+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finpecia questions (thanks!)

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for everyone's contributions here - this forum has some really useful info in it!

I've been considering using Generic Fin for some time, have researched a lot and finding it difficult to find anything concrete. But still, I have a couple of questions - I hope you guys will be able to help

1. I'm in the UK. I've found a cheap source of Finpeica here:

http://www.gothair.co.uk/finasteride...-propecia.aspx

It's cheap, like real cheap - £97.00 for a years supply. Has anyone got any experience with this company? They state that the Fin is manufactured by Cipla in India (which is apparently a good sign). They actually state 'Cipla & HAB' - no idea what the 'HAB' part is. I've checked out the web registration and its definitely a UK based site (not a fake one based in China), but I haven't read of anyone using it. Any comments?

2. What is with some of you guys reporting that using Fin actually made you shed MORE? How common is this?

3. I've read that some of you take 0.25 or 0.50mg doses. I thought the standard dose was 1.0mg. What's right?

4. Finally, and I'm sorry to ask this, but this Spex guy I keep reading about - is he really legitimate? I mean, his info is very useful and he appears to be very sincere, but he's also trying to sell stuff. That's a red flag for me. Also, the site for Fin that he recommends is twice the price of the site I mentioned above. Furthermore, his recommended site only accepts payment via direct bank transfer - again, another red flag for me. Can anyone reassure me about this?

Thanks in advance, guys. Any help will be much appreciated.

Kindest regards to you all!

Hi Jackk,

The shedding that you refer to is often a sign of the drug working, in a funny kind of way minoxidil has the same effect, usually occurs on new medication, nothing to be alarmed about.

1mg is the dose for DHT inhibition for hair loss. it's the only dose with clinical evidence to show that it works, that all that you should worry about.

http://www.gothair.co.uk/finasteride this site takes up to 21 days for delivery! we hair loss sufferer's want it yesterday! The problem with us sceptical paranoid hair loss sufferers is we don't trust anything right! LOL we all have the same issues, is it legite is it real is it safe, etc, I know as I have been there myself and everyone on this forum feels the same way.

Put it this way if you have to wait 21 days for medication that you don't know is from a legit site or not, your gonna think twice. UK finasteride is a place I get my finpecia from and they deliver it within 2 days! Bank transfer big deal, I'm happy because there is no dispute the transaction goes through and there is a record on your bank statement.

They also email you through every step of the way from the minute they receive payment, to the day they are posting out, that's what we want certainty and a uk source not involving timely posting and paranoia in between.

Speaking of Red flags and people wanting to just sell stuff, that site is blatantly encouraging people to post on the forums as there is an affiliate commission earned! see below:

Earn Store Credit by Referring us Customers
    Using a unique code (that belongs to you) their purchase will be discounted by 10% OR they will get 20% extra pills, giving them an incentive to order using your code!

You will get credit of 10% of the total (minus shipping charges) that can be applied to any order! Learn More >>
    here is the link:
    http://secure.4rx.com/shop/cart.php?...e64a3495d0a2e4

mmmm sounds like someone on here looking to sell stuff, the irony of the post!

As for Spex being legite, the guy has is on 4 forums he's done 10,000 + posts and the top docs in the industry all respect him for his unbiased, ethical advice from years of experience in the hair transplant world.

Try and find a bad word about spex other than leading speculation and you will be still looking.

You won't find another guy out there doing as much good work as Spex protecting vulnerable guys like us form making massive mistakes.

He's been on the forums for 10 years, check these testimonial out from the top docs:

Dr Gabel

https://www.youtube.com/user/SSPEXX#p/u/5/CtFVP07iPig

Dr Rahal, Dr Feller, Dr Alexander, Dr Lindsey, Dr Charles video

https://www.youtube.com/user/SSPEXX#p/u/4/M4KwsAMNHL4

Also The Times, The Guardian, Radio5live, The Australian etc etc

How much more proof does anyone need to see SPEX is the most legitimate source there is!

Link to http://spexhair.com

If that is not enough social proof, what better testimonial than from the guy who owns this forum! see the radio interview with Spencer Kobren here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SSPEXX#p/a/u/0/ZzeDACwx9LQ

At the end of the day, legitimacy and credibility is built form adding value over a period of time which creates a stellar reputation across all the forums and media not just registering on a forum overnight and in your first and ONLY post taking digs at a stand up guy who has helped thousands of people and respected by everyone worth a damn in this industry.

