+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Didnt mean to stir up any bickering and I suppose i should of clarified that the hype for "potential" results is primarily from the hair loss community.

My question was more have ever been this "seemingly" close? I realize that there is no official human evidence yet but I am wrong to be a bit excited about the potential?

Inactive

Well thats debatable but to be honest i think that they already tested a lot of stuff on human.

In one interview with SK there was one Replicel guy who had one minor thing slipped over his tongue

"The results on humans... ahhh mice were good so far"

Its like this 9/11 thing " Well yeah when a missile hits the Pentagon i mean an airplane"

It would definitely not surprise me if they tried it on humans before they began clinical trials. After all, if they can determine if it works or not off the records they either know it's not going to work and can scrap the project and save a lot of time and money, or they know it's got a lot of potential and can move forward with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    Didnt mean to stir up any bickering and I suppose i should of clarified that the hype for "potential" results is primarily from the hair loss community.

My question was more have ever been this "seemingly" close? I realize that there is no official human evidence yet but I am wrong to be a bit excited about the potential?
    yeh sorry if it sounded like i was being harsh. We are all in the same boat here and I think we all hope for the best. They are probably pretty sure in terms of whether it works on humans, since ARI threw more than 100 million dollars into it =P

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post

No worries, Dawkins tend to go wild some time. There are some real stuff coming down pipeline. Lets just say if Spencer is confident then I am also confident

Inactive

Btw didnt spencer promise to give us an IHRS update? :-)

Default Aderans Info

I know this is a couple of weeks old but I didn't see anyone post it on here so thought it might be of some interest.

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 20, 2011

Aderans Research reached a major milestone in its hair restoration studies recently when the company enrolled its 300th subject in Phase 2 of its clinical trial. With a goal of at least 350 subjects, Aderans is well on its way to expanding industry knowledge about cell-based engineering solutions for pattern hair loss.

“We will continue to evaluate various combinations of the Ji Gami™ cell family in clinical treatment regimens,” said Chief Executive Officer Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D.

“The results are very encouraging thus far, and we’re on course to finish Phase 2 next year,” added Vern Liebmann, Chief Operating Officer.

Launched in November 2008, Phase 2 is being conducted across the United States and is open to select individuals who suffer from androgenetic alopecia. Aderans continues to recruit subjects; visit http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html for current locations.

In another landmark, Aderans recently patented (U.S. # 7,985,537) and trademarked its proprietary laboratory test, Aderans HPA™, developed to discern and assess cell formulations in terms of their hair-forming ability. “This unique test can effectively detect cells that produce hair follicles,” said Kurt Stenn, MD, Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. “It is a standard in the industry.”

It is ARI’s hope that its state-of-the-art cell engineering solutions will both positively impact those in the study and set an example for the industry as a whole.

Good to know that they appear to be progressing and that they state they are on track to finish phase II next year. It's also interesting to read about their lab test for assessing the hair forming ability of different formulations - sounds like a useful tool for the hair restoration community to have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I know this is a couple of weeks old but I didn't see anyone post it on here so thought it might be of some interest.

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 20, 2011

Aderans Research reached a major milestone in its hair restoration studies recently when the company enrolled its 300th subject in Phase 2 of its clinical trial. With a goal of at least 350 subjects, Aderans is well on its way to expanding industry knowledge about cell-based engineering solutions for pattern hair loss.

“We will continue to evaluate various combinations of the Ji Gami™ cell family in clinical treatment regimens,” said Chief Executive Officer Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D.

“The results are very encouraging thus far, and we’re on course to finish Phase 2 next year,” added Vern Liebmann, Chief Operating Officer.

Launched in November 2008, Phase 2 is being conducted across the United States and is open to select individuals who suffer from androgenetic alopecia. Aderans continues to recruit subjects; visit http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html for current locations.

In another landmark, Aderans recently patented (U.S. # 7,985,537) and trademarked its proprietary laboratory test, Aderans HPA™, developed to discern and assess cell formulations in terms of their hair-forming ability. “This unique test can effectively detect cells that produce hair follicles,” said Kurt Stenn, MD, Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. “It is a standard in the industry.”

It is ARI’s hope that its state-of-the-art cell engineering solutions will both positively impact those in the study and set an example for the industry as a whole.

Good to know that they appear to be progressing and that they state they are on track to finish phase II next year. It's also interesting to read about their lab test for assessing the hair forming ability of different formulations - sounds like a useful tool for the hair restoration community to have access to.
    Just to confirm, this is the treatment where they take your own stem cells out of your own bone marrow, do a tequila mix, inject it back and your old dead hair follicles pull a zombie move and become active again?

So it's in phase II - how many phases are there going to be? Also any idea on the possible cost?

Also, even if they revive old dead hair follicles, won't the DHT just kill them again?

Quote Originally Posted by melwou7245 View Post
    Just to confirm, this is the treatment where they take your own stem cells out of your own bone marrow, do a tequila mix, inject it back and your old dead hair follicles pull a zombie move and become active again?

So it's in phase II - how many phases are there going to be? Also any idea on the possible cost?

Also, even if they revive old dead hair follicles, won't the DHT just kill them again?
    I'm not sure about the bone marrow, but they do something very similar to Replicel in that they take a small biopsy from the back of the head where the hair cells are resistant to DHT. The difference is that Aderans is taking the DP cells, whereas Replicel is taking the Dermal Cup cells.

And the revived old hair follicles should be permanent as the newly implanted DHT resistant cells are migrating to those follicles.

Thats at least my understanding of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampung101 View Post
    I'm not sure about the bone marrow, but they do something very similar to Replicel in that they take a small biopsy from the back of the head where the hair cells are resistant to DHT. The difference is that Aderans is taking the DP cells, whereas Replicel is taking the Dermal Cup cells.

And the revived old hair follicles should be permanent as the newly implanted DHT resistant cells are migrating to those follicles.

Thats at least my understanding of this.
    OK, that's pretty concise, thanks. My second question - these Dermal Cup cells and DP cells, where do they get them? From your body, or cooked up in a lab?