Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coffee
    • Feb 2011

Questions about Dutasteride?

I was taking Propecia at 27 and was on it for about 2 years. For some reason, I started to develop an allergy to it. I started slowly breaking out in hives and have no I idea what it was. As I lowered the dose or skipped it a couple days, the hives would go away. I decided to stop taking it and I went about a year without doing anything. Im 31 now and I’ve noticed a very quick progression in loss. I went to a HT surgeon in New York and I described my allergy to propecia and he prescribed me Dutasteride. When I went to fill my prescription for it the other day, the pharmacist called me up with an attitude. She asked me if I was having an allergy to finasteride that I shouldn’t be on Dutasteride. Is there finasteride in Dutasteride. Could I have the same allergy from Dutasteride or are there differences in both? I know they are from the same family but why would the HT Doc prescribe it. I didn’t call and ask him yet but I was just curious what input I could get from this forum. Thanks.
  • TheDude
    • Oct 2010

I have no input on this except to say that i think its interesting that your HT doc jst right off the bat prescribed you dust.

I thought people were quiet wary of taking the drug but your HT doc doesn't seem to think so..

I had a similar skin reaction i think emanating from propecia but i got on with life and over time it seemed to go and come but with less intensity..

good luck

Comment

Working...