+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Using regaine

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    I've read that Minox remains effective for up to 5-7 years...
    I'm not buying into that. Time will tell. I've only been using it for a little over three years. Even if it is true, I highly doubt there would be an "all at once" mass shedding. It's just too far fetched, even considering those like yourself who do nothing to try to control DHT.

Excessive hair on the forehead and ears is probably possible, but I don't think body hair would increase

It is not my place to talk about whether a man should take Finasteride or not. I do want to ask you if you have thought about trying an herbal DHT blocker though. It will either work or it won’t. You won’t know until you try.

Experienced early unpleasant side effects on Propecia, Tracy, which is why I won't go down that avenue again. Guess I was one of the 2%.

Have just got some Saw Palmetto - no idea if it's any good, but I'll give it a go. That's the only herbal DHT blocker I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Have just got some Saw Palmetto - no idea if it's any good, but I'll give it a go. That's the only herbal DHT blocker I'm aware of.
    I looked to see what I could find about this last week or so after reading so many comments about these concerns in this forum.

What I found is that Saw Palmetto should be taken in a complex form, not straight Saw Palmetto. A "complex" means it has other herbs blended in with it. Since I use supplements from Nature's Bounty, I check their web site and found that they have a Saw Palmetto complex that has identical ingredients to the one I read about in a study. I am including a link to the PDF file from Nature's Bounty's web site so you can see what those ingredients are.

Please be aware that the only reason I am using information form Natures Bounty is because I am familiar with the brand and use their products myself. I am sure other supplement manufacturers offer similar products.

http://www.naturesbounty.com/VF/LABELS/L006052-NB.PDF

http://www.naturesbounty.com/PRODUCT/006052

You probably already know this, but it will take a full year of using it as directed before you will know if it helps or not. Although this does not apply to me, I would be very curious to know if it works for you or not... I have two brothers. Both have vertex hair loss and a bit of trouble going #1. They both said they will try it for a year when I told them about it last week.

Thank you Tracy,

I appreciate all the effort you went to in your last post. I'll see what happens.

Best wishes

Emerson

Exclamation

Hi, I read on here that minoxidil makes u look older! Is that true bout the wrinkles and black saggy eyes?

I've been using it for six or seven months religiously and haven't noticed any changes to my face or eyes. Havent noticed much regarding regrowth either come to think about it. Did however notice a bad hairline shed which hasn't recovered, doubting it will now but I'll carry on.

How long is the shed

Quote Originally Posted by Amercancer View Post
    Hi, I read on here that minoxidil makes u look older!
    Where are you people getting this nonsense?

Trust me, if it really made people look older, there is no way women would touch the stuff. More women use Minoxidil that you realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Havent noticed much regarding regrowth either come to think about it.
    It is an unfortunate reality that the medication does not work for everyone. Let me ask you, have you been taking photos every two months? If you haven't been, you should start. When you see yourself every day, you do not notice changes. When you see pictures of yourself spread over time, the changes are more easily seen. This also works for weight loss - and weight gain.

BTW, I have an off-topic question for you... Are you a guitar player who uses Marshall amps?

Quote Originally Posted by Amercancer View Post
    How long is the shed
    There can be no "one size fits all" kind of answer to this one. It depends on too many factors (how many weak follicles you have, how long they have been weak and so on). Most people would probably experience two weeks of shedding in the beginning as stated on the label. However, this is not carved in stone. Again too many factors. I went through three periods of shedding during the first two years of treating my hair loss. The second period was shorter than the first. The third was shorter than the second. Each time my hair grew back a little thicker than it was before. The shedding eventually stopped. Yes, it felt like it was going to last forever.

Hi Tracy - an off topic answer - well spotted, yes I do play guitar - going thru a 1986 Jcm 800 50 watt combo

It seems my red eyes have been due to a virus thats been going around, other people in my family have had similar symptoms, so i suppose its not to do with regaine, will restart using it soon