Coming on here and suggesting a site that gives you an affiliate commission for every sale that is made by your link is not really a smart thing to do. People won't listen to a guy who has one post to his name and in that one post has tried to discredit an honest caring individual in the hair loss forums.

best,

UK Responder

Hi Ukresponder,

Wow, that made me feel welcome! Thanks for your post and for the info, I really appreciate that, but you really have got me all wrong! Re-read my post - does it really sound like i'm fishing for a discount or something? That link I posted isn't even a referral link, if you cared to check. I suspected it's a dodgy site and so came on here to ask if anyone can confirm it (I mean, come on, the prices do seem a little too good to be true and probably are). Also, I hadn't noticed the referral offer - but yeah, I agree, that isn't a good sign. Nor are the delivery times you mention. I'll probably steer well clear of them, but I'm very poor and looking for cheap options. That's all - thanks for the info. Would still like to hear if anyone else can confirm whether the meds are fake or not...

As for the Spex comments - calm down mate! As I said in my post, I think he seems like a stand up guy and I was sorry to question him, but I just needed some reassurance. That's all. He might be well-respected to you and many others, but I'm new to the whole thing so you can't expect me to know everything about him. It's just difficult to know who to trust! I'm sorry you felt the need to react so strongly.

I've registered with the UK Fin site, but haven't proceeded to purchase yet. It's just that I can't afford the Finpecia from there and would have to settle for cutting the proscar. Another issue is that I don't want to buy a whole year's worth in case I encounter any side effects or anything. I'll probably end up going with them, but only if they can offer a six month supply instead.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Oh yeah, and thanks all the links - I'll check them all out.

Jack,
    Welcome to the site. I think from reading your 1st post UKresponder felt it was somewhat fishy.

Non the less i am only here to offer help and guidance based on my own journey of 10 years and the many i have helped along the way.

If Finpecia is too expensive for you then simply purchase 5mg Proscar and cut it into 5ths and voila you have 1mg finasteride. Many find it a pain to cut into 5ths - personally i never found it an issue however i now take 1mg generic finpecia and purchase it through ukfinasteride.info from Dr Singh who is a tried and trusted source of reliable and affordable ( to many)Reliable is the key as there are many sites out there selling bogus drugs and capitalising on the vulnerable. The industry is driven by these scam artists, hence why i try help inform people of the pitfalls and try help point them in the right direction based on my opinion.

0.5mg is actually supposed to suppress DHT effectively so something to consider.

Cutting Proscar is simple : https://www.youtube.com/user/SSPEXX#p/u/39/3UUjPNTr9eM

Hope this helps

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi Spex.

Thank you for your reply and for the info. I appreciate that. I hope you understand that I wasn't trying to take a dig at you - it's just that when you're new to all this stuff, it's pretty overwhelming and it's almost impossible to separate the con men from the good guys. Even when you're presented with loads of credible testimonies, you still question everything! So thanks, by answering my post you've earned my trust, at least.

I still have a couple of questions though, if you don't mind:

1. Regarding the increased shedding when starting a course of fin... how long should I expect this phase to last? And if it goes on any longer than that, should I stop taking the meds? I guess the same could be asked about side-effects...

2. Are there any differences between the different generic versions of Proscar? The UK Fin site states that they'll provide whatever generic proscar is available at the time of ordering. I know that essentially, all generics should be the same, but I've read on this forum of people experiencing different reactions to different generics. Is there any truth in this?

Thanks again and all the best

LOL Jackk, I have had worse so please do not worry. We are good.

Shedding is assosiated with the start of meds so be aware of it. Best thing is read this topic i made here :

Shedding topic on meds

I personally dont feel there is any difference between generic or branded versions. I personally take 1mg finpecia and feel its held me just as solid as proscar did and ive now been on finpecia a good 12 months so had chance to gauge a good control on it.

There was a recent post i read on another forum how well a guy had responded to generic finpecia ( he displayed pics and was very impressive) amongst many i hear positive feedback from. Key is getting as legit source. I feel generic finpecia is a very good drug and it works just as well as branded propecia. This is my opinion based on personal use of the drug and the very positive feedback from countless guys about it.

Regards
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 10-22-2011 at 10:54 AM.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hey spex, first of all thank you for posting so much information; i really find that its extremely helpful. secondly, i notice you sometimes post links for where you buy your generic propecia, unfortunately i do not live in the UK so i cant get them to ship to over here in the states. Is there another trustworthy website to purchase from? Thanks in advance man.

No problem mate - i do not know of any specifically as never used them or purchased via them however unitedpharmacy have been discussed several times previously.

Best of luck
    Spex

Finpecia (1mg) is generic propecia. Cipla is a reputed pharma company in India. It retails for ~$1 for 10 pills in India. I switched from Propecia to Finpecia ~2 years ago. It is same thing.