+ Reply to Thread

Angry Dutasteride Sunken Eyes - HELP!

I'm 31. My hairline started receding when I was in college. I started using finasteride when i was 25. It worked pretty well but lost its potency when I turned 30. I never really experienced any significant side effects.

I started taking dutasteride when i was 30. I took it for a short time and immediately noticed circles under my eyes. I stopped taking it. A few months later my hair started thinning pretty fast. I decided to start taking dutasteride again, but only 2 times per week. This caused a bit of swelling in my face in the morning, but it was manageable At one point i bumped it up to 3 times per week. I saw pretty good results. However, slowly but surely, circles began to form under my eyes. It was summer and i was getting a lot of sun, so they were actually hard to notice. In september i started to look very worn and stopped taking Dutas. The circles under my eyes had become very pronounced.

I've been off of Dutas for a month now and my eyes have not improved. In fact, about 3 weeks after i stopped taking it they got much, much worse. I began experiencing significant swelling under my eyes in the morning, and very dark circles in the afternoon. This lasted about 2 weeks and has slowly gotten better. Though, I still look horrible. I literally look like i've aged a decade. The skin under my eyes looks like it's sagging, there are dark circles and my eyes look sunken. The left side wasn't affected too bad and is bearable. The right side looks horrible.

It has been a month and a half since I stopped taking Dutas and my eyes look worse than they did the last day I took the stuff. Somehow they've proceeded to get worse. This isnt natural aging. I didn't have any marks under my eyes 6 months ago. It isn't hereditary. My parents are nearly 60 and don't have circles under their eyes. Dutas did this.

What i want to know is, has anyone else seen significant improvement once they stopped taking Dutas? How long did it take!? I've read that Minox and Fin have done the same thing to others.

I personally wish i had never touched the stuff (Dutas) and will never take it again. In fact, after reading about all of the side effects of the other drugs i don't think i'll take anything.

Default Wow - This stuff makes me feel worse

...regarding eyes / skin. Taken from

http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html

Minoxidil Side Effects

Topical minoxidil can have bad effects on the skin. My face bears the scars of minoxidil use. Black rings formed around my eyes and the skin took on a pock marked texture. These effects persist despite stopping the treatment over 2 years ago.

minoxidil destroyed my brothers face in less than 10 months. He went from being a fresh faced 21 year old non smoker into a haggard aged mess who looked 40. It happened slowly and he was pleased with the hair regroth. But the damage is done and he wants to kill himself. All medications have side effects but this is obscene.

I have to admit minoxidil is effective and even restored my hairline in front (even though its not designed for it), but my skin was really affected. My forehead looks "pock marked" and a fraction of the elasticity it used to have. Plus I have dark circles under my eyes.The minoxidil is a double-edged sword. My forehead looks slightly bloated and plus I think I'm developing forehead wrinkles I never had before and its been 5 months since I've been using this.

I had to have a eye lift to counteract wrinkles caused by topical Minoxidil. I'm 26

minoxidil 5 did a lot of damage to my face and skin. How can one little bottle wreck a life? People will sue

These black rings around my eyes are anoying! When will they go? It's been 6 months since I came off this shit

I used Minoxidil for 9 months but stopped because of the affect on my skin. It gave me black rings under my eyes and wrinkles. It enlarged pores but my Dr thought it was not Minoxidil. But there are studies showing how it inhibits collogen production and causes skin thickening. It's so effective they feel it could help with wound contraction to reduce scaring. This should be listed in the instructions so people can make informed choices.

Acromegaly is an endocrine disorder caused by chronic excessive growth hormone secretion from the anterior pituitary gland. Significant disfiguring changes occur as a result of bone, cartilage, and soft tissue hypertrophy, including the thickening of the skin, coarsening of facial features, and cutis verticis gyrata. Pseudoacromegaly, on the other hand, is the presence of similar acromegaloid features in the absence of elevated growth hormone or insulin-like growth factor levels. We present a patient with pseudoacromegaly that resulted from the long-term use of minoxidil at an unusually high dose. This is the first case report of pseudoacromegaly as a side effect of minoxidil use.

