what if'.

    Pap

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I was on it for 7 years, and it pretty much just slowed down my hair loss. Went off it 2 years ago and haven't noticed much of a difference with my hair. I'm 34 now.

    My advice to you gh05, is to consult a doctor before using it. Even though I didn't suffer from any side effects, it doesn't mean that goes for everyone.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I was on it for 7 years, and it pretty much just slowed down my hair loss. Went off it 2 years ago and haven't noticed much of a difference with my hair. I'm 34 now.

    My advice to you gh05, is to consult a doctor before using it. Even though I didn't suffer from any side effects, it doesn't mean that goes for everyone.

    Why did you stop if it was helping and you had no sides? Literally no sides whatsoever you say?..at any time?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gh05 View Post
    Why did you stop if it was helping and you had no sides? Literally no sides whatsoever you say?..at any time?
    I >personally< had no sides. That doesn't mean that you won't. The reason I stopped, is because my wife and I were trying to have a baby and I didn't want to be messing with my hormones while trying to get her pregnant.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I >personally< had no sides. That doesn't mean that you won't. The reason I stopped, is because my wife and I were trying to have a baby and I didn't want to be messing with my hormones while trying to get her pregnant.
    fair enough. I've always wondered what I would do if i ever wanted to try for kids and had been taking fin.

    Did your hair fall out after coming off it? Any plans to go back on it now?

Similar Threads

  1. Survey: Finasteride Users on this forum (one big Finasteride Thread)
    By Phatalis in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 05-23-2021, 06:57 PM
  2. 1mg v 5mg Finasteride
    By SE19 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-02-2019, 04:32 PM
  3. Is finasteride, finasteride?
    By Richiep in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
  4. more finasteride
    By Notbaldyet in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 03:35 AM
  5. What has finasteride done for you?
    By KeepTheHair in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Gene Therapy update and insights
Today 05:19 AM
Last Post By Dr A's Clinic
Today 05:19 AM
Best hair transplant dr's and price per graft
12-11-2014 02:25 PM
Last Post By AlexBenjamin
Today 04:54 AM
Have you used a car delivery before?
01-10-2023 05:53 AM
by Glent
Last Post By mmurray
Yesterday 04:13 PM
A family has hair restoration with Dr. Lindsey
02-02-2022 08:02 AM
Last Post By Mitch Smith
Yesterday 03:58 AM
New hair care regime based on gene / anti-ageing science
02-22-2022 11:45 AM
Last Post By jameshartman
02-06-2023 10:00 PM