+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default If you could go to any doctor in New York area for a HT who would you pick?

Hello everyone, hoping on setting up a consultation for HT, I've been on this forum and others searching for who the best in my area is but I am still undecided so I thought why not just ask abruptly who everyone feels is the best!
    SO, if you could go to any doctor in the New York, of course based on reputation and the quality of his/her work, who would it be ?

One vote here for Dr. Feller.

only one reply?!!? come on guys...

PS thanks for the input!

Dr Feller no doubt

I am at 4 days post op from my surgery with Dr Feller and i am extremely happy.

I find it so odd that so many times people who claim to have had surgeries by Dr. Feller have single digit posts... I may be wrong, but I've encountered this at least 6 times now lol. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's a weird occurrence.
    I also don't like how Dr. Feller's bio on his website doesn't tell me much about his schooling and where he trained afterwards..

"Dr. Alan S. Feller was born, raised, attended medical school, and practices at his New York Hair Transplant Clinic"

by that statement I'm assuming he was brought up and lived in his Hair Transplant Clinic since birth? Is his Hair Transplant Clinic an accredited medical school? -obviously I'm joking, but what is sillier is that quote. That sentence is very ambiguous .

The reason why i have only four posts is because i only joined the site yesterday, but have been browsing the site for months to aid my choice in hair restoration surgeon.
    I cannot comment on other members as i don't know any.

Four days post surgery

well can you or anyone comment on his medical schooling/training? or why he is unable to prescribe finasteride but other hair consultants I went to offered to write me a prescription?

Default who to pick

Hello JudeL,

Dr Feller is one if the best hair transplant surgeon out there. one line answers don't mean nothing, if anything that's all you need to know. A reputation in this cut throat industry is not built overnight, but through hundreds and hundreds of successful and consistant results.

Dr Felller is ethical, realistic and will only give you the best quality work, minimal scaring and a high yeild of grafts that actually grow where they are supposed to.

I had my first HT last year, great result and I am going back in December without hesitation for my crown and hairline.

You can go round in circles looking and comparing different clinics and the like
    but the evidence and mass of successful HT's with DR Feller should be enough to satisfy your rationale on who to use. Try the other forums for more mass of Dr Feller patients.

best,

UKR

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post
    I find it so odd that so many times people who claim to have had surgeries by Dr. Feller have single digit posts... I may be wrong, but I've encountered this at least 6 times now lol. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's a weird occurrence.
    I also don't like how Dr. Feller's bio on his website doesn't tell me much about his schooling and where he trained afterwards..

"Dr. Alan S. Feller was born, raised, attended medical school, and practices at his New York Hair Transplant Clinic"

by that statement I'm assuming he was brought up and lived in his Hair Transplant Clinic since birth? Is his Hair Transplant Clinic an accredited medical school? -obviously I'm joking, but what is sillier is that quote. That sentence is very ambiguous .
    I thought I either read or saw an interview where it said that Dr. Feller had an academic background in mechanical engineering (I might be wrong) before he went to medical school. I think that's one element of the equation as to why he's so knowledgeable about the mechanics behind FUE (torsion, dissection etc) and why he has his own patented tool.