+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Inactive

The only problem with the photo of you is that it is posted on a hair loss site. In all honesty your head is not only shaped nicely for a buzz cut but you dont appear to be balding from any angle. Go enjoy life.

You look good
    Im sure some here wish they did what you did before getting a HT
    Buzz that stuff on your chin

I really do appriciate your comments guys.

Yes, I do have MPB.. I have to use Dermmatch ontop or else it the pattern will be VERY noticable.. I have severe thinning ontop.. that's why I'm trying to get use to buzz cut now so I don't have to stress out about it too much until Replicel saves me.

As for my chin hair.. i've always had it.. i'm not use to having it shaved off :P

Can you provide good quality photos to prove you are in fact thinning? The photos you have provided thus far show no sign of thinning.

Have you talked to a doctor in person about this. Please be mindful that on-line consultations do not count. I suspect you might be diagnosing yourself. A real doctor who specializes in treating hair loss needs to take a good look at your head.

I spoke with Dr Leonard (http://www.hairdr.com/) back in 2007. He diagnosed me with MPB.. been on Propecia since then..but last year or so my hair has started going down south.

This is extremely difficult for me to post. I suffer from depression, and have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) so I got enough to stress out about, losing my hair seems too overwhelming for me at times... but I've come to accept the fact that I'm losing my hair and I'm very optimistic about treatments in the near future.

I've been on Propecia and Rogaine since '07, but it seems as though my hair loss is more aggressive now for them to keep up :/ .. again, I really didn't want to post these pictures.. this is very difficult for me.. but you've guys have been a huge support, and anything that will help others, it's worth the pain.

my hair with & without hair loss concealer (Dermatch)

I appreciate your posting the pics to help us understand. You are still not offering good quality pics though. Your hair does not look as bad as you think it does. I know some women who wish they had as much coverage as you have... You look totally fine without concealer.

You need to be in therapy if you are not already. You need to come to terms with yourself and become "O.K." with yourself. Stress can cause hair loss. Once you find a way to deal with and relieve the stress you are creating for yourself, your hair can improve.

If Propecia is working for you and you are not experiencing side effects, you should stay on it.

If Rogaine has been working for you and you are not experiencing side effects, you should stay on it.

If you are not yet using Nizoral shampoo, you should think about using it at least once a week.

I have had good experience with my laser comb. You might too. Think about giving it a try. Hairmax gives you a 20 week money back guarantee. That is plenty of time to determine if the laser comb will do anything to improve the quality and look of your hair. If it does, great. If it doesn't, take advantage of that money back guarantee and get your money back.

If you do nothing else, you need to learn how to accept yourself and love yourself. That stress is not doing you any good in any way shape or form. Find yourself a healthy hobby and do the things that you love to do. It's good for your mind, body and soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    . Your hair does not look as bad as you think it does............ You look totally fine without concealer.

You need to be in therapy if you are not already. You need to come to terms with yourself and become "O.K." with yourself.
    I agree he looks fine

And yea I tried the therapy ...didn't work , Im still a mess

BoSox, can you manage a photo of the back of your head?

Looks great to me. Consider yourself lucky. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Do I look bad with a shaved head? Be honest.

My diffuse thinning has kept me from growing it any longer than 1 inch. I hate short hair.. i feel like my face is so disformed with no hair :/
    Bro, Honestly... You look pretty good with a shaved head. It just gives you a clean military look. Being that short helps blend any thin areas on your scalp. I'll take the shaved approach, versus the patch fine, thinning dull looking hair appearance. I fade my hair in the minor area that it has thinned, and keep my hair on a 6 guard on top, then I fade from a 0 guard, to a 2, and 2.5. I cut my own hair, and most of my friends. For some reason its something I've always been good at, I even do my neck line with a razor, and a two way mirror..