+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Last Stand

Default The Last Stand

Ok so im basically on everything thats actually proven to do anything in the hair loss industry (yeah i know, not much)...

Propecia = 5yrs
    Minox = 11% 5yrs
    Keto shampoo = just over a yr
    Lysine = 2 months (told it slows shedding but don't really see any affect)

So problem is, over the past yr propecia (and probably minox) has lost its effectiveness.

Im thinning in the right temple, quiet extensively by now. In addition my left temple is starting to show signs of giving up the fight and the side of my head strangely enough is showing hair loss.

You really can't see that im balding.. YET! this is due to the fact that the thinning is isolated and the hair around it is still decently thick but its almost like a virus that starts out small and then just increases in size..

I've tried increasing my dose but thats had no effect so to me the only options i have left are either:

1. let nature take its course or
    2. move onto avodart

Im so worried about the side effects of avodart that i've stayed well clear, i really don't want to risk any permanent side effects but the thought of losing my hair at such a young age makes me desperate and i've started to re-think the matter..

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this matter or any experience with this situation or with avodart?

Ultimately what i've learnt so far in this industry is that its just a matter of time, a matter of time before a cure comes round but also, a matter of time before baldness sets in..

Did you experience side effects with finasteride?

Permanent side effects are a big gamble - it's as simple as that. I foolishly took the gamble and i lost. Consequently my life has been destroyed. I think that being very ugly and losing your hair with a poor head shape is a terrible hand to be dealt but serious sexual problems and cognitive difficulties at a young age probably top even that. Plus i am still going bald anyway, ha ha.

Finasteride alters hormone profiles to be the same as 5AR2 deficient pseudohermaphrodites - that is a person whose external sex organs look intermediate between the typical clitoris or penis (google it)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... ds=1689740

I assume you know how the drug was discovered?

There was a study on 'pseudo-hemaphrodites' in the Dominican Republic by Jennifer Imperato-Mcginley in 1974 which noted that they had smaller prostates and no hairloss. Merck realised formulating this could cash in on treating BPH and also of course hairloss and make $$$$. Never mind that these genetic freaks were raised as girls until their balls dropped at age 12, and had micropenises.

Finasteride also causes cell death and atrophy of the prostate

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/81/2/814.abstract

Below are some videos that cover the issue of persistent side effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ3-t7vJeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqDkI37CcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXWVTStnHs

I assume you have seen the suicide story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXxUpiExMtQ

Have you visited Merck's official propecia.com website recently? they have taken the site down and replaced it with a large side effects warning and a link to report adverse side effects to the FDA. I wonder why? oh, maybe it has something to dow the numerous lawsuits that are being held against them for sexually decimating thousands of men.

http://propecia.com/sitedown.html

Merck were allowed to get away with killing over 60,000 people with Vioxx, so i doubt they even care about what they are doing with finasteride.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6192603/...usands-deaths/

I hope all of this information helps you to make an informed decision on using anymore 5 AR inhibitors including dutasteride

That doesn't address the question that was asked. He's already been on Fin for 5 years.

The fact that anyone would want to get on Propecia in sight of this evidence is just...sad.

As for you little dude, **** Avodart. It'll ruin you further and maybe just slow down your loss. If it's coming, it's coming. So man up and either shave your head, or settle for a short style and toppik until it becomes impossible to hide the loss.

It's a bitch but there really is no effective treatment at the moment. Some slowdowns such as minox and keto, but even they are just that: slowdowns. They are not tickets out or miracle potions. If Avodart could restore NW1 hair, I'd say, fine, sacrifice your balls for your hair. But are a few wisps here and ther worth your manhood?

I think not.

Did propeciavictim change his name to SBTRKT ?

Anyway, I was on Dut for a year and half and never experienced a damn thing. Did it do anything for my hair ? Probably not because I didn't really see any difference in my hair. So I switched back to Fin.

He did not. I am just another finasteride victim that spends some of his time raising awareness on hair loss forums.

As hard as it is for me to believe that a man can take dutasteride and suffer no side effects, i do believe you. The OP should take into consideration that in reality, some men probably don't suffer any major side effects. The risk is certainly higher than most would believe though.

You are pissing around with DHT - the most powerful hormone in the male body.

Funnily enough, i never actually suffered any MAJOR side effects ON the drug but when i came off. Wow - life ruined.

I'm glad there's people like SBTRKT posting frankly - cos every time i think of gettin on Fin - they put me off.

I am glad that at least some people appreciate it. I mean look, i can understand that hair loss is a cruel thing to happen. I remember when i browsed these hair loss forums and i was down about my hair - i would do anything to convince myself that the treatments available (fin and minox) were perfectly safe and side effects were rare.