Am I risking with permanent dark circles and wrinkles under eyes that won't go away after stopping the drug while taking minoxidil and finasteride?I haven't taken Propecia yet, but have been using Regaine 5 for two years and have very f***ed up eye surroundings. Is it possible that I have made the furrows permanent by using the drug so long or is there still a point in stopping it and never trying Propecia?I have read people complaining about very long lasting dark circles and wrinkles around eyes after quitting the drug.Thanks!

Minoxidil can make the skin appear older even if there is no direct contact. Its a transiant thing

My hair loss has gone this stuff works well. But my face and skin look dreadfull. Why is this drug skin ageing?

Minoxidil has regrown lots of hair but people are saying I look diffrent. My face is a swollen Bosechoose. I also have the dark circles and pores that are much bigger.

It made my face ugly and old. I was so young but now look too old for my body. My eyes are so wrinkled and my cheeks split.

I too got bloated face on Foam and lost a lot of ground after a four month bout with that crap product. I regret the day I got it so much. Its such a crap treatment

Made my under eye skin thiner gery and wrinked. It also made my face fat. The moon face went after 6 months but the old eye things is still there. It was 5 years ago

If your one of the people who notices wrinkles from using minoxidil you need to stop immediately they only get much much worse. Minoxidil wrecked my face, I'm 21 and I have huge pores all over my face, wrinkles and my eyebrows are sagging over eyes. This is in no way normal genetics and aging both siblings who are 5 and 7 years older still have very good skin. I used minox for about 14 months and started noticing my face change about 7 months into using(big pores around the temples where is put it on and forehead wrinkles). I should have stopped then but I was real worried about what was going to happen to my hair if I stopped. I wish I had never tried this shitty drug a bald head is nothing compared to having a saggy wrinkly face in your early 20's. And at the most all minox is going to do is give you a little extra time.

Its taken my face 4 years to recover from this poison, STAY AWAY!

So Minoxidil gives you a old face, so what? Most medications have side effects and Minoxidil is no different. I have been using this for 11 months and yes I look older and people are saying my face looks tired but the hair re-growth has been good and the wrinkles are only affecting my eyes.

Minoxidil really mucked my skin up and I only used it for 10 months. My eyes are wrinkled and my skins pores huge, its made me look much older than 33!

TO ALL YOU GIRLS OUT THERE, STOP USING THIS SHITTY PRODUCT, IT IS A SKIN AGEING PRODUCT, BELEIVE ME YOU CAN LIVE WITH BALD OR LESS HAIR BUT NOT WITH SWOLLEN, AGEING, WRINKLED FACE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. IAM SUFFERING FROM USING THIS PRODUCT FOR JUST 4 WEEKS AND THE EFFECTS FOR NEARLY A YEAR NOW. THIS PRODUCT HAS WRECKED MY LIFE COMPLETELY.

Same with me. I can't really say that my face has puffed up, rather the quality of the skin has declined. In the year I have been using Minox, my face appears to have aged 10 years. Until I read this post I wouldn't have necessarily thought it was due to Minox, however now I am suspicious.

I used Minoxidil for 5 months. Yes, I was amazed of my hair re-growth but noticed dark circles on my eyes. I suspected my eye cream at first and stopped using it. However, the dark circles persisted. I did some research what causes it; YES it was minoxidil. I stopped using it since November. Luckily, the dark circles are now lighter and hopefully, be gone.

Your lucky, my skin lost elasticity and its not come back 5 years later.

I have stopped using 5 Minoxidil, it really mucked up my skin and gave me bloodshot eyes.

I have developed 'Smokers Face' from 5 years Minoxidil use and have never used tobbaco.

The damage people report is a form of scaring. Minoxidil inhibits collagen production and leads to permanent scaring.

