+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nioxin Foam

Default Nioxin Foam

My aunt got me some of this stuff saying her friend told her that it worked wonders for her husband. I started using and began to shed like crazy. I'm currently using rogaine so I was wondering if anybody had any luck with the nioxin foam?

Shedding is a normal part of treating hair loss. The weaker hairs need to shed out of the way so stronger hairs can grow in their place. The shedding stops once the weakened hair follicles have returned to almost normal.

I could not find the ingredients of Nioxin foam. But if the active ingredient is not Minoxidil, it is just another over priced snake oil. Most Nioxin products are simply cover-ups that don’t actually do anything meaningful as far as teating hair loss goes.

I believe Nioxin helped a lot at least for me to halt my hair loss.

Can you provide a list of the ingredients from the Nioxin products you are using.

I am not going to waste my own money on products that have no legitimate proof that they actually treat hair loss. All I see is that they cover up the problem so it is less noticable. That is not the same thing as treating the problem. Since you already have the products, I am asking you for the ingredients.

Default Nioxin

I have some, it doesn't say the ingredients but it says it helps remove sebum in three languages. I have an older bottle that says it removed DHT.

Ingredients of older bottle;

AQUAWATER, TEA-LAURYL, SULFATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HONEY, COCAMIDE MEA, ALOE BARB..., PEG-150,DISTEARATE, PANTHENOL, GLOCOPROTIENS, POLYSORBATE-60, "" 80, CYSTINE, BIS-PG-PROPYL, , SILANETROL, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, ACETAMIDE MEA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, COENZYME A, "" 85, ""B6, ""R, ''''THIAMINE, ACHILEA MILLEFOLIUM, ANTHEMIS NOBLIX, CAMELLIA SINENSIS, CITRIS GRANDIS, DIOSCOREA VILLOSA, EQUISEIUM ARVENSE, HUMULUS LUPULUS, MELISSA OFFICIANALIS, MENTHA PIPERITA, PRUNUS AFRICANA, ROSMARINUS OFFICIANALUS, SALVIA OFFICIANALUS, SERENOA SERRULATA, THYMUS VULGARUS, URTICA DIOICA, TOCOPHERL, SACHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT, SACCHAROMYCES/ IRON FERMENT, ''/MAGNESIUM GERMENT, ''/SILICON FERMENT,''ZINC FERMENT, PEG-90M, BIOTIN, NIACIN, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, c.i. 42090/bLUE 1

It's an over priced bottle of empty promises.

I agree. My rule of thumb is that if a product has more than 20 ingredients, it won't work as promised.