When i was ON the drug i got aching balls, watery semen and at one point a very severe pain in my liver/ kidney area after a few drinks the night i upped my dose to 1 mg. That was the turning point for me and suddenly, this little pill that i was buying off the internet was getting serious. I quit and went back on a number of times. Sometimes i would wake up, hate my shaven head/ balding and go and pop some finasteride. I called it quits OFFICIALLY after a very short last run of the stuff when a doctor advised me that anti androgens are bad for men (duh - i should of done my research and known that anti androgens = chemical castration).

Unfortunately i think this last run of finasteride was the one that screwed me up for good. 4 weeks after quitting i came back to my hotel after a lovely evening on holiday, felt very lethargic and tired - woke up the next day with no morning wood and i could barely feel my penis. I didn't feel real at all. Crazy constipation, i couldn't feel myself urinate. A few days later i found propeciahelp.com and realized that the same thing has happened to thousands of men. I could not accept that these side effects occurred OFF the drug but now after 2 years i have to accept it.

Let me tell you now that if i could get better in the next year or even two years i would not be bitter. I just want my health back or some signs that i will get it back. This whole ordeal has taught me a hard lesson about vanity and if the side effects would go away soon it could potentially make my life more meaningful in the future. Honestly, you cannot imagine what it's like to have your sexuality taken from you - a low sex drive was completely foreign to me. If a girl wanted action - i would go all night, again and again. I can't even recall a case where i didn't have sex with a girl NUMEROUS times if they were with me for a whole night before finasteride.

I am being real here guys. I know you think that this shit won't happen to you but it happened to me - so i am damn sure it can happen to anyone else.

I am glad that at least some people appreciate it. I mean look, i can understand that hair loss is a cruel thing to happen. I remember when i browsed these hair loss forums and i was down about my hair - i would do anything to convince myself that the treatments available (fin and minox) were perfectly safe and side effects were rare.

When i was ON the drug i got aching balls, watery semen and at one point a very severe pain in my liver/ kidney area after a few drinks the night i upped my dose to 1 mg. That was the turning point for me and suddenly, this little pill that i was buying off the internet was getting serious. I quit and went back on a number of times. Sometimes i would wake up, hate my shaven head/ balding and go and pop some finasteride. I called it quits OFFICIALLY after a very short last run of the stuff when a doctor advised me that anti androgens are bad for men (duh - i should of done my research and known that anti androgens = chemical castration).

Just after i quit i had a stupidly high sex drive. I was having sex and masturbating well over 6 times daily. This must have been DHT returning. However i think this last run of finasteride was the one that screwed me up for good. 4 weeks after quitting the high sex drive died down - i came back to my hotel after a lovely evening on holiday, felt very lethargic and tired, woke up the next day with no morning wood and i could barely feel my penis. I didn't feel real at all. Crazy constipation, i couldn't feel myself urinate. A few days later i found propeciahelp.com and realized that the same thing has happened to thousands of men. I could not accept that these side effects occurred OFF the drug but now after 2 years i have to accept it.

Let me tell you now that if i could get better in the next year or even two years i would not be bitter. I just want my health back or some signs that i will get it back. This whole ordeal has taught me a hard lesson about vanity and if the side effects would go away soon it could potentially make my life more meaningful in the future. Honestly, you cannot imagine what it's like to have your sexuality taken from you - a low sex drive was completely foreign to me. If a girl wanted action - i would go all night, again and again. I can't even recall a case where i didn't have sex with a girl NUMEROUS times if they were with me for a whole night before finasteride. It was usually; go up to my room, put a film on, have sex numerous times and miss the film. Same thing throughout the night and in the morning.

Now? nothing. I could go all year without sex. I have had to deal with some incredibly embarrassing situations with numerous women since i crashed. A couple of them actually loved my grade 0 shaven head too. Ironic or what?

I am being real here guys. I know you think that this shit won't happen to you but it happened to me - so i am damn sure it can happen to anyone else. I have met other victims within the UK in person. Perfectly normal guys that have good jobs, girlfriends, lots of friends, successful careers and yet now face serious depression and often suicidal thoughts as a results of what finasteride has done. I suppose there are worse things that can happen but when my cognitive symptoms and sleep disturbances get bad i just really want to die.

ANYONE CONSIDERING USING FINASTERIDE OR DUTASTERIDE SHOULD VIEW PROPECIAHELP.COM SO THAT AT LEAST YOU CAN SEE WHAT KIND OF THINGS HAPPEN IF IT GOES WRONG FOR YOU.