+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thats a good question - I have read through their paper which covered the pre-clinical trial (animal study) and it did not give any guidance as to what might happen in the situation you describe (http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5602058a.html). At least - I could not discern a definitive statement on what might be expected to happen. I guess that if you follow their theory - one would expect some increased growth to the existing hairs undergoing minaturization from the injected dermal sheath cup cells. But what about the induction/formation of totally new follicles? Betting that might be one of the top ten question/issues to be resolved during the dosing trial which is slated to start in Fall 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    What about new hair, will be resistance for DHT?
    Again, yes.

I wonder if I will have any hairs on my head by the time this comes out to even benifit from it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok but. If someone have just thinning hair, those that you stll have on your head automaticly become resistance for DHT?
    Yes, the injected cells migrate to "sick" follicles and "recruit" them to DHT resistant cells, so hair gets thicker again and you stop balding.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I wonder if I will have any hairs on my head by the time this comes out to even benifit from it :/
    Why shouldn't you benefit from it? If their method really works, you will be able to restore a full head of hair. They just need that little biopsy from the back of your head. That's it.

If RepliCel works the way the claim, you should be able to not just restore hair but also add more density right? In other words, inject more cells to where you already have hair. So I was wondering, if people would also use it in the donor area. For example, old people who have very thin donor hair. Would you be able to add more density to the WHOLE HEAD? I figured that would be key since donor hair also thins, mAybe not at the same pace but with time it can and it will. What you guys think? Density everywhere would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    If RepliCel works the way the claim, you should be able to not just restore hair but also add more density right? In other words, inject more cells to where you already have hair. So I was wondering, if people would also use it in the donor area. For example, old people who have very thin donor hair. Would you be able to add more density to the WHOLE HEAD? I figured that would be key since donor hair also thins, mAybe not at the same pace but with time it can and it will. What you guys think? Density everywhere would be nice!
    Yes, I should think so. It may be useful for people with thinned out donors from FUE who pushed it too far as well. Earliest time though is late 2015 but most likely 2016.

The funny thing is, you can do this procedure multiple times. There will be a lot of people who will abuse this treatment, because they'll still think they dont have enough hair. It's like those bodybuilders who keep taking roids because they think they're too thin although they're like 242 lbs, haha.

Right now, I'm just hoping for a confirmation that they're concept really works. That would be a great relief for me. Knowing that there will surely be a solution for hairloss, would make my life much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Yes, I should think so. It may be useful for people with thinned out donors from FUE who pushed it too far as well. Earliest time though is late 2015 but most likely 2016.
    Well if this is true, then it would be a cure. I was just wondering if it would be a problem since the donor area would eventually thin. I was trying to think how DHT would play into this. Since the cells are taken from the donor, I figured your "new" hair would grow out thin as well but if you can repeat this and continue add density, I guess the problem is fixed.

Please don't say 2016 FDR. Let's hope it's sooner.

If only we could meet the guy who got the injection Decī10... Nearly 1year after he would probably have some things to say I wonder if right now he knows for sure: "****, this thing works!"

Quote Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
    If only we could meet the guy who got the injection Decī10... Nearly 1year after he would probably have some things to say I wonder if right now he knows for sure: "****, this thing works!"
    We should stitch one of them, haha.