MY "TREATMENT" STARTED 9 MONTHS AGO - ALMOST IMMEDIATELY I DEVELOPED MASSIVE BLUE SHADOWS UNDER MY EYES. BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM EYELIDS ARE PURPLE AND HAVING LOOKED AT LEAST 5 YEARS YOUNGER THAN MY ACTUAL AGE I NOW LOOK AT LEAST MY AGE. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY MY HAIR HASN'T REGROWN - THE HAIR LOSS HAS STOPPED/SLOWED DOWN BUT MY FACE IS RUINED. I'M POURING THE SHIT (MINOXIDIL) DOWN THE DRAIN AS I'M TYPING THIS.TRY IT FOR A WEEK OR SO BY ALL MEANS BUT THE MOMENT YOU NOTICE ANY SIDE EFFECTS ON YOUR FACE DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STOP!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

It makes skin rough like leather

My eyelids are wrinkled and thicker after this hair drug.

I quit Rogaine just in case and I can safely say my skin is looking a bit better. Slowly but surely, but enough for me to be happy with my decision. Undereyes looking a little better, the skin above my lids has shrunk back so I look a bit more rested these days, pores are shrinking and seem to be easier to keep clean. I haven't changed anything but quitting Rogaine, so I think I did the right thing.

I know exactly what you are saying about the junkie look. The dark circles and puffy face and all due to minox... It sucks big time. I'm still recovering from it after 5 months off the drug.

I came off topical Minoxidil 4 months ago but my skin still suffers. If things don't improve soon I will be taking legal action against the supplier as these side effects are not listed in the instructions.

It dripped onto the floor killing Doodles my cat.

I used topical Minoxidil given to me by HAIR LOSS TREATMENT CENTRE (in Sydney) for 4 weeks only and I am still suffering from it for more than a 15 months now, this product should be totally banned as supplement for hair loss treatment as it almost killed me. I thinking of taking legal action against the centre.

If I could find the man who signed this poison off as safe I would split his head open like a water melon. It has destroyed my skin making me look like a drug addict or something. Ok, I don't really want to hurt anybody but my life has been damaged by this crap.

four years after only 6 weeks of use and am still having bad effects large pores,thin crepe paper like skin,easy bruising,and vascular problems its not worth the risk if you have not used it yet.also a side effect i had at the time that i have not heard other people talk about was half the hair fell out over my entire body.

When are people going to realise this stuff is crap? It does not work and will make your face look like shit. I used it for 9 months and my face face never really recovered. It was aged

My hairloss got worse too, no wrinkles yet but my temple pores are bigger and the skin feels tight/less stretchy.

Minoxidil does not change your face, it's just takes you where your going to be in 5 years in about 3 months. I don't know if it's progressive or just a one off jump, but after starting minoxidil at 19 being asked for ID in the off licence and being approached by women just suddenly stopped happening. It made me look older and uglier in 3 months, legal action should be taken.

Yeah it made me look like a junkie, stopped it and the effects went away. What a load of crap

do not let vanity destroy your health.minoxidil will not only cause irreversible skin damage where applied but all skin because it travels your blood vessels, that damage is mainly the end of collagen production, it will also cause irreversible damage to blood vessel walls this is why it was stop being used for high blood pressure for which it was made.that is why people get the dark cicles under their eyes and easy bruising.these effects vary depending on the amount of drug absorbed and is very easy to have too much absorbed,applied to wet skin or after washing area even after dry if pores are still enlarged,destressed skin such as sunburn,dandruff or allergic reaction to any ingredient in product,higher percentages of minoxidil in product,hands used to apply it comming into contact with mouth or nose,through the hands if cuts or hangnails,from head to pillow to mouth or nose if you go to bed after applied i could go on.i have seen people who used this drug only a few weeks,absorbed too much and it damaged their blood vessels so bad that wearing sandals leaves bruises where the straps are and this damage is permanent,have also seen people who sleep with their face on their arm or hand or thin pillow between have bruises on their cheekbone area or where pressure is.

