Threaded View

Angry Dutasteride Sunken Eyes - HELP!

I'm 31. My hairline started receding when I was in college. I started using finasteride when i was 25. It worked pretty well but lost its potency when I turned 30. I never really experienced any significant side effects.

I started taking dutasteride when i was 30. I took it for a short time and immediately noticed circles under my eyes. I stopped taking it. A few months later my hair started thinning pretty fast. I decided to start taking dutasteride again, but only 2 times per week. This caused a bit of swelling in my face in the morning, but it was manageable At one point i bumped it up to 3 times per week. I saw pretty good results. However, slowly but surely, circles began to form under my eyes. It was summer and i was getting a lot of sun, so they were actually hard to notice. In september i started to look very worn and stopped taking Dutas. The circles under my eyes had become very pronounced.

I've been off of Dutas for a month now and my eyes have not improved. In fact, about 3 weeks after i stopped taking it they got much, much worse. I began experiencing significant swelling under my eyes in the morning, and very dark circles in the afternoon. This lasted about 2 weeks and has slowly gotten better. Though, I still look horrible. I literally look like i've aged a decade. The skin under my eyes looks like it's sagging, there are dark circles and my eyes look sunken. The left side wasn't affected too bad and is bearable. The right side looks horrible.

It has been a month and a half since I stopped taking Dutas and my eyes look worse than they did the last day I took the stuff. Somehow they've proceeded to get worse. This isnt natural aging. I didn't have any marks under my eyes 6 months ago. It isn't hereditary. My parents are nearly 60 and don't have circles under their eyes. Dutas did this.

What i want to know is, has anyone else seen significant improvement once they stopped taking Dutas? How long did it take!? I've read that Minox and Fin have done the same thing to others.

I personally wish i had never touched the stuff (Dutas) and will never take it again. In fact, after reading about all of the side effects of the other drugs i don't think i'll take anything.