Threaded View

Default Help please! Strip transplant good idea?

i'd really appreciate any help/advice i can get. I've been suffering from hairloss since i was about 23, and i'm 34 now. I was on propecia for nearly a year about 8 or 9 years ago, but decided to come off it as i had pain in my testicles - can't remember if the pain was caused by the propecia use but i associated it with its use so i stopped taking the drug.
    I had a consultation in bangkok, thailand with dr prath at the start of the year, he said i had v.good donar density and said how many grafts i got (he only does FUT) would depend on me, but i could get somewhere in the region of 4-5,000. I'm concerned with the side of my head and the back - as can be seen in the pictures i am losing the hair on the right side of my head and also at the back a little. As the hair to be transpanted comes from these regions, wouldn't the fact that it's thinning there reduce the success rate of the transplant?
    what kind of success can i expect from a transplant? Is strip surgery the best for me as I have a large area to cover, I don't wear my hair short, and due to the more reasonable cost?
    I read that you should go on propecia at least 6 months BEFORE surgery? Is this true? I hope to either have the transplant feb-april 2012, or if not then it would have to be the following year at the same time. shoud i start propecia now, 4 months before the possible transplant, or wait another year whilst being on propecia?
    i'd like to do it the transpant this winter and get it over with - hairloss is sucking the life out of me!!
    what kind of hair could i reasonably expect to have after the transplanted hair has grown in, as can be seen in the picture, when i brush it all forward and spray it down with A LOT of hairspray, it looks ok, but it can be pulled apart revealing the bald scalp . i don't want to be able to pull it apart and reveal the bald scalp.....i'm less concerned with temples receding and lowering the hair line....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 020.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	12023   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 009.jpg

Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	12024   Click image for larger version

Name:	SIDE.jpg

Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	12025   Click image for larger version

Name:	HAIR BACK.jpg

Size:	36.3 KB