Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejj
    • Dec 2010

Scar Repair 1032 beard hair grafts Dr Bisanga

Dr Bisanga at BHR , grafted 1032 beard hairs into my strip scars . Punch size used was .8mm manual punch ,extractions have healed incredibly fast ! Im fortunate to have a thick beard and hope to do more work later in the year , pictures are prior ,during and 6 months later

regards

ejj
  • Still-Researching
    • Feb 2010

Looks promising. Any reasons why not going for normal FUE with donor areas around the scar? Will you use this donor hair for coverage somewhere else?

Good luck.

Comment

• ejj
      • Dec 2010

Hi Still Researching

Thanks for your comments . Ive had eight prior strip procedures with various outcomes ,therefore my donor is pretty shot at really . Dr Bisanga didnt want to deplete the ` traditional` donor area any further .

Future donor areas would be sideburn area and more beard as im lucky to have a thick beard to repair the damage done by strip . The area grafted is my worst area so we hit that first , hope to get more growth over the coming months

All the best with the research

Ejj

Comment

• JustTheTip
        • Nov 2011

It looks like it's coming along quite well as there is a noticeable and dramatic improvement. I can't wait to see the final result. Considering where you started from, I imagine that you must be very pleased now...

Comment

• ejj
          • Dec 2010

Picture today at nearly 7 months post op , thanks for the comments and support very much appreciated

cheers
          ejj

Comment

• ejj
            • Dec 2010

update 3rd Jan all ok !

ejj

Comment

• ejj
              • Dec 2010

picture is post op and 10 months later

regards

ejj

Comment

• skotya
                • Dec 2010

ejj,

Would you mind sharing the donor area pic and how does it feel and look like now ?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Comment

• ejj
                  • Dec 2010

Hi Skotya

This is a couple of months ago , will update all pictures in May as going back in for a second procedure of beard grafting to repair scars on the other side .

Healing was extremely fast , all feels normal cant tell Ive had any removed , no visible marks at all

hope this helps

ejj

Comment

• ejj
                    • Dec 2010

second repair procedure is tommorrow, will update pictures in the week , plan is, to graft 1000 beard, into the huge strip scars from former procedures, on my left side and rear of my head

regards
                    ejj

Comment

• Winston
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ejj
                      second repair procedure is tommorrow, will update pictures in the week , plan is, to graft 1000 beard, into the huge strip scars from former procedures, on my left side and rear of my head

regards
                      ejj
                      Best of luck ejj. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Comment

• Spex
                        Dr Representative
                        • Nov 2008

Best of luck today.
                        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• ejj
                          • Dec 2010

before first procedure picture 1 , picture 2 is 12 months after , pic 3 is after second procedure of 1000 beard into prior poor strip scars

Growth is pretty good ,and hairs are still breaking through , an even density has been achieved throughout the huge hairless scarred area , the angulation and direction matches the surrounding hair perfectly , Dr Bisanga used a .8mm manual punch and as before healing has been extremly quick , many thanks to all at BHR for the care i have recieved and continue to recieve , now for the long wait !

regards

ejj

Comment

• Folly
                            • Nov 2011

Hi ejj,

congrats on your repair. Massive improvement.

Sorry, but i'm not aware of your story as to how you ended up with a scar like that. Can you fill me in please? That's a really shocking scar and i don't think i've ever seen one that big. I'm assuming your a victim of 'pre-historic' HT techniques.

I'm glad your repair is going well. Good luck.

Comment

• ejj
                              • Dec 2010

Hi Folly

Thanks for your well wishes , I find the search function on the forum a valuable aid for conducting research .

The main scar the largest was courtesy of a ` Clinic in Greece ` were they stated they performed FUE and used a ` state of the art choi implanter pen,` however ` when i was in the chair they proceded to take two strips either side of my head , the one pictured is the one that stretched the most , none of the grafted hair grew and i was left with this huge scar .

The latest techniques as in modern, sometimes are not what they are cracked up to be , i can understand anyone thinking my result is due to " pre historic" techniques but this is not the case . I believe my situation was made worse by certain ` healing aids `......

Dr Bisanga achieved this result with a .8mm manual punch , i have had now over 2000 beard hairs extracted from my face with no visible marks ...

" No Replicell , Acell , Scribes , Plucked Hair ,Automatic punch oscillating one way, then the other ,or Arty the robot with the huge 1.4 mm punch were used to harm my follicles during this procedure "

Regards

Ejj
                              Last edited by ejj; 05-12-2012, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...