+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Replicel Trial Update

Hello baldheads,

http://www.replicel.com/replicel-pro...rate-activity/

Looks good so far, they're preparing for Phase II!

Best Regards

So fall 2012 is when phase II studies begin. Good to know. Can't wait. Bald Eagle 1 reporting out. Over.

Sure wish they were testing more than 100 people. Does anyone have statistics on the safety record of medical products that were tested on only 100 people? Seems to me you would need to test at least 1,000 to get an accurate sense of how safe this would be. I'm sure the first 100 people who took propecia were totally fine too and it was person 100+ that felt the side effects. And yes I know this treatment is autologous (sp?) but none of us are experts and we're using amateur logic to assume this will be safe.

Perhaps one can take some comfort in the fact that it is a test using your own cells (autogolous) and so far there have been no reported problems with similar therapies. University of Pittsburgh and Wake Forest have used a similar approach (taking stems cells and cultivating them) to produce new bladders, esophagus, etc. without any issues. Besides multiplying the derma sheath cup - they are not doing anything your cells (besides discarding the papilla).

Remember guys that phase 1 is using a dose that is an order of magnitude or two higher than what will go to market. Might have been 100 times or even more of the dose they anticipate we'll need. So imagine taking 100mg of fin a day. If phase 1 turns out to be safe then we're in the clear safety wise.

According to the interview just posted (http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...light=replicel) - CEO indicates that they have not seen any adverse issues or problems arise in the trial participants...I guess that a few of the participants who were injected at the beginning have already reported back to the clinic for an assessment of their health.

Safety will not be an issue about Replicel, I have confidence in that.
    I can't wait for the next few months, we'll get our awnser <3

I'm glad that Replicel seems to be moving along with its trials and that its management is very optimistic about the possible results, but I am still disappointed with the estimated time to market being 2015 at the soonest. These things always seem to take longer than expected, so if 2015 is the ETA, then who knows when it will really be released. Of course, even if the 2015 estimate is accurate, this wouldn't necessarily mean the product would be relased on January 1, 2015 and be immediately available to anyone who wants it. If the company is not on top of this, there could be real lags with distribution and with training physicians in the new procedures.

I am also disappointed that in the interview, the CEO seemed to indicate that the product will undergo a full three-phase set of clinical trials, and there was no mention of an early release in non-Western countries following the completion of the Phase I safety or Phase II dosing trials. I think many of us were hoping for something like this, so that those of us willing to travel could benefit from the product sooner. There was also no mention of the controversy surrounding whether the U.S. FDA has the right to regulate autologous cell treatments, and the potential for a quicker time to market should the U.S. courts side against the FDA.

Collaborative Research Agreement
    RepliCel has entered into a three year collaborative research agreement with First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-Sen University in China and its head of Dermatology, Dr. Xingqi Zhang, for the development of cell culture methodology for mesenchymal hair follicles. The research will involve blinded studies on optimizing cell culture.
    Interesting, that university is from where i grew up. It is the best university in southern china. Maybe i'll go check it out next time i go back

What do you guys think will happen if you do a HT and a few years later go through a treatment with Replicel. Will you get super dense hair or will the transplanted hair fall out?