+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan137 View Post
    But i came across a forum hairloss-research, and i think they are in more able to find something like permanent treatment in nearest future than those.
    I may have found a different site than you are talking about, but what I see on the site that I found is nothing new. Nothing revolutionary. Nothing that is any more effective than any other treatment currently available.

The only thing on the site I found that I agree is helpful is to take a multi-treatment approach. I understand many males only want to deal with just one treatment and leave it at that. Women seem to be much more accepting of the fact that a multi-treatment approach is needed. You need to fight hair loss from the inside out and from the outside in.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan137 View Post
    Guys, it is very hopeful that there are many treatments (or cure maybe) coming in next years. Aderans, Histogen and Replicel. But i came across a forum hairloss-research, and i think they are in more able to find something like permanent treatment in nearest future than those. And one issue there, it is not clear whether it is for AA or only for stress-related hairloss. Someone knows about it ?
    That is the site for the Astressin-B research team. You can look at the Astressin-B posts on this forum and see we have discussing it a lot already!

Basically the treatment if it works wouldn't likely be permanent but if it works on AGA it could be very useful treatment. Unfortunately at this stage it still has not entered any human trials for hairloss so is unlikely to come out earlier than the stem cell treatments unless they run into problems.

Thanks a lot, now i am reading posts about astressin b from previous threads

Tracy, why didn't you wear a wig all those years? I imagine they're more convincing than hair pieces for men.

I did, but it isn't my hair. I could never get comfortable with the thought of being out and about with hair that isn't mine. At least now I can wear a pull through if I want. Those are significantly better on your sense of self because they integrate with your own hair.

Hi. I'm new here and am wondering how the Replicel procedure will work for women, as we don't have DHT-resistant follicles, just across the board thinning and miniaturization. If they take some of my follicles, would I just end up with denser crap-quality hair all over my head? Granted, I'd take it, but I'd take anything...

Inactive

Thats a question nobody can answer for sure i am afraid. But actually i am not looking at womens hair loss cause i got a nose fetish, if a woman has a long nose i would cut my arm off for her :-) the rest doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Hi. I'm new here and am wondering how the Replicel procedure will work for women, as we don't have DHT-resistant follicles, just across the board thinning and miniaturization.
    Actually, many women do have a stable zone of DHT resistant follicles. You need a complete work up to determine if you have a stable zone.

Replicel has stated that they believe their treatment will be a sound treatment for women suffering with hair loss. I am very hopeful since androgenetic hair loss runs so strong for both males and females on my mothers side of the family. My sister and I are affected, as are my cousins on my mothers side.

Here is a youtube video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8kMghojZw4