+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Well if this is true, then it would be a cure. I was just wondering if it would be a problem since the donor area would eventually thin. I was trying to think how DHT would play into this. Since the cells are taken from the donor, I figured your "new" hair would grow out thin as well but if you can repeat this and continue add density, I guess the problem is fixed.

Please don't say 2016 FDR. Let's hope it's sooner.
    Well I hope I'm wrong and it's sooner. I'm not sure if I have this right, I might have to listen back but isn't it going to take 18-24 months for phase 2 and 18-24 months for phase 3? I thought they said they'd start phase 2 around March so I think 2016 seems realistic, not as in the usual 5 years nonsense but actually a definitive timeline for an actual cure; not just ideas and pie in the sky.

I really hope it's sooner, around 2015 and even released elsewhere after phase 2. I just hope the guys in phase 1 sprout a forest in the injection site and the guys in phase 2 get to see some real nice natural cosmetice results.

You know if we knew for absolute certain this would be here by 2016 and do just as it promises then I could relax about the whole thing. It would be so comforting. It would be like Christmas for baldies.

Keep the faith guys.

Krewel,

I would hazard a guess that RepliCel has some idea as to whether or not their approach will "bear any fruit"...If you go back and listen to the interviews with CEO David Hall (on bothe the Bald Truth and Fox News) it would appear that they have at least seen the first 1-2 patients who were injected at the beginning and no safety issues were noticed. Additionally, David Hall told the Tobin Smith that they were pretty confident the RepliCel would generate 20% growth which would match the best resulst seen with Propecia...Or course it is also believed by RepliCel that the injections are permanent and are compoundable. I believe someone mentioned that most companies will understate their expected results so as to "out-perform" Wall Street's expectations. Hope that is the case but we will find out sometime in March 2012...What is noteworthy is the RepiCel results appear to have advantage over Aderan's approach in terms of the distribution of new hair during the pre-clinical work i.e., mouse tests.

Inactive

In my opinion they did test this stuff already on themselves :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TxRockClimber View Post
    What is noteworthy is the RepiCel results appear to have advantage over Aderan's approach in terms of the distribution of new hair during the pre-clinical work i.e., mouse tests.
    Absolutely. There's no comparison. Looks like Aderans went down the wrong route and have spunked millions on it and they can't use DSC because Replicel have a patent on it. All that research and money at ARI and they dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Absolutely. There's no comparison. Looks like Aderans went down the wrong route and have spunked millions on it and they can't use DSC because Replicel have a patent on it. All that research and money at ARI and they dropped the ball.
    Yeah it does seem that Aderans took the route thats not the best one when it comes to this specific cellular technology. But I don't think we should now just write Aderans off. Getting so far in their trail work shows that they have something, even if it can't give the same type of results that Replicel can potentially give.

Though I don't want to put all my hopes into 1 out of the 4 possible future treatments, I'd have to say my confidence is probably the strongest in Replicel and Follica, as these two potential treatments have some great scientific minds behind them, it seems like the guys at Replicel have put in the most amount of time in research, and Follica has come the farthest with clinical trials in having completed phase 2.

Hey guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's still possible that it doesn't work.

Now, let's say it does. What's this nonsense about 20% regrowth? The way their videos describe the technology, and the explanations we hear from their scientists about how the mechanism works, why and how do they arrive at 20%? Logically speaking (using their logic) should this not be full density?

Now let's say it's only 20% regrowth. Is that 20% of full density, or 20% increase of the hairs on your head? Like if Jason Statham goes in to get this done with his 100 hairs on the top of his head, does he walk out with 120? If that's the case then all of us are here are effed come 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodkid View Post
    Hey guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's still possible that it doesn't work.

Now, let's say it does. What's this nonsense about 20% regrowth? The way their videos describe the technology, and the explanations we hear from their scientists about how the mechanism works, why and how do they arrive at 20%? Logically speaking (using their logic) should this not be full density?

Now let's say it's only 20% regrowth. Is that 20% of full density, or 20% increase of the hairs on your head? Like if Jason Statham goes in to get this done with his 100 hairs on the top of his head, does he walk out with 120? If that's the case then all of us are here are effed come 2016.
    20% regrowth mean 20% REGROWTH, not 20% increase in hair count. If they are already getting 20% regrowth in phase 1, then it would be more than promising.

I believe if you read the pre-clinical studies (mouse models) that they conducted in Y2003 and successive years along with the interviews of the CEO (David Hall) on Fox News and Balding Truth...It might be possible to infer that the trial areas were limited to a very small area and the 20% (anticipated) regrowth is from new follicles and rejuvenation of DHT effected follicles. What remains to be answered is whether the treatment is compoundable, how far from the injection site will the dermal cup sheaths impact (i.e., 2-3 cm?) and duration. Reports from the safety trials (Q2 2012) might answer the above questions or at least provide some idea and the dosing trials (starting Q3 2012) should hopefully resolve any doubt or uncertainity.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm with hollywoodkid on this one.
    I briefly looked through some data a while ago about this so might have missed it, but why is everyone thinking this is simply down to 'safety' and not questioning whether the process actually works in humans?

Have they got solid evidence it works because I don't recall seeing where they did, and u only have to look at the responses on the next thread about what ppl think of results conducted on mice, ppl arnt impressed with spectral 7 using such rhetoric so why is everyone convinced of this?

Ofc, like everyone I hope there's foundation to all this, but there seems a wave of enthusiasm over this and it seems little more than theory?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Papillion View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but I'm with hollywoodkid on this one.
    I briefly looked through some data a while ago about this so might have missed it, but why is everyone thinking this is simply down to 'safety' and not questioning whether the process actually works in humans?

Have they got solid evidence it works because I don't recall seeing where they did, and u only have to look at the responses on the next thread about what ppl think of results conducted on mice, ppl arnt impressed with spectral 7 using such rhetoric so why is everyone convinced of this?

Ofc, like everyone I hope there's foundation to all this, but there seems a wave of enthusiasm over this and it seems little more than theory?
    It's because Replicel is one of the "big four" or whatever number it is now, and at least appears to be one of the safest routes (i.e. replicating cells instead of adding anything to them). Also they are the most recent company to be very communicative with what their intentions are. The hype will die down in a couple months and then build right before they release their results in March