+ Reply to Thread

Default I'm only 19 and im going bald at the crown.

Hi fellow friends,

I am here today because i'm desperate and depressed about my situation.Ever since I had my ets surgery, I have been suffering from many side effects including cs,frey and others.The one that is really causing me to be really depressed and feelling like giving up my life is my hair loss. I'm only 19 and I am losing all of my hair from the crown of my head where my dad and my brother have no hair loss-my dad only when he was in his 40s.

Ets surgery is actually a surgery for sweaty palms and im 19 and going bald. I'm losing my hair from ONLY the crown of head when I bathe and my crown area is going bald. I really don't know what to do, I have been using regaine a minoxidil solution and I went to see a dermatologist. But really she just instant diagnosed with that common male pattern baldness? But how can it be my brother has no problem with his hair? And my dad? He only started losing hair when he was in his 40s. I have a strong feeling that my surgery is causing this as it is stated in one of it's side effect?
    Can anyone help me please, i am begging you. I need some guidance from anywhere. Thank you so much in advnace really,

Yours faithfully,
    A****L

The gene for MPB could be coming from anyone in your family, mother's side or father's side, and does not have to visually manifest in your parents. It can be from your grandparents or even further back.

I am not up to date on ETS surgery and it's side effects but you should speak to your doctor about finasteride (Propecia) and may get a prescription for it. I too was thinning as a teenager, at 17, and know how devastating it can be but if you nip it in the bud with Propecia, with your doctor's blessing, then you might be fine in the long run.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    The gene for MPB could be coming from anyone in your family, mother's side or father's side, and does not have to visually manifest in your parents. It can be from your grandparents or even further back.

I am not up to date on ETS surgery and it's side effects but you should speak to your doctor about finasteride (Propecia) and may get a prescription for it. I too was thinning as a teenager, at 17, and know how devastating it can be but if you nip it in the bud with Propecia, with your doctor's blessing, then you might be fine in the long run.
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    Oh really I really hope its from ETS surgery instead of that.I mean i have been using regaine for about a month now but nothing seems to be improving . For eample everytime I bath I would lose at least 30 strands of hair and the problem is . Its only coming off the crown casue it's only when i brush my hands across my crown hair falls off...and is there any other doctor I coudl go to actually run some tests either than a derm???? thank you =)

Some things...

First and formost, this could be temporary hair loss caused by having surgey - any surgery... If that is the case, it will resolve on it's own - but this will take time. Recovering from hair loss is not quick. It is slow... Painfully slow...

If any of your blood relatives have male or female patterned hair loss, you can inherit that condition too. Your age does not matter. It just is what it is and that all there is to it.

One month is not long enough to determine if Rogain (Minoxidil) is working. It takes four full months before you will know if Minoxidil will work for you - and at least 12 full months to determine how well Minoxidil is working for you. Recovering from hair loss is not quick. It is slow... Painfully slow...

You should seek out a dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Some things...

First and formost, this could be temporary hair loss caused by having surgey - any surgery... If that is the case, it will resolve on it's own - but this will take time. Recovering from hair loss is not quick. It is slow... Painfully slow...

If any of your blood relatives have male or female patterned hair loss, you can inherit that condition too. Your age does not matter. It just is what it is and that all there is to it.

One month is not long enough to determine if Rogain (Minoxidil) is working. It takes four full months before you will know if Minoxidil will work for you - and at least 12 full months to determine how well Minoxidil is working for you. Recovering from hair loss is not quick. It is slow... Painfully slow...

You should seek out a dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss.
    But I had surgery like almost 2 years ago!!
    So i shouldn't like look for any other doctors right? Also i forgot to mention that I work out a lot and drink quite a lot of protein shakes everyday.....Thank you for your reply =)

Quote Originally Posted by pressurizedmuch View Post
    So i shouldn't like look for any other doctors right?
    I do not understand how you came to that conclusion. If your hair loss bothers you, you should seek out a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

It is pretty obvious if you have male pattern baldness. If your dad went bald around 40 or any other relatives went bald then there is every chance that you just caught the gene early.

If you want to maintain your hair then an anti androgen such as finasteride or dutasteride are the best options. However, you do risk permanent chemical castration.