+ Reply to Thread

Default Surely it should be easier to prevent hair loss?

you hear people say prevention is better than cure.

I am more worried about androgenic alopecia since its pretty much in my genes from both of parents' sides of the family.

so as for hair loss, are there any prevention strategies that are in place?

As I understand it, it is easier to prevent hair loss than it is to reverse it once it has happened. The preventative treatments available are certainly not perfect but they are better than nothing at all. Not too long ago, there was nothing anyone could do to prevent hair loss. There wasn't anything anyone could do to reverse it either.

Both male and female patterned baldness runs strong in my family - and my sister and I are definitely affected. It is just awful. Being the older of the two of us, my hair loss is much farther along than my sisters. However, I am sharing every bit of the information I learn as I am treating my hair loss so hopefully she will be able to prevent losing as much as I have.

The key to success in preventing and possibly reversing hair loss is to treat the problem as soon as you notice it. Once hair follicles have gone dormant, they can only remain dormant for a few years before they die. Blocking the hormone that is causing the hair follicles to shrink and become dormant and then die is vitally important. Dormant hair follicles can be restarted with stimulation. Dead hair follicles can never grow hair ever again. So the sooner treatment is started the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    As I understand it, it is easier to prevent hair loss than it is to reverse it once it has happened. The preventative treatments available are certainly not perfect but they are better than nothing at all. Not too long ago, there was nothing anyone could do to prevent hair loss. There wasn't anything anyone could do to reverse it either.

Both male and female patterned baldness runs strong in my family - and my sister and I are definitely affected. It is just awful. Being the older of the two of us, my hair loss is much farther along than my sisters. However, I am sharing every bit of the information I learn as I am treating my hair loss so hopefully she will be able to prevent losing as much as I have.

The key to success in preventing and possibly reversing hair loss is to treat the problem as soon as you notice it. Once hair follicles have gone dormant, they can only remain dormant for a few years before they die. Blocking the hormone that is causing the hair follicles to shrink and become dormant and then die is vitally important. Dormant hair follicles can be restarted with stimulation. Dead hair follicles can never grow hair ever again. So the sooner treatment is started the better.
    We're with you, sister! (Sorry to get all communal about it but for some reason your story affected me.)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by n33b View Post
    you hear people say prevention is better than cure.

I am more worried about androgenic alopecia since its pretty much in my genes from both of parents' sides of the family.

so as for hair loss, are there any prevention strategies that are in place?
    Preventing Hair Loss is easy. Thats right I said it, its easy.

1. Don't ejaculate too often once or twice a week is good but better would be no more then once every week or soo.
    2. Eat a well balanced diet
    3. Exercise (brisk walk, light jog)
    4. Make sure that when you lift your eyebrows your entire scalp moves if it does not then its too tight and you need to do laxity exercises.

The end

I have read some pretty hokey things about preventing hair loss - but that is the strangest line of BS I have ever read.

The diet and exercise part is true though.

Quote Originally Posted by BackwardsBalding View Post
    Preventing Hair Loss is easy. Thats right I said it, its easy.

1. Don't ejaculate too often once or twice a week is good but better would be no more then once every week or soo.
    2. Eat a well balanced diet
    3. Exercise (brisk walk, light jog)
    4. Make sure that when you lift your eyebrows your entire scalp moves if it does not then its too tight and you need to do laxity exercises.

The end
    Just because #1 and #4 worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for others. Besides that, they sound pretty far fetched...