+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by sufcfed View Post
    I just dont like the idea of staying on a med the rest of my life
    Most people don't. I don't like it either. However the thought of going through life as a bald lady is a much worse fate to me.

You say atleast a year on to see if theres any imrovement, well how long would it take for propecia to kinda kick in? ie if i start taking now will i still see a few months where im gonna receed more (which then wont come back?)
    I can only tell you what I can read about Propecia (or generic Finasteride). The information states that the medication starts blocking the hormone that causes hereditary hair loss almost right away. However, it takes a long time for the effects to be visible and appreciable. Treating hair loss takes a long time.

Concerning hair that has been lost, depending on how long it has been lost, it may come back. The longer it has been gone, the less likely it is to come back. More recent loss can come back but there are no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Most people don't. I don't like it either. However the thought of going through life as a bald lady is a much worse fate to me.

I can only tell you what I can read about Propecia (or generic Finasteride). The information states that the medication starts blocking the hormone that causes hereditary hair loss almost right away. However, it takes a long time for the effects to be visible and appreciable. Treating hair loss takes a long time.

Concerning hair that has been lost, depending on how long it has been lost, it may come back. The longer it has been gone, the less likely it is to come back. More recent loss can come back but there are no guarantees.

Thanks for your replies Tracy they are much appreciated.

Ok so do I just try to order propecia online? If so where from?????

Ok so do I just try to order propecia online? If so where from?????
    First you need to get a prescription from a doctor. I would recommend seeing a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. Here is a web page to help you find a good one:

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

You can save a lot of money by asking the doctor to write the script for generic 5mg Finasteride then use a pill splitter to cut the pills into four pieces to make your daily dose.

Once you have your prescription, you can get the medicine at your local pharmacy.

Don't forget to ask the doctor or your pharmacist about Rogaine/Regaine (or generic Minoxidil) and Nizoral.

Default 5mg Finasteride

generally how much does it cost to fill a script for generic 5mg Finasteride?

Check with your local pharmacy. Many have lists of generics at reduced prices. I usually see Finasteride on that list. I get my spiro at Walmart's pharmacy because spiro is on Walmart's list of reduced price generics.

Hey Dan, from looking at your pic I dont think your hairloss is that bad. Not to say you shouldnt do anything about it, but you gotta stop yourself from stressing too much about the hair. As you said on the first post, stress is only going to make it worse.

Im 25 too. Noticed my hair start receding for about a year now. I have been suffering from depressison since high school, and knowing my hair is receding doesnt help. I think the stress definitely help jump start the hairloss in some way. So now I do my best not to worry about my hair loss to much. Knowing that I would lose even more hair from stressing too much about it kinda keeps me from doing it.

Anyhow I really dont think your hair looks that bad at all. Stop worry too much about it, and best of luck to you man.