+ Reply to Thread

Default What halts frontal thinning/receding hairline?

My hairline still looks fine to me although i think its definetly changed into a more mature hairline. I dont want it to get worse obviously and im going to be trying rogaine for all around thinning (mainly top of head and crown) but i heard if there is regrowth it wont be at the front ?

What can I do for my hairline then? Im only 20, i dont want it to get worse!!!

Also is it true rogaine only works for like 75% of men ? I dont want to take meds yet till im 25 maybe...so i guess rogaine and possbile laser treatment is the only other alternatives..?

double post. :x

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    My hairline still looks fine to me although i think its definetly changed into a more mature hairline. I dont want it to get worse obviously and im going to be trying rogaine for all around thinning (mainly top of head and crown) but i heard if there is regrowth it wont be at the front ?

What can I do for my hairline then? Im only 20, i dont want it to get worse!!!

Also is it true rogaine only works for like 75% of men ? I dont want to take meds yet till im 25 maybe...so i guess rogaine and possbile laser treatment is the only other alternatives..?
    Hi, I'm 20 as well and are suffering from pretty much the same thing you are man. Since you factored out taking meds (Propecia), you could always start using Nizoral shampoo (don't buy it online). And yeah, I think rogaine is only supposed to help with the crown/top of head area but should control the hair loss in the frontal region if it's effective enough for you.

I'm currently taking Propecia and am seeing some promising results after a little more than 2 months of treatment with NO SIDE EFFECTS up to this point. I also just started Nizoral myself but I'm yet to yield any results from that.
    Here's some info on Nirzoral if you're interested, good luck man:

http://www.howtoall.com/Menshealthfi...phairloss1.htm

i will consider taking propercia if frontal hair receds. my friends brother uses it and found it works well for him with no side effects as well.

How has it worked for you? Has it regrown hair or fixed damaged hair follicales or just kept in whatever you have now?

What halts frontal thinning/receding hairline?
    The only thing that might be able to prevent or halt the development of the normal mature male hair line is castration...

Most men probably don't want to do that.

i will consider taking propercia if frontal hair receds. my friends brother uses it and found it works well for him with no side effects as well.

How has it worked for you? Has it regrown hair or fixed damaged hair follicales or just kept in whatever you have now?
    It's a little too early to tell man. I know for sure though that it's completely halted my hair loss. Before taking propecia I was extremely apprehensive because there are many horror stories, but you wont know until you try it (worth the risk in my opinion). Before I was taking propecia I was losing about 5-10 per stroke of my hand when applying shampoo and about 5-10 when I would casually run my hand through my hair when it was dry. Pretty much throughout the first month of taking propecia I notice an alarming rate of hair loss (10-20 when applying shampoo, 10-15 when dry). Now I notice about 1-5 when washing my hair max and about 2-3 hairs when running my hands through my hair when dry. I guess I'll find out within a few months on whether or not I will just keep what I have, or grow back some... only time will tell.