+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cygenx

Thumbs up cygenx

well guys i own up i am using the above as i have had pm to me i thought its no secret,i did use the old A&G formula now i am trialing the advanced formula.
    I did get a discount from dr ahmed instead of dr leatherman who would not give me a discount.
    I have noticed that on the cygenix site they now have a 30ml spray bottle that should last up to 5 months,i have the 6ml small bottles and a syringe to apply only 0.4mls every other day and a scalp roller.
    The reason i did not want to post yet is i wanted to use for the 5 months and assess results if any so not to let any of you waste there money.
    I do have some small amount of very fine hairs coming through of a complete bald frontal area but its still too early to say too much yet.

And are you growing hair so far ?

thanks

hi brady i think its too soon to say i will keep you informed as i am still sceptical.

Why was this junk put under "Cutting Edge/Future Treatments"?

This junk is a scam. Nothing more. It is an over priced bottle of empty promises.

I agree... I would not buy it... Sorry...

thanx

are there stuff that realy help
    new here

and i am from belgium so my writing can have a lot of mistakes
    so ...

Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    are there stuff that realy help
    new here
    The only products that work to treat hair loss are:

Rogaine - or generic Minoxidil.

Propecia - or generic Finasteride (for men)

Anti-androgens (for women)

Low level laser therapy

These treatments above do not work for everyone. Some people will get results from one or more of these treatments, while others will not get any results from any of these treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The only products that work to treat hair loss are:

Rogaine - or generic Minoxidil.

Propecia - or generic Finasteride (for men)

Anti-androgens (for women)

Low level laser therapy

These treatments above do not work for everyone. Some people will get results from one or more of these treatments, while others will not get any results from any of these treatments.
    Minoxidil and finasteride are the only F.D.A.-approved drug-treatments for androgenic alopecia; that's not to say they're the only ones that work. For instance, dutasteride is effective, but its prescription against hairloss remains (2011) only off-label.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    Minoxidil and finasteride are the only F.D.A.-approved drug-treatments for androgenic alopecia; that's not to say they're the only ones that work. For instance, dutasteride is effective, but its prescription against hairloss remains (2011) only off-label.
    Isnt Dustaride the same kind of thing as propecia but stronger? I've read that if you have sexual side effects from Propecia you're going to be screwed using Dustaride.

Im thinking that the Latisse eyebrow stuff will be awesome if it work for head hair. From what I've read that also works but that isnt approved yet.

Replicel is great if you have a balding pet mouse. If you are interested in cutting edge treatments the first to market will be Aderans and Histogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Isnt Dustaride the same kind of thing as propecia but stronger? I've read that if you have sexual side effects from Propecia you're going to be screwed using Dustaride.

Im thinking that the Latisse eyebrow stuff will be awesome if it work for head hair. From what I've read that also works but that isnt approved yet.

Replicel is great if you have a balding pet mouse. If you are interested in cutting edge treatments the first to market will be Aderans and Histogen.
    Both finasteride and dutasteride inhibit the same enzyme, but the latter does not have F.D.A.-approval to treat hairloss. That's my point — not everything that works is necesarily approved by the F.D.A. to be used.

At this point, I don't think anyone has basis on which to be very excited about any in-the-works treatment; this includes Aderans, Histogen's H.S.C., and RepliCel. There's a possibility any of these will be beneficial, but, at least until near the end of the first quarter of 2012, anything a person expresses is founded only on hope.

As for prostaglandin analogues such as bimatoprost (Latisse) and latanoprost, they do seem to be great at fostering eyelash growth, but I've yet to hear a single success-story in their use against scalp-baldness. A study was published, earlier in 2011, of latanoprost's application in getting hair to grow in a species of monkey, but not only was this a monkey, but results were underwhelming with a concentration 10X that found in a current prescription of the compound. Maybe something will work out, but, myself, I don't believe this road will lead to a brilliant result.