I have noticed this stuff is very cheap now, I think people are starting to desert it as a treatment,

I started to do research on minoxidil and facial puffiness and came upon many posts with people experiencing the same symptoms that I have. My cheeks and undereye area were constantly puffy. You could hardly see my eyes. My skin had lost its elasticity and my pores were getting huge. All this happened within two months of using minoxidil. I am stopping it right away and will find something else to use in place of it for hair loss. I am starting to look like an old bag.

Yeah, minoxidil left its scars on me too. My skin tone was separated into different islands of colour (I never, EVER used to have red cheeks, not even at my most dehydrated or drunk), and I still have dark circles around my eyes (although nowhere near as bad as when I started). After stopping in October, my face still looks different - definitely older. NOT a fan.

After 4 years on this treatment for hair loss I began to develop the coarse features normally associated with Acromegaly. After stopping the treatment all of the hair gained in my vertex region was lost but the facial changes remain.

I wondered why people have been saying I look tired lately. This crap is going in the bin, I have been on it for 3 months, no hair regrowth anyway.

After 14 months use 5 Minoxidil stopped being efective on my crown so I stopped using it. I must say people are cometing on how much better I look but maybe this is due to something else.

I'm a youthful 41 year old female and I have been using minoxidil for under 3 weeks. I have noiced these same side effects,which is how I stumled across this site. My face is very itchy, slightly swollen and under my eyes the lines seem more crepey. I have just washed my hair to get rid of this mornings tmt and I wont be using again! It's bad enough being a hairdresser and losing your hair, but I need to try and keep my looks if my hair is going to carry on falling out.

I'm a 46 year old female and I used Minoxidil for 4 or 5 months. I did not notice anything at first but seems right at the 4 month period that my face started getting very itchy. I was waking up with puffy eyes and dark circles under my eyes and my skin did not look good. I stopped immediately after doing some research. It has been 3 weeks since I stopped and already my skin looks like it coming back from the brink. I took a antihistamine and it stopped the itchy face. I believe I had an allergic reaction from the non-active ingredient that is mixed in with the Minoxidil as a hair regrowth formula. Hence the puffy eyes, itching, etc. Minoxidi however may have interfered with my collagen production and hence the bad skin. Absolute reason why I had to quit, wasn't worth risking my face. I'd rather have good skin and not look old than a couple of extra hairs on my head.

Its not an allergic reaction, its the Minoxidil stopping your skins collagen from being synthersized. Its a crap treatment

These findings suggest that Minoxidil causes skin atrophy.

I may have to kill myself, this product has aged my skin so badly I look 5 years older than my other 17-18 year old mates. Stopped it 6 months ago but if anything the wirnkles and black rings are getting worse.

im sure its not so bad, post pics?

From my experience taking different hair loss treatments, I have noticed that Minoxidil may cause bloating of the face and dark circles. Never heard of Dutasteride doing this.

This is a shot in the dark since you haven't been active for years but I am wondering if you have recovered at all, I believe I may be having the same symptoms. Hopefully this reply sends you an email and you can reach out.

Quote Originally Posted by dontdut View Post
    This is a shot in the dark since you haven't been active for years but I am wondering if you have recovered at all, I believe I may be having the same symptoms. Hopefully this reply sends you an email and you can reach out.
    I just wanted to follow-up to say that I was indeed having the same symptoms after trying dutasteride. I did find a way to reverse most of the symptoms however it wasn't legal. I bought Anavar on the black market and started a daily 10mg cycle for 12 weeks. Followed by four weeks of 20mg daily Nolvadex to recover my natural testosterone production.

Check body building sites for info about Anavar. It is very similar to DHT and may be acting as a substitute for the body's natural DHT.

I was desperate, but this worked.

@dontdut I’m assuming you won’t see or respond to this but I hope you do. I’m going thru this same shit after taking dutasteride… Sunken eyes after quitting.

In your opinion was the anavar more beneficial in your recovery than the other medication? I don’t want to look like this forever.

Can you help me?? See my response before this one 🙏