+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please Help

Default Please Help

Alright everyone…….here I go again. 31 year-old with diffused thinning starting at the crown and progressing along the top of head. It doesn’t look that bad now but its definitely getting worse. Ive been using Propecia daily for 4 months now and have been using Rogaine for 8 months. Here is my major concern: When I pull on the hairs at the top of my head, I will see sometimes 3 or 4 hairs on my fingers. Its absurd how much hair I can pull out off the top of my head, yet when I pull on the sides nothing comes out. I figured the Propecia would at least be stabilizing the issue and making the hairs stronger but no such luck yet. Is this normal or should I be planning the inevitable (hair transplant?) Thank for any suggestions.

This has already been answered in your other thread. It does not matter how many times you ask the same qustion, the answer is what it is and it is not going to change.

It takes 12 full months before you will know if Propecia is working for you. Four months is not long enough... You won't know how well Propecia is working for you until you have been on it for a few years. This information is clearly written in the documentation that comes with the medication. Please consider reading that documentation. If you do not understand what that information is telling you, ask your doctor for clarification.

Another thing... Even those who do not suffer from hair loss will pull out about the same number of hairs you are complaining about. Stop needlessly pulling out your hair. That doesn't make any sense at all. Stop it.

I'm the same. My hair is falling out like a son of a bitch. as long as I keep running the comb through my hair more hairs will come out. It doesn't ****ing stop. Which is really pissing me off like nothing else. I'm sick and tired of this shit. I've been on propecia since god created earth and also on minoxidil but I don't ****ing know what's happening now. I've been shedding like a mother ****er for the past few months and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop this time.

They say you need to be on propecia for several months before it starts working IF IT WILL EVER WORKS. Just saying that in case you didn't know.

Just so you know, in the four years that I have been treating my hair loss I have gone through three periods of shedding. My hair grew back thicker and fuller each time. Will I experience another episode of shedding? I have no idea - but treatment is working for me, so I will continue treating it because I don't want to be a bald lady.

Another important thing to realize is that the treatments that are available do not work for everybody. Nothing does. This is an unfortunate reality.

BTW, there is no need for